An idea for the ultimate Macross / Macross Frontier game

Pulseczar

Hi everyone; first-time poster, long-time macross fan here.

I really wasn't sure this topic belongs in this section since we're not talking about an actual, existing game here, but I'd love to see it discussed (or better yet, if this idea actually made past internet-geek speculation state).

Well, I was wondering what the ideal Macross game would be like, one that would fully capture what Macross is all about. Then I came up with the concept of a 3D third-person shooter/Singstar/Rock Band hybrid. In a nutshell: while you're controlling your valkirye, a second character would sing to a karaoke track with an USB mic (a la Minmay); if the person singing does his/her job right, the fighter would gain power-ups (like the "Star Power" from Guitar Hero). You can read more about my musings on the subject in the following post on YKDB Forums.

I for one think it would be awesome fighting the war against Zentrans or Vajra while my friend sings "Ai ~ oboeteimasu ka", and saves the day with some fine singing. Wouldn't you guys want to play this game were it ever released?

Again, sorry if this is too off-topic and please move it to the right section if that's the case.

Awesome idea, i'll play it for sure.

I'd like a Macross game resembling Privateer, cept you use valks, and can fly ANYWHERE, space or planetary missions,

using folds and capital ships, aiding ground based missions in cities, then jetting off to base to re-arm/repair...

ahh would be a dream, also would love one for Mospeada as well, using R/Armors and of course Legioss/Treads.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I think there would be a lot of potential in a MAF/Super Dimensional Fortress Macross/Singstar hybrid but it would be a licensing nightmare I bet. I would try to stay away from Rockband's failure if you sing/play poorly though as that can be pretty frustrating since most people are tone deaf. I'm sure that there would be a CPU assist option for those playing single player so maybe the musical stuff could be a throw away to those more interested in action/itano..

Great now I'm psyched for something that will never happen <_<

I think Ace Frontier actually handled things dead on, it just needs more songs, more singing pilots, and more level variety. Some beefy current gen console (ps3) graphics wouldn't hurt either.

Edited by Keith

I think adding on from RuskiiVFaussie add to it some "mechcommader" type comandable table top type interface that would allow multi users to be able to command their A.I and or Real persons battle group. they would view it like in mechcommader or Homeworld depending on if it was land based or space. and the players of the Valks and ships would have eaither a first person view for smaller craft of a suitable view for larger ships and capital ships.

This was something i always wanted to get for Mechwarrior 4 and Mechcommader 2 morph them into Total Mechcommand or somthing.

If you could add the singstar ability in and get a vocoder like function to stop us all sounding like dieing cats that would also be great.

Make the Rockstar guitar a control option when flying the VF19 Kai.

Awesome idea, i'll play it for sure.

I'd like a Macross game resembling Privateer, cept you use valks, and can fly ANYWHERE, space or planetary missions,

using folds and capital ships, aiding ground based missions in cities, then jetting off to base to re-arm/repair...

ahh would be a dream, also would love one for Mospeada as well, using R/Armors and of course Legioss/Treads.

... *Ahem* Robotech Crystal Dreams was cancelled in 1998. :p

• 2 weeks later...
If you could add the singstar ability in and get a vocoder like function to stop us all sounding like dieing cats that would also be great.

Make the Rockstar guitar a control option when flying the VF19 Kai.

You've no idea how funny it was to hear someone sing over a mic, singing along with an obnoxiously loud song that was muted while playing Age of Chivalry. It was so bad, but he kept on belting it out lol...

As for the guitar scheme, an attachment to the body of the guitar like how motion plus is added onto the wiimote, is pretty much the way to go.

As for the guitar scheme, an attachment to the body of the guitar like how motion plus is added onto the wiimote, is pretty much the way to go.

Whats great about that is it would require no added tech.

One Wii mote built into the Guitar and one normal one just clipped on.