Macross Ace

Ganbare

Got my copy today and jeeze, that was an interesting issue. Did anyone else notice the Ghosts in space? Sketchley or Gubaba, if or when you get the volume, does the Ghost mecha sheet mention any difference between a "Ghost" and a "Ghostbird"? It seems to use the two interchangeably.

Got the pencil board too!

I got it from Amazon.co.jp along with a copy of The Labor Industry and Patlabor Perfect Establishment vol 1.

"Starbucking" characters is good.

On a side note: did Mikimoto end its Gundam Ecole Du Ciel Manga or he is doing two series at the same time? I wish he could devote all his attention to just The First and end the mobile suit thing.

Ecole du Ciel is "on hiatus." Every issue of Gundam Ace has a placeholder article about Ecole, but I don't think there's been any word about when it will be coming back. Personally, I hope he's been working on it a little at a time, and will end it soon.

*whew* Big day at Kinokuniya today...Macross Chronicle #45, Gundam Ace #92, Evangelion Vol. 12, and my requisite two copies of Macross Ace... :wacko:

Got my copy today and jeeze, that was an interesting issue. Did anyone else notice the Ghosts in space? Sketchley or Gubaba, if or when you get the volume, does the Ghost mecha sheet mention any difference between a "Ghost" and a "Ghostbird"? It seems to use the two interchangeably.

It looks like, according to Miyatake, that the QF-3000E is the "Ghost" and the X-9 is the "Ghost Bird." Which is strange, of course, because everywhere else, the X-9 is just called the Ghost... :unsure:

*whew* Big day at Kinokuniya today...Macross Chronicle #45, Gundam Ace #92, Evangelion Vol. 12, and my requisite two copies of Macross Ace... :wacko:

It looks like, according to Miyatake, that the QF-3000E is the "Ghost" and the X-9 is the "Ghost Bird." Which is strange, of course, because everywhere else, the X-9 is just called the Ghost... :unsure:

What time did you go there? I was there since I'm working across the street for 4 weeks. I went on my break at 1035 hrs, got my Chronicle #45. Wasn't all that interesting of an issue. Not like #43 and #44, with the various Valks. Macross Ace had some interesting pics in the "mechatronics" section, some space suit I haven't seen in Macross, and a Valkyrie with 6 legs, 4 wings, 4 arms, and Klan sitting on top of it. What the hell was that about?

Evangelion Vol. 12

:!:

I just checked for that a few days ago.

<Internetfu>

Ah, it was JUST released today (JST). That's odd that it's being offered overseas at the same time...

What time did you go there? I was there since I'm working across the street for 4 weeks. I went on my break at 1035 hrs, got my Chronicle #45. Wasn't all that interesting of an issue. Not like #43 and #44, with the various Valks. Macross Ace had some interesting pics in the "mechatronics" section, some space suit I haven't seen in Macross, and a Valkyrie with 6 legs, 4 wings, 4 arms, and Klan sitting on top of it. What the hell was that about?

I have NO F*CKIN' CLUE was that was about! But it's beautiful. ^_^

I was there in the afternoon, about 3:30 or 4:00.

It seems like they're shaking things up a bit...no Macross 7th Code in this issue, and it looks like a different artist has taken over Macross F: Secret Visions. Next issue, the Macross Plus comic starts, but it looks like it's just an adaptation of the show.

Macross the First is really beginning to depart from the source material, and it's moving at a pretty fast pace. It's hard not to feel bad for Hikaru in this chapter...not only because of Minmay's behavior, but also because of his atrocious fashion...

but also because of his atrocious fashion...

Well, wasn't he borrowing clothes from Roy? We can blame it on him, since I don't think this is like Macross II where Skull Squadron is world-renowned and ultra-popular yet. :lol:

Re: Ghost/Ghost Bird. That's what I thought it was getting at from my limited Japanese, which was a "O_o" moment for me, so I wanted to see what you thought too.

As for the Klan VF...I still prefer the bi-plane VF-25 with props. ^_^

Edited by Talos

You forgot to mention that they were the VF-1 and the VF-23; and that they were patched together using duct tape and staple gun. Hajime Katoki eat your heart out....

I have NO F*CKIN' CLUE was that was about! But it's beautiful. ^_^

I was there in the afternoon, about 3:30 or 4:00.

It seems like they're shaking things up a bit...no Macross 7th Code in this issue, and it looks like a different artist has taken over Macross F: Secret Visions. Next issue, the Macross Plus comic starts, but it looks like it's just an adaptation of the show.

