A Mild Suggestion...

Gubaba

i live in kanagawa and the age of consent in japan is 20. any relics of pre meiji era japan and the regards to younger women and older men is now just the stuff of manga and hentai.

<sigh> You're confusing the Age of Majority with the Age of Consent.

See: http://www.interpol.int/Public/Children/Se...ws/csaJapan.asp for details.

Also http://www.crnjapan.com/abuse/en/legalagesinjapan.html

and http://www.ageofconsent.com/japan.htm

(By posting this, I'm only pointing out the law. The morality of it is an entirely different social factor.)

I'd suggest stopping posts that are in complete Japanese but as half of you seem to KNOW the language, I'm sure I'll be over-ruled. :p Seriously though, it keeps fans who DON'T KNOW Japanese from understanding what's going on. We appreciate any and all translations so that we don't feel left out.

I call these my "gut-reaction" answers.

1. Which girl got Alto? - a new perspective on this fascinating topic.

"ménage à trois " and "Orgy" are such an underused words these days.

2. What was the mystery fighter that appeared at the end of Macross Frontier Episode 5?

Your momma.

3. There were a few badly animated frames in Macross Frontier. Did you notice?

No. You should seriously get your eyes checked. 750/750 lens aren't strong enough.

4. Which is canon? DYRL or SDF:M?

Whichever one floats your boat.

5. What is the significance of the spiral markings on the Vajra? They have to be there as a clue? Don't they?

Animators had to fill some space on the designs. Haven't you ever seen the iPod, designed by Microsoft?

6. Will we ever find out what happened to Shin and Sara? The other great mystery couple of the Macross Saga!

Same answer to the question "Will we ever find who keeps producing pineapples in Macross?".

9. HG vs Macek. Which is more evil?

Neither. Apple eats 'em both for a midnight snack.

............................................________

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,

.............................,.-”...................................“-.,

.........................,/...............................................”:,

.....................,?......................................................\,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:”........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}

...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../

...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

Taksraven

I'm sure this disappearrance story was brought in to the world by angry RT fans who felt the Sentinels story line was better then the Macross continuity :lol:

Lets face it. The story of these characters ends with FB2012. The disappearance story however is something else entirely and has become an urban legend. Posts will pop up from time to time when a new lore interested member joins the board. Much to Azraels regret I'm sure ;)

Angry RT fans who though the Sentinels storyline was better.... That's what I hate about RT fans... They think a cancelled idea is better than a win situation like Macross...

None. Brera got Alto... AND Ranka, thereby proving that there is incest in Macross.

2. What was the mystery fighter that appeared at the end of Macross Frontier Episode 5?

But MacII was made by Big West!

There were a few badly animated frames in SDFM. Did YOU notice?

The answer is in Mac7 episode ONE. Seriously, within 5 minutes of the start of the first episode, DYRL? is stated to be a movie. If you haven't seen that much, get off the damn board.

5. What is the significance of the spiral markings on the Vajra? They have to be there as a clue? Don't they?

Uh... Maybe... AESTHETICS? The spirals look nice, ok? END DISCUSSION!

6. Will we ever find out what happened to Shin and Sara? The other great mystery couple of the Macross Saga!

They died. There. That's it, that's all. Sara was nuked and Shin was sucked out an airlock... After his plane was nuked.

Steven Jobs. Worse than Gates, Macek, and Badolza together. Now, go find someone else to bitch at. Try talking about Tatsunoko, instead. Weren't it for them, RT wouldn't exist, HG wouldn't have the rights, and Macross might have a chance of reaching America outside of pirated video and Japanese websites.

Please no more of those I want to Buy xxxxxxxx which xxxxxxx do you think I should buy threads.

Maybe we should have a hall of the super MEH! threads for all the threads we hate to have re-gone over.

I might start something here, but...

Since we have an image of Minmay in the locket at the end of Mac-Frontier, isn't that considered writing about it, even in the most oblique sense? It's a great tease, don't you think, that if not realized would make Kawamori the Devil and all of us are his Damned subjects. :unsure:

I do hope that we get some answer as to what truly happened to them. Falling off the edge of the universe isn't enough for me. These were the character that I fell in love with as a kid. These are Kawamori's first 'children.' They can't just be dropped and never seen again. Can they...?

