Armored Soldier Valkyrion

Einherjar

looks like an RPG with a comic tie in.

the art looks decent, not great but decent. overall looks fairly genaric, and I don't see what this has to do with Robotech.

and whats with the alien Mech pilots being naked?

Yep.

And yes, he is indeed the writer and creator of Valkyrion.

Other than that, I have no idea what to say about this. It doesn't look very appealing.

So the guy remembered for pieing a comic book artist and current leader of a franchise is trying to get into the comic book industry himself. How ironic.

So the guy remembered for pieing a comic book artist and current leader of a franchise is trying to get into the comic book industry himself. How ironic.

I dunno, I have no problem with that. At the very least, it's a much more constructive hobby.

He's a member here, though (although I don't think he's posted in a very long time), so we probably shouldn't say anything TOO bad about him... :unsure:

Wasn't there some other Japanese anime with naked pilots?

Pete

there were several. I watching one when I was like 12 or 14. the only think I remember was that all the pilots were naked. and one mech had a weapon where if you shoot it at an enemy, the enemy becomes a weapon to use on other enemies and so on and so forth indefinitely or something like that.

"VALKYRION: Humanoid tanks armed with guns and missiles marching into war as extensions of the soldiers' soul"

:blink:

"In the year 993 of the Earthian Century, a gigantic alien satellite fell to Earth, and with its mass, delivered a new age of technology to the people of the blue planet. Researchers, scientists, and engineers from around the globe united as one to uncover the secrets of the vessel, and it was not long before the world itself was changed forever..."

Yes...very original...

"VALKYRION: Humanoid tanks armed with guns and missiles marching into war as extensions of the soldiers' soul"

:blink:

"In the year 993 of the Earthian Century, a gigantic alien satellite fell to Earth, and with its mass, delivered a new age of technology to the people of the blue planet. Researchers, scientists, and engineers from around the globe united as one to uncover the secrets of the vessel, and it was not long before the world itself was changed forever..."

Yes...very original...

These days "original" is a precious commodity. Everytime I want to make an original fan-fiction, it always became a plagiarisms of something else.

Humanity developed a new defense system, Earthnet using advanced alien technologies, but when Earthnet determined humanity was a danger to everyone it mobilized against its creators nearly wiping them out in a nuclear holocaust. Rebel bands of humans, led by one unifying great leader, rallied against Earthnet and threatened its grasp. That is, until Earthnet developed prototype technology and sent a humanoid cyborg back in time to kill that leader's mother and prevent his birth. Fortunately, humanity was able to send one human back to attempt to defeat that cyborg before destroying Earthnet's prototype machine.

Back in the past, the human resistance fighter was severely beaten. Fortunately, one of the scientists who would some day work on the crashed satellite was able to restore the human resistance fighter by giving him a largely robotic body. This man, now known as Robosherrif, defeated Earthnet's cyborg and impregnated the woman it had been sent to destroy thus causing a time paradox that shall never be discussed.

Edited by jenius

Humanity developed a new defense system, Earthnet using advanced alien technologies, but when Earthnet determined humanity was a danger to everyone it mobilized against its creators nearly wiping them out in a nuclear holocaust. Rebel bands of humans, led by one unifying great leader, rallied against Earthnet and threatened its grasp. That is, until Earthnet developed prototype technology and sent a humanoid cyborg back in time to kill that leader's mother and prevent his birth. Fortunately, humanity was able to send one human back to attempt to defeat that cyborg before destroying Earthnet's prototype machine.

Back in the past, the human resistance fighter was severely beaten. Fortunately, one of the scientists who would some day work on the crashed satellite was able to restore the human resistance fighter by giving him a largely robotic body. This man, now known as Robosherrif, defeated Earthnet's cyborg and impregnated the woman it had been sent to destroy thus causing a time paradox that shall never be discussed.

Sorry, but it really just sounds like someone put different words into a Gundam mad-libs.

And then made up a few big words to sound intelligent (unionistic?).

Vostok 7

"It is a grim future, with lots of explosions and partial nudity..."

Sorry, but it really just sounds like someone put different words into a Gundam mad-libs.

And then made up a few big words to sound intelligent (unionistic?).

Vostok 7

Did you seriously just ignore my blatant ripping off of Terminator and Robocop and say it sounded like Gundam? I've never watched a single episode of Gundam but I'm hoping it's a bit more unique than that.

Did you seriously just ignore my blatant ripping off of Terminator and Robocop and say it sounded like Gundam? I've never watched a single episode of Gundam but I'm hoping it's a bit more unique than that.

Pretty sure he meant the full complete introduction here http://www.doukeshi.net/valkyrion/introduction.htm . Take out the alien factor and it sounds like gundam (robots built for space construction become the new weapons of the future Earth Gov't has to fight power wanting indepdendence)... that's Gundam then throw in the Macross/Robotech derviving stuff from crashed alien space ship then aliens arrive later.

yawn. Wake me when it's over.

Edited by lord_breetai

Pretty sure he meant the full complete introduction here http://www.doukeshi.net/valkyrion/introduction.htm . Take out the alien factor and it sounds like gundam (robots built for space destruction become the new weapons of the future Earth Gov't has to fight power wanting indepdendence)... that's Gundam then throw in the Macross/Robotech derviving stuff from crashed alien space ship then aliens arrive later.

yawn. Wake me when it's over.

Ah, thanks for clarifying, I was confused by the quote.