yamato's next move

arrow

They are just trying to figure out what is going out specifically, it's not like your guesses were any better than theirs.

I second that to what shin said, replying to agent-ghq's comment

Edited by tank

Looks like it is the Mac 7 Dynamite line

I have not seen Macross 7 yet. Could I just watch Dynamite7 or do I have to watch the macross7 series first? I mean, is dynamite7 like a sequel? (I know, what kind of fan am I? I have seen SDFM, DYRL, macII, mac+, mac0, and frontier, just no mac7).

Not really, just some adventures that happen within the time frame of the last story arc. You could probably just watch those and be fine. Mac 7 is hard to get into but I need to rewatch it again. I own it and only saw it once and said never again. Maybe I will be able to appreciate it more this time around.

First I'd like to see Yamato retire all the 1/48 molds.

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I am hoping their next moves have to do with both acts of the Minmay Guards in the new 1/60 scale, a stand alone GBP-1S Armor set as well as a box set with Hikaru's VF-1J suited up in it; all in 1/60 of course.

Next, I'm hoping the next move is a special gift set of a stealth VF-1S with new matching GBP-1S armor in black and gray suited in the display box with lots of tampo printing; 1/60 scale of course.

Lastly, I'm hoping a possible move is a VF-1J in the LV1 color scheme as a special gift set with the urban cammo GBP-1S armor suited in the display box with lots of tampo printing; 1/60 scale of course.

If all this came to pass I'd be happier than a sissy with a bag of ___________!

:D

Not really, just some adventures that happen within the time frame of the last story arc. You could probably just watch those and be fine. Mac 7 is hard to get into but I need to rewatch it again. I own it and only saw it once and said never again. Maybe I will be able to appreciate it more this time around.

dont force yourself dude bad is bad dont torture yourself with watching the whole thing, I mean I saw a couple episode its just annoying for my taste lead character singing and all i feel like i wanna slap him hahaha but for sure i would like to see some mechs made though in mac 7 i was just hoping for something else besides mac 7 if announced maybe frontier? :D lol i doubt it but still hoping :)

dont force yourself dude bad is bad dont torture yourself with watching the whole thing, I mean I saw a couple episode its just annoying for my taste lead character singing and all i feel like i wanna slap him hahaha but for sure i would like to see some mechs made though in mac 7 i was just hoping for something else besides mac 7 if announced maybe frontier? :D lol i doubt it but still hoping :)

I watched about 5 mins of Dynamite 7. The cops were shooting at bandits and the guy ran up while they were shooting and was trying to make them listen to his song as he played guitar.... Ugg, couldnt watch anymore.

I watched about 5 mins of Dynamite 7. The cops were shooting at bandits and the guy ran up while they were shooting and was trying to make them listen to his song as he played guitar.... Ugg, couldnt watch anymore.

haha i feel you bro :)

I have not seen Macross 7 yet. Could I just watch Dynamite7 or do I have to watch the macross7 series first? I mean, is dynamite7 like a sequel? (I know, what kind of fan am I? I have seen SDFM, DYRL, macII, mac+, mac0, and frontier, just no mac7).

I'd say just watch Macross 7 first. It's really not as bad as some people let on. A bit repetitive in the first 12 episodes or so, then it gets a lot better until partway through the "Planet Lux" arch, and then it gets really good again before the arch ends. The recycled animation tends to be pretty bad, but the non-recycled animation, especially the character animation, is actually pretty good.

Come on guys piloting a valk and playing the guitar at the same time?!?!?! In allot of ways Macross 7 is a travesty and only, we with our Rose colored glasses, can justify to ourselves that it was "good". We are like Homer and the flying barbaqued pig. "It's still good! It's still good!" :lol: Too anyone else it's gone and clogging the drain pipe.

Marcoss 7 Pros

Valks

Music (although it does get fricken repetitive after awhile)

Max and Mira - they saved the show for me. I was more interested in what was happening with them than that f&$k-tard Basra! I mean Gamlin is more bad ass than him and he's supposed to be the weenie suitor we don't like.

Space colony concept

Battle Frontier

Some good space battles

Some good comedic moments

Max and Mira (yeah I said it again!)

Macross 7 Cons

EVERYTHING else. I mean there are quit a few parts in the series that are almost too hard to site through. It is truly only for Macross fans. I'm scared to show it to some people so I don't turn them off to anime!