Kawamori is first and foremost a Mecha designer, I'm sure his true love childeren are the Valkeries, not the original SDFM cast. Quite likely that Hikaru, Misa and Minmay mean more to Mikimoto then Kawamori.

Angry RT fans who though the Sentinels storyline was better.... That's what I hate about RT fans... They think a cancelled idea is better than a win situation like Macross...

None. Brera got Alto... AND Ranka, thereby proving that there is incest in Macross.

There were a few badly animated frames in SDFM. Did YOU notice?

The answer is in Mac7 episode ONE. Seriously, within 5 minutes of the start of the first episode, DYRL? is stated to be a movie. If you haven't seen that much, get off the damn board.

Uh... Maybe... AESTHETICS? The spirals look nice, ok? END DISCUSSION!

They died. There. That's it, that's all. Sara was nuked and Shin was sucked out an airlock... After his plane was nuked.

Steven Jobs. Worse than Gates, Macek, and Badolza together. Now, go find someone else to bitch at. Try talking about Tatsunoko, instead. Weren't it for them, RT wouldn't exist, HG wouldn't have the rights, and Macross might have a chance of reaching America outside of pirated video and Japanese websites.

FFS. My post that had the topics we could talk about was a JOKE!

picard-facepalm.jpg

Taksraven

:blink:

"Someone get me a rope."

I second that. MisaForbidden has spoken blashphemy... BLASPHEMY I tell you!!!

:lol: THERE'S NO ROPE IN MECHA ANIME!!! :ph34r: *HIDES*

Then we will use the grappling hook cable from the VF-25G that allows the valkyrie to latch onto surfaces for a more stable and possibly hidden sniping position. Or if March prefers I can come up with something more unique :ph34r: .

As for everything else, I pretty much agree with Gubaba... although I also agree with VFTF1 that it is sometimes a good thing for those like he and I who have found it within us to like Basara's character and the ending to Macross Zero (I like it, but I still don't understand it). However unlike VFTF1 I am more likely to think to myself "Ugh.. another person who can't want a show closely enough to realize the deeper characteristics of that character/ending" and from there I proceed to ignore their bashing and move on.

Are we just going to make this topic into TNG quoting and picture responses? Not that I mind, I could do that all day, but it is quite off topic at the same time.

Its all well and good to tell us about what is forbidden and what we shouldn't talk about because I love totalitarianism, but how about a list of topics that are ENCOURAGED for discussion.

How about this.....

THE LIST OF UN-FORBIDDEN TOPICS ON THE MACROSSWORLD FORUMS
talk about them, please.

8. Does the fact that Bobby is gay make him a repugnant character? Is there a place for gay characters in the Macross universe?

Ok, lets start discussing.

Taksraven

oh there was in MAcross II and in Macross 7 Dynamite ( I'm talking about the Lesbo molester who tried to rape Mylene, and that cross dressing hair dresser.)

2ypgp46.jpg

:Edit:

Schizo and taksraven...

k54q3a.gif

desu

Edited by anime52k8

facepalm2sn8.jpg

:p :P :p :P

Taksraven

"The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And *I* will make them pay for what they've done."

-Captain Jean Luc Picard, USS Enterprise

2ypgp46.jpg

:Edit:

Schizo and taksraven...

k54q3a.gif

desu

"Ranka-chan! News desu yo! Ultra-Super-Big-News desu!'

-Elmo Kridanik, Macross Frontier

Look above.

"The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And *I* will make them pay for what they've done."

-Captain Jean Luc Picard, USS Enterprise

sisko-facepalm.jpg

:p :P :p :P

Taksraven

(...and before I'm hassled by a mod, I'm done with this.)

Good grief...Macrossworld has turned into 4chan... :blink:

I'm going to have to smoke an extra turd in hell for creating this thread, aren't I...?

By the way, @Master Dex: I actually like Macross 7, Macross II, and Macross Zero much better than I let on in the original post. I was trying trying to rehash the arguments as succinctly as possible so that other people wouldn't feel the need to rehash them at length.

