Viper's Creed Thread (can we make it official?)

RavenHawk

I asked Aramaki-san about this, and I'm guessing the last part depends on how well Viper's Creed did:

Hopefully it did better than one would assume, based on how few comments this thread has had.

I also hope it did well enough to warrant some toys/models, to add to my display of Aramaki-designed motorcycle mecha.

EDIT:

BTW, I would love to see an Appleseed: Ex Machina quality CG version of this, just a little more focused than this series felt.

Edited by RavenHawk

Jus watched episode 11, and have a BUNCH of spoilerish comments:

First of all, man, they're just killing off every major character and minor-single-episode character at this point, aren't they?

Seems like if you're carrying the data disk, then you're the next to receive an injury which causes you to sacrifice yourself attacking the enemy head-on while the rest of the good guys escape... every time!

It does seem a bit strange that all of these characters who, for more than half the series, were shown to be very selfish, self-centered, self-serving, and really barely even a team in the loosest sense of the word, are now sacrificing themselves for the good of the others. I mean, this was the right character development to have, this is how they should have changed over the course of the series, but it didn't seem like steady development, but rather a very sudden shift.

By the way, why did our good buddy Rudra, the sniper, decide to jump down among the citizens to take out that Bugmech, instead of doing so from his nice sniper's perch?

If anybody out there is reading this, do you think that Rudra really saw that female sniper at the end, or was it his imagination?

It was nice to see that new mecha at the very very end of the episode, even if it was kind of a Shadowdancer Cyclone type of combination of other mecha from the series, with a new paint job.

Good episode, nicely explains everything that happened before, without being too heavy handed about it, I just wish the whole series had been this interestingly written.

I don't know if I've asked this before, but, looking at the characters from Unit Viper, is anyone else reminded of the stereotypical characters from a comic book team from the early '90s, like what you would see from Jim Lee or Rob Liefeld? The cool goodlooking guy with long hair who is a weapons expert, the quiet dark leader, the exageratedly large and muscled big guy with a large weapon or power (rocket launchers, in this case), and the overly busty blonde woman who is a deadly warrior?

it should be a law that if you make a anime:

...you must also immediately release LINE-ART of the mechs!!!!!

EXACTLY.

I've seen plenty of MOSPEADA line-art, plenty of Bubblegum Crisis line-art, some Megazone 23 line-art (not all that much), I know there's a book of art from the recent Megazone 23 PS3 videogame, but you have to buy the limited edition version of the game to get it...

But no line-art for Viper's Creed yet.

Very little line-art for RideBack.

Blassreiter... well, there is an art book out, but it's too expensive for me to buy it when you consider how little art there probably is of the Paladins, which are what I want to see.

Just watched episode 12, the final episode.

Wow. Very intense.

Lots of action too. Not only that, but I'd say is was the best choreographed action of the whole series.

On to spoilers.

Saiki getting blinded seemed kind of silly. Reminded me of the third Matrix movie, though there he was still supposed to be able to see, just using his special abilities. Here, him being told where an enemy was, and still being to counter-attack so perfectly seemed a good bit farfetched. I just can't accept that there is any way he could tell so precisely what was going on, or a umber of details, rile sidestepping Ulla, rolling, and picking up another gun off the ground. Also, which did he still get permission to shift (transform), when he doesn't report to anyone anymore?

Nice seeing the doc back. Pretty much every character, except for a couple kids, who appeared over the course of the series, had some part to play in these final couple episodes.

Haruki is still alive? He was hidden away by the doc? How did they fake his funeral? Why didn't he help his former teammates as they were dying one by one?

Who put those spices on the girl's doorknob? I have to assume that the military wouldn't have been claiming that Golem was dead unless they had found a body after the explosion.

How cool is Saiki's old maneuver blade???

Yamato really needs to get in on this. Like they did for Megazone 23, they could make the differect Blademen's Maneuver Blades, as well as

Saiki's awesome old red blade

, and

Ulla's new anti-maneuver-blade blade

. All from the same molds too, just different colors, stickers, and some clip-on weapons.

All in all, a very good conclusion to what started out as a rather bland show.

sounds good; yamato...or anyone! BUILD me variable bikes!!!(my proto-G is in the mail..can't wait!)

i've yet too see the show>>>but i want in on those garland-ese mechs.

..yet a decent screen shot or line-art of both modes would be nice for opener! jjshshhhhhhh <_<

sounds good; yamato...or anyone! BUILD me variable bikes!!!(my proto-G is in the mail..can't wait!)

i've yet too see the show>>>but i want in on those garland-ese mechs.

..yet a decent screen shot or line-art of both modes would be nice for opener! jjshshhhhhhh <_<

Not much out there...