Speaking of which (and to get back on topic) I wouldn't mind seeing some Proto-Devlin mecha. At least in the GNUs I bet they would sell well considering we're never likely to see Yamato to go to the expense of a 1/60 of them.

Edited by logos

I disagree, the fact that many, or even most, Macross fans on this board can't stand the show would indicate that the opposite is true.

I introduced a coworked of mine who had never seen any Macross, as recently as two weeks ago, and they particularly liked 7. Really, the only things I don't like are the cartoonish "sound beams" (the very same concept would be much more convincing without the visual aid), the designs of all the protodevlin (Gigil and Gepelnitch's human looks excluded), and to a much lesser extent Fire Bomber's "glam rock" outfits and Valkyries (Dynamite's character designs are much better, and it's much cooler seeing how Basara pilots Valks with an acoustic guitar in his lap rather than a silly guitar shaped flight stick).

I think what puts off most Macross fans, (in addition all that) is simply that the show places much more emphasis on characters and character development, and much less emphasis on the mecha action than any other Macross before or since. This is particularly notable in that character animation gets much better treatment than the action scenes, which have some painfully bad recycled animation. Even the original series, as poorly animated as it was at times, had some absolutely classic action sequences. I've always thought M7 would benefit more from a "DYRL treatment" than any other Macross series.

so any updates? did yamato officially announced the having the license for mac 7???

Seems like more of an assumption at this point. Since Yamato is making their Cluster-fracked sized SDF-1. Might as well make a Macross 7 while their at it!!!

First I'd like to see Yamato retire all the 1/48 molds.

Don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but I am hoping their next moves have to do with both acts of the Minmay Guards in the new 1/60 scale, a stand alone GBP-1S Armor set as well as a box set with Hikaru's VF-1J suited up in it; all in 1/60 of course.

Next, I'm hoping the next move is a special gift set of a stealth VF-1S with new matching GBP-1S armor in black and gray suited in the display box with lots of tampo printing; 1/60 scale of course.

Lastly, I'm hoping a possible move is a VF-1J in the LV1 color scheme as a special gift set with the urban cammo GBP-1S armor suited in the display box with lots of tampo printing; 1/60 scale of course.

If all this came to pass I'd be happier than a sissy with a bag of ___________!

:D

Bite your tongue. Retire the 1/48s? Permission to shoot this sissy SOB. :p If they were wrap it up on the 1/48s, I want the 2 acts of the minmay guards to end this line with a bang. As for the 1/60s, I will be done with it after I get the 2 seaters unless they get a Roy TV version.

Bite your tongue. Retire the 1/48s? Permission to shoot this sissy SOB. :p If they were wrap it up on the 1/48s, I want the 2 acts of the minmay guards to end this line with a bang. As for the 1/60s, I will be done with it after I get the 2 seaters unless they get a Roy TV version.

Permission denied! :ph34r: Anywho, I guess it's kind of a selfish thing for me. The 1/48's have charm and nostalgia. Since I got in the collecting game late I'm hoping to have something in my collection that's nostalgic that will become desirable over time. These new 1/60's I doubt will ever have the charm and nostalgia of the 1/48's. Lord knows I'm a diehard 1/48 lover, but I would like to see the mold retired since Yamato seems to be focusing on the smaller scale. Now if they did go out with a bang and release the 2 acts of the Minmay guards, you can bet your sweet sissy ass I'll be all over them like smokestack lightning! :blink:

I did not know where to put this.. then i thinked "this is an interesting move from Yamato!" so I decided to put it here...

what the hell this mean!???! are all of we going to eat some Giant TUNA!?

hahahaha :p

post-2094-1242164393_thumb.jpg

post-2094-1242164968_thumb.jpg

Edited by Priss!

I did not know where to put this.. then i thinked "this is an interesting move from Yamato!" so I decided to put it here...

I think it means that they have way too much free time on their hands...

post-2094-1242164393_thumb.jpg

post-2094-1242164968_thumb.jpg

They are not the first one doing this...

They might release this BIG FISH figure with the upcoming SDF1. :lol:

post-10429-1242183784_thumb.jpg

The my line ended with a bang 3 times over long time ago...lol.. but I will continue with the 1/48 line!

Then my line ended with a bang 3 times over long time ago...lol.. but I will continue with the 1/48 line!