Shin's NEW MAcross Zero INfo thread 2.0

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

ok guys i am back with more speculation than ever!! or maybe not., Anyways///

It seems that almost every japanese mag with macross 0 coverage LOVES the VF-0D.

What could this mean? Instead of the regular Vf-0s...we could in fact be getting the Vf-0D toy from yamato FIRST!!

of all the things that could ever be made into 1/48 scale this woul have to be a FOR SURE to me!!!

Its gotten more coverage and hype than the VF-0S!!

Yamato supposedly said at tokyo toyfest that we would see something SOON. Hmm..

I guess septermber we will get at least SOMETHJING.

Graham also said he was told someinfo by yamato. So when will he be able to greenlight it?

lets se..

last time he and the yamato peeps got drunk and talked about macross he got in trouble for saying too much in his report.

at that point the timeframe was like this.

saturday-go to dinner ask about toys

mopnday-report everything

tuesday-add what he forgot

for now i think it will be like this

saturday august something-go to dinner again and ask info

monday-acknowledge that i got info but cant say everything

fast forward to septermber something-reveal tid bits every now and then

spo yes folks i think septermbers is our month.

I also think something will be out in september liek a prototype in order to build upon the hype of episode 3 this autumn

Lightning 06 @ Posted on Aug 23 2003, 05:49 PM

shin....u think waaaaay too much about this....

I like people who think waaaaay too much about this sort of stuff it makes for an interesting read and some fun speculation.

Oh and just to add to the fire, I think Yamoto will release a VF-0D in 1/48 scale for the 30th anniversary of Macross. Crazy thought I know but it would sort of be fitting in a way.......... ;). Although I'm not too sure how.

Edited by Comicbookheros

I like people who think waaaaay too much about this sort of stuff it makes for an interesting read and some fun speculation.

True, but put it all in one thread

oh and just to add to the fire, I think Yamoto will release a VF-0D in 1/48 scale for the 30th anniversary of Macross. Crazy thought I know but it would sort of be fitting in a way.......... ;). Although I'm not too sure how.

My guess is that they'll release the VF-4 in 2013 for the

Macross Flasback anniversary

heh

Edited by Nightbat®

Nightbat® Posted on Aug 23 2003, 06:30 PM

My guess is that they'll release the VF-4 in 2013 for the

Macross Flasback anniversary

heh

I likes the way yous be thinking :lol:

I'm still hoping that these parts make it into AC4. You can almost make it in AC3SL, but there aren't any gatling arms.

I doubt it. The head isn't very AC like... and neither is that weird white tube on its back.

I know, but the white thing could conciveably be a radar part, and seeing as how Kawamori is the designer for AC, it seems like he'd do what he did way back and put in a destroid or two.

It would be horrendous if Yamato decided to release Shin VF-0D first . Why? because every first toy in a new line is the worst , I would be glad if they released it after the A and S variants so that they have time to really really improve the design by the time they release a VF-0D...

And I wouldn´t be so optimistic about hearing anything anytime soon. In the meantime we can wait for the YF-19 FP :lol:

The chances of the VF0D to be released first are pretty good. If Macross Zero isn't very popular in Japan, I don't see why yamato wouldn't want to release the main character fighter first.

Sure the VF0S is one heck of a hunky fighter..... but the VF0D is still the main character fighter.

It would be horrendous if Yamato decided to release Shin VF-0D first . Why? because every first toy in a new line is the worst , I would be glad if they released it  after the A and S variants so that they have time to really really improve the design by the time they release a VF-0D...

And I wouldn´t be so optimistic about hearing anything anytime soon. In the meantime we can wait for the YF-19 FP  :lol:

I think the same way.

In the 1/48 line. Poor Hikaru and Roy. :angry:

But am sure glad that Hikaru Strike is on his way! And hopefully we get the improvements with it EXCLUDING the panel lines (it would be inconsistent for the other DYRL? valks). I really hope. Because, remember the 1/60 VF-1D, it has the "L" shaped grove on its forearm for the early version of the gunpod even if the collapsible version was already available during its release.

Edited by Bub

IIRC, Graham said we should wait until Spring to see all the "cool stuff" planned for Macross with Yamato.

that's a long ways away...

Precisely. That's why I'm not getting overly excited about new Macross stuff. I've got enough trouble trying to keep up with what already HAS been released.. heh.

I'm still torn on whether to get two sets of FP armor or the Elint and Super-O... hrm.

Because, remember the 1/60 VF-1D, it has the "L" shaped grove on its forearm for the early version of the gunpod even if the collapsible version was already available during its release.

What are you talking about?

The 1/60 VF-1D had the small slot on it's arm for the collapsable gunpod, not the larger 'L' shape slot.

Grahambattroid2.jpg

Everybody's seen this already, right?

That´s the version I mostly wanna see. But as a grey VF-0A cannon fodder. And of course Roy´s VF-0S type.

I DO wanna see the VF-0D as a first release so they prove any issues on it since I like the S and A types better.

That´s just me :lol:

Everybody's seen this already, right?

That´s the version I mostly wanna see. But as a grey VF-0A cannon fodder. And of course Roy´s VF-0S type.

I DO wanna see the VF-0D as a first release so they prove any issues on it since I like the S and A types better.

That´s just me :lol:

yeah , from what we´ve seen so far in the OVAs we should expect at least the following variants:

-VF-0A cannon fodder

-VF-0S Roy

-VF-0D cannon fodder

-VF-0D Shin variant

-SV-51 cannon fodder

-SV-51 Nora variant

-SV-51 DD variant

-SV-52 ?

That´s a lot of toys , Yamato could release all the cannon fodder variants first and then the characters variants.

a friend of mine said they'll probably put the vf-1a (in low-vis colors) during the last couple episodes of macross zero....i dunno if it's true or now....i just heard it from him :)

Until I actually see it, I'm inclined to think otherwise. The VF-1 low viz was probably never slated to make an appearance. It's existance is based solely upon a custom created by someone who bought the 1/48 toy. However, if one person's custom toy can influence both a toy line AND an anime ova series, I'll be pleasently surprised.

a friend of mine said they'll probably put the vf-1a (in low-vis colors) during the last couple episodes of macross zero....i dunno if it's true or now....i just heard it from him :)

Until I actually see it, I'm inclined to think otherwise. The VF-1 low viz was probably never slated to make an appearance. It's existance is based solely upon a custom created by someone who bought the 1/48 toy. However, if one person's custom toy can influence both a toy line AND an anime ova series, I'll be pleasently surprised.

It´s a nice dream but I seriously doubt so , but if it happens then you can be sure as hell there´ll be a customiser in Japan screaming like a School Girl in a Boys Band´s concert ;)

In any case , Kawamori should definitively include the VF-1 in the later episodes or at the very least in Ep.5,independently of its colour scheme (Go Bulky Lee Go !)