Macross the First is really beginning to depart from the source material, and it's moving at a pretty fast pace. It's hard not to feel bad for Hikaru in this chapter...not only because of Minmay's behavior, but also because of his atrocious fashion...

I thought that the pic of Hikaru's "license" was cool, and now I want one of those Skull Team hats. But yeah, I noticed all the clothes he had on were quite large. This series really makes me drool over Minmay. She's so damn cute in this. Well, same with Misa. Speaking of, is 7th Code, will they put it back in later issues?

You forgot to mention that they were the VF-1 and the VF-23; and that they were patched together using duct tape and staple gun. Hajime Katoki eat your heart out....

Yeah, forgot to mention that. Pretty cool designs. OK, what was the girl in the Diebuster looking spacesuit for the Mechatronix? Not a bad looking design, just never saw it before. I also noticed a Cospa Fire Bomber wind breaker/jacket priced at like 4650 yen. I'm in. I'm gonna get one. Too awesome to pass up.

You mean Macross Chronicle? Or the article in the Macross Ace magazine? The former refers to it as Ghost X-9, and in the later, I only see "Super Bird" and "Ghost".

Kazutaka Miyatake Design Works Macross & Orguss pg 43 to 46 is titled "Ghost Series", with the M+ roughs titled "Advanced Ghost", the M+ version as "Ghostbird X-9" (or Ghost Bird X-9), and the M0 as "the first/original Ghost". On the last page, it has "Super Bird", which wasn't in Macross, but is described as something that he designed in the '78 to '80 period, and is clearly what the SDFM Ghost is based off of.

Therefore, I'm tempted to say that the designer's pet name for it is "Ghost Bird X-9", but the common name is "Ghost X-9".

Macross Ace had some interesting pics in the "mechatronics" section, some space suit I haven't seen in Macross, and a Valkyrie with 6 legs, 4 wings, 4 arms, and Klan sitting on top of it. What the hell was that about?

Not sure, but it's definitely too Gundamesque for my tastes, and not Macross enough. Anyhow, it's titled something along the lines of, "(tentatively named) Banzai Attacker: Klan Klan's special attack specification power-suit composed of VF parts"

PS: You forgot the 4 VF-11B dorsal Super Parts and VF-25 body and wings.

I thought that the pic of Hikaru's "license" was cool,

Not a license per se, it's his military ID. Pg 92 (English on form) "UN Spacy Volunteer Soldier", and pg 93 (Japanese text) "I enlisted".

I think what's more interesting is that just before he enlists, he tries to give Misa a bouquet of flowers! As Gubaba said, it's definitely different from both SDFM and DYRL. Personally, I think it's much cooler than both, but that's just me.

Not a license per se, it's his military ID. Pg 92 (English on form) "UN Spacy Volunteer Soldier", and pg 93 (Japanese text) "I enlisted".

I think what's more interesting is that just before he enlists, he tries to give Misa a bouquet of flowers! As Gubaba said, it's definitely different from both SDFM and DYRL. Personally, I think it's much cooler than both, but that's just me.

Absolutely cooler than DYRL. Cooler than TV? We'll see, but it's going on strong!

Got a picture of it?

Got a picture of it?

Now, that would take the fun out of it, wouldn't it? Part of why translated versions of Macross the First haven't been floating around here, too. No one would buy these if all the new stuff was just scanned and posted on here.

Is there anywhere I could buy this at 'retail' without paying a markup from a reseller and thereby only benefiting the secondary market?

In Japan.

Otherwise, you're stuck with the mark-up that ALL imports from one country to another face. You may find that a reseller is offering recently released goods for less than the cost of a bookstore or other importer in your area of residence.

Mikimoto "Starbucked" the ship's engineer :lol:

I'm not literate in Japanese, but in the next page or so after she is introduced, I swear it looks like Global is checking her out.

As far as I can piece together from just the panels, I'm liking how the story is unfolding and the artwork is fantastic. Hikaru looked hilarious in his "disguise".

I'm not literate in Japanese, but in the next page or so after she is introduced, I swear it looks like Global is checking her out.

Glabal's dialogue on that page is the same as in the series (i.e. weighing the pros and cons of a transformation), so if he's checking Gina out, he's keeping it to himself.

That said, I'm ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that he IS INDEED checking her out. Global's a quiet, restrained lech, but he's a lech nonetheless. ^_^

Glabal's dialogue on that page is the same as in the series (i.e. weighing the pros and cons of a transformation), so if he's checking Gina out, he's keeping it to himself.

That said, I'm ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE that he IS INDEED checking her out. Global's a quiet, restrained lech, but he's a lech nonetheless. ^_^

Muwahhaa! I knew it! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...