which destroid do you like most?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. which destroid do you like most?

• Monster
    • Phalanx
    • Tomahawk
    • Defender
    • (that new destroid in M0)

The Tomahawk is probably the most interesting with its aggressive design and weapons load. Somehow, I get the feeling if the smaller destroids are released, the Tomahawk won't be the first. The first may be Defender (nice but not the most popular), followed by the Phalanx (funky but still cool), the Spartan (maybe the least popular?) and then the Tomahawk.

The Tomahawk. I use to play as a Detroid pilot in the Robotech/Macross RPG from Pallidium books and it was a blast to kick ass with that mech. :lol:

That rocks!

I picked the Tomohawk. The only design I never really liked was the Spartan, which wasn't one of the choices anyway. :p

Where's the Spartan?? after the monster is my fav...

The Spartan It is the only mecha to achieve hand to hand combat and use hand weapons after a battroid; is slow but it makes it up with is missile load..

Edited by 007-vf1

Gotta vote for the Big Bad@ss Monster

Edited by vf1_soulja

Phalanx ... well I actually like the Phalanx II from Macross II the best, but the Monster is a close second followed by the original Phalanx. I remember drooling and begging my friend to find me a Phalanx toy in Japan, if they had one, in addition to a VF-2SS. Sadly, looks like there never was... hopefully Yamato will one day do an MII series of valkyries, destroids, and enemy mecha... (Heh, still waiting for Macross or DYRL destroids).

Phalanx ... well I actually like the Phalanx II from Macross II the best, but the Monster is a close second followed by the original Phalanx. I remember drooling and begging my friend to find me a Phalanx toy in Japan, if they had one, in addition to a VF-2SS. Sadly, looks like there never was... hopefully Yamato will one day do an MII series of valkyries, destroids, and enemy mecha... (Heh, still waiting for Macross or DYRL destroids).

There were at least 3 Destroid Phalanx toys from the 80's. All by Takatoku Toys:

Easiest to find: 1/144 scale diecast Mecha Collection Series

Nicest/most expensive: 1/100 Conversion Kit (1 engine wih armor for 3 Destroids)

Cutest: Sofubi version (soft vinyl figure with almost no articulation)

You just gotta look for them!