Here are a couple.

Let me know when you get your Proto-Garland. I've got two, plus a factory color one.

post-7028-1239064532_thumb.jpg

post-7028-1239064541_thumb.jpg

now, that's what i'm talking about!!

>>>thanks for the pics dude!! ..me likey ..me WANTyyyyy!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Soo..yamato:gimmmmeee :blink: !!!!!!!!!

yep my first garland..i wish they would make the HAGAN versions..someone said; because they are enemy mech we may not see them produced... WTFFfFf

-- FANS WANT variable BIKES gawddangitt! --

yamto : DELIVER !

The limbs are a little skiinny for my taste, but they definitely grew on me a lot over the course of the series.

FYI, the Hargan shield that comes with the proto-Garland fits on the Garlands arm. I'll upload a pic of all my different variable bike toys in a couple days. Heading out of town tomorrow.

Like I said, I'm obsessed with variable bikes.

willstand by for pics..can't wait!

yeah i noticed th hagan shield..gave me hopes of seeing the HAGAN..

doe the hagan have it's legs SEPERATE during transformation..?/ seem to rember enemy bikes riding into a trailer to transform?? correct?

anyway..also just ordered these little hagan figs(organic) from HLJ- CHEEEEEP! thou i prefer variables; anyday!!!

http://www.hlj.com/product/ORG02152

http://www.hlj.com/product/ORG02151

seen these?

Edited by novaflo

willstand by for pics..can't wait!

yeah i noticed th hagan shield..gave me hopes of seeing the HAGAN..

doe the hagan have it's legs SEPERATE during transformation..?/ seem to rember enemy bikes riding into a trailer to transform?? correct?

anyway..also just ordered these little hagan figs(organic) from HLJ- CHEEEEEP! thou i prefer variables; anyday!!!

http://www.hlj.com/product/ORG02152

http://www.hlj.com/product/ORG02151

seen these?

The legs were separate, yes. It rode into a truck, and then the legs attached. If I remember correctly, the arms attached too. The bike really just became the body.

Yup, just rewatched it and, while it's not totally clear, it does look to me like both the arms and legs attach to it.

I have seen those figures from HLJ. Very very tempting, since you know we'll never see ones of that many different designs from Yamato. On the other hand, shipping from HLJ is kind of expensive, and none of those figures transform.

I'm out of town tomorrow, but when I get back and have some time I'll take some screen captures so we have some decent Viper's Creed pics.

Meanwhile, the following is a pic from the final episode.

It is also a spoiler, though a very minor one and I can't imagine how it would ruin anything for someone, but don't continue scrolling down if you don't want to see it.

If you like the Viper's Creed Maneuver-Blades/Maneuver-Roids, and you like the original Garland from Megazone 23, check this out...

post-7028-1239074817_thumb.jpgpost-7028-1239074834_thumb.jpg

i like the first bike more i think..the humanoid mode is simply freaky!!! ..i expect no less from the ride-armor master!!!

>>>cant wait for the toy shots man!

Yep hlj is big shipp$$from japan ..but nice addition to a larger order at $6 a pop!

i like the first bike more i think..the humanoid mode is simply freaky!!! ..i expect no less from the ride-armor master!!!

>>>cant wait for the toy shots man!

Yep hlj is big shipp$$from japan ..but nice addition to a larger order at $6 a pop!

What do you mean by the first bike?

oh;....the first saber you posted>>> the blue bike/armor pics .

....the red one you posted kinda reminds me of that transformers 'drone' bike. but bot mode rocks. :rolleyes:

Gotcha.

I typically prefer black or blue bikes. Pretty much always, actually. However, for some reason, I really like this one in red.

digg-itt,,,

yeah. i just got my protoGarland!!! in a word?....incredible! :D

but... one of the handlebars was snapped(others reported this so i was prepared)

well..get out the superglue : then, i want to re-enforce the handlebars by fitting small rings where the bars meet the assembly..just too prevent future breaks(those bars are quite wimpy)

im just gonna transform her first too make sure it wont fuk up the process-

what a pain in the ass!

otherwize -absolutely kick-ass beefy manuver slave!!! quite AWSOME!!!

does yamato u.s.a. replace stuff like this(just the h-bars)??

..also i dont even know IF the handlebar assembly can be switched out..unless the whole friggin toy is dissasembled!