I have, perhaps, failed in this endeavor. <_<

I'm going to have to smoke an extra turd in hell for creating this thread, aren't I...?

By the way, @Master Dex: I actually like Macross 7, Macross II, and Macross Zero much better than I let on in the original post. I was trying trying to rehash the arguments as succinctly as possible so that other people wouldn't feel the need to rehash them at length.

Gubaba by creating a thread composed of positrons you have attracted electrons.

Simply put when you've set up this inane thread attracting the very things you sought to avoid and more.

Nature abhors a vacumm thus craziness fill this void.

I understood your purpose well enough, I'm good at that. However it is impossible to stop people from asking questions and talking, someone always wants to know something even if everyone else knows the answer already. We just need a page of facts that can quickly answer all this, like the FAQ we mentioned in the Newbie Questions thread which I believe is a great idea.

As for the show opinions, I know you like those quite well, as you started the chain of "BOMBAA!!"s after Frontier ep.17, lol. That episode is what got me into Fire Bomber music as well, and thus able to enjoy Mac7. I actually have no real opinion on Macross II as I have never seen it all the way through (I have seen about a hour of the dub and was finding it wholly uninteresting) and since it resides in a parallel universe I don't see it being as important and therefor I don't think I need to see it. That is just me though, I like pretty much everything else in Macross.

Gubaba by creating a thread composed of positrons you have attracted electrons.

Simply put when you've set up this inane thread attracting the very things you sought to avoid and more.

Nature abhors a vacumm thus craziness fill this void.

And that's why 99.99999999999999999% of nature is a vacuum. :p

GUBABA! ASSIMILATE!

I understood your purpose well enough, I'm good at that. However it is impossible to stop people from asking questions and talking, someone always wants to know something even if everyone else knows the answer already. We just need a page of facts that can quickly answer all this, like the FAQ we mentioned in the Newbie Questions thread which I believe is a great idea.

I strongly considered creating a thread in which we could try to put together a definitive FAQ after that discussion in the newbie thread (I got as far as starting to set out what the thread could achieve), but I abandoned it due to a combination of my own laziness and the fact that even with a FAQ there was still a strong chance that people would STILL dispute the content and chances are that newbies would keep asking repetitive questions anyway.

I understand the purpose of this thread and applaud the GENERAL sentiments of it but ultimately I decided to have fun with it. Rather than just having blanket rules I think that we would do better with people steering threads away from repetitive topics.

Thats why I posted my "Things we SHOULD talk about" response as a joke and mentioned things like the *poor animation in episode five of frontier*, because that subject was ABSOLUTELY DONE TO DEATH!! in the Episode five thread, so much so that other interesting things in the episode were neglected, and little was done at the time to stop people harping on about it.

(Just for the record I don't think that the animation in Ep 05 was that bad and YES, I know that there was some really bad animation in SDF:M, thanks to those who pointed out the obvious when it wasn't needed! *Now I will probably get some brilliant person posting the shot of Ranka when she was at the side of frame and really off model in Episode 5 to try to prove their point*)

So to sum up, I think that a lot of us (myself included) need to take more care with posting (this has already been suggested I know) and to stop being such a pedantic bunch of boring farts, that way we can keep discussions and threads flowing without being shipwrecked on tiny issues.

(As if that would ever happen. :lol: :lol: )

Taksraven

So to sum up, I think that a lot of us (myself included) need to take more care with posting (this has already been suggested I know) and to stop being such a pedantic bunch of boring farts, that way we can keep discussions and threads flowing without being shipwrecked on tiny issues.

(As if that would ever happen. :lol: :lol: )

Taksraven

Bah, it's the nature of message boards. Everyone has their pet issues, everyone says things that make others' blood boil, people miss the beginning of the thread and give information that has already been well-discussed.

Generally, of course, judicious use of the search button would solve 99% of the repetition, but not always, and we've all trotted out some gem that we thought was entirely new, only to find that others had brought it up weeks before.

As always, to err is human.

Unless you're MisaForsaken. Then it's a way of life. :p