..oh well it should look tight once i mod the bars at thier base. ;)

Edited by novaflo

digg-itt,,,

yeah. i just got my protoGarland!!! in a word?....incredible! :D

but... one of the handlebars was snapped(others reported this so i was prepared)

well..get out the superglue : then, i want to re-enforce the handlebars by fitting small rings where the bars meet the assembly..just too prevent future breaks(those bars are quite wimpy)

im just gonna transform her first too make sure it wont fuk up the process-

what a pain in the ass!

otherwize -absolutely kick-ass beefy manuver slave!!! quite AWSOME!!!

does yamato u.s.a. replace stuff like this(just the h-bars)??

..also i dont even know IF the handlebar assembly can be switched out..unless the whole friggin toy is dissasembled!

..oh well it should look tight once i mod the bars at thier base. ;)

I got mine back in December or January, transformed it, and the hip was broken. I emailed Yamato USA a very nice polite letter, telling them how much I loved the product, but had this one problem. Within a week there was a new Proto-Garland sitting on my doorstep.

That is the way a company SHOULD treat their loyal customers.

I got mine back in December or January, transformed it, and the hip was broken. I emailed Yamato USA a very nice polite letter, telling them how much I loved the product, but had this one problem. Within a week there was a new Proto-Garland sitting on my doorstep.

That is the way a company SHOULD treat their loyal customers.

I can can digg THAT!. . ..just sent 'em an email(polite+ass-kissy)...hoping for the best. :rolleyes:

do you think the handle ber assembly will be hard too switch out?? :huh:-

feeling like a bit of a shmuk for liking transfroming robots>>when they are so fiddly and break-prone(japanese toys in general)

..but i can't help myself...LOVE -eMMMmm!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

either way:..at least yamato is great with customer servise...so i can live with that!

I can can digg THAT!. . ..just sent 'em an email(polite+ass-kissy)...hoping for the best. :rolleyes:

do you think the handle ber assembly will be hard too switch out?? :huh:-

feeling like a bit of a shmuk for liking transfroming robots>>when they are so fiddly and break-prone(japanese toys in general)

..but i can't help myself...LOVE -eMMMmm!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

either way:..at least yamato is great with customer servise...so i can live with that!

No idea, have to take a look at mine when I get home tonight, but I feel pretty certain they'll find some way to fix the problem for you.

I just wish these things we love were loved in higher quantities. I look at my son's $15 Transformer, with solid parts, good connections, proper fits and posability, and can be dropped on the floor and still be fine... Then I look at one of my $150 transforming toys from any of a number of Anime, that are fidgety, don't hold poses well, are no fun to transform, and break just from being transformed, never mind dropped...

thanks bro...i may start a thread too see what others have done with 'em;;

yeah,

for durability? transformers Vs. high-end niche variables = ...NO contest!!!

its a horrible irony :mellow:

I don't know if it's a matter of who has better engineers designing the toys, better materials, or just part of designing for a smaller market.

• 3 weeks later...
Studio Halfeye is apparently on the job of making a transformable Maneuver Blade kit:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-92561-1-1.html

Best news I've heard in a good long while. I am psyched.

Thank you so much for finding and posting this, electric indigo!

EDIT:

This is Studio Halfeye's page with more pics:

http://studio-halfeye.com/himiken_blog/takaken/

Since I don't read Japanese, and the google translation of this page is no help, can anyone tell if this is something that will be available for sale sometime?

Edited by RavenHawk

I think you can expect a regular kit release, but also a hefty SHE price tag. Maybe it will show up at the Shizuoka hobby show.

Note that the prototype shows the stepped surfaces of a 3D-print. So SHE has switched to CAD manufacturing.

I've never heard of this company before (I'm kind of new to the scene). What type of pricetags do they typically have on this kind of stuff?

Do they sell just at hobby shows, or at places like BigBadToyStore or HLJ?

Thanks.

Their most excessive thing is the Perfect Change Dangaioh

http://www.hlj.com/product/SHE33047

You can find more here:

http://www.hlj.com/company/SHE/

$777? That's insane! Don't get me wrong, it looks like the design work and quality on that are amazing, but that's still an insane amount of money for, essentially, a toy/display piece.

I DEFINITELY want the Viper's Creed maneuver blade, but I'm thinking a Beagle MOSPEADA type price is probably as high as anyone would be willing to go on this one, myself included. Plus, if they do variants for the different characters, and the red one at the end... could get very pricey.

Thanks for the links!

Wow... still getting over the sticker shock of their products... looks like anywhere from $90 to $800, with the perfect change ones (and this looks to be complicated enough to qualify) being in that $700-$800 neighborhood.

Complete GORGEOUS pics of the Studio HalfEye Maneuver Blade, including trasformation.

Very cool stuff.

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-93920-1-1.html

EDIT:

OFFICIAL page:

http://studio-halfeye.com/works/maneuver_b...mblade_top.html

Edited by RavenHawk