Dallasites Unite!

If LAFToys gets the DX VF-25 toys, they shall have my business immediately. They're always out of FlexiDisplay stands whenever I check the site though, I must have the worst luck!

LAFToys? Never heard of them... Where are they located?

Speaking of Macross toys, the closest thing to them that the local HobbyTown USA has is 3 Alphas...

They don't even have FlexiDisplays, or even Bandai stands.. Grr...

I believe I saw those exact few Alphas (Aoshima, I think?) at Hobbytown USA last time I was out that way for a book signing :) Are they all the green version? This is in the little mini-mall right across from like, Toys R Us and the big mall, right?

LAFToys = Lost [And] Found Toys, www.laftoys.com

Should have all their info like address, etc on the website... sad thing is, even with gas being cheap it's probably still more economical for me to have stuff shipped from there just because of the commute! Not to mention risking my life in DFW traffic...

Should have all their info like address, etc on the website... sad thing is, even with gas being cheap it's probably still more economical for me to have stuff shipped from there just because of the commute! Not to mention risking my life in DFW traffic...

I believe Lost & Found Toys is an online store, only. Member Los (a.k.a. Carlos) = laftoys.com.

I believe I saw those exact few Alphas (Aoshima, I think?) at Hobbytown USA last time I was out that way for a book signing :) Are they all the green version? This is in the little mini-mall right across from like, Toys R Us and the big mall, right?

It's at a strip mall across Cooper Street from the Parks Mall in Arlington. Right next to I-20. There's a Toys 'R' Us across the street a ways. That it?

And I know they've got 2 greens and 1 red...

• 2 weeks later...

A few years ago I would have been your neighbor. I used to live in the DFW area, and I still have my house that I now rent in Frisco. Went to UTA for graduate school then worked there for several years. I lived in Grand Prairie, Arlington, Coppell, and Frisco until I finally moved to Atlanta 3 years ago, but I still consider myself a Texan born and raised. I miss living there. :( IMHO it was much easier to find anime stuff and the theater scene is much better. I would regularly find some sort of anime playing in a theater in the Dallas area. I know exactly where you are referring when you describe where LAFToys is located. :D

Hey, Dio, you got any plans for A-Kon 09? I'm gonna cosplay Focker. :)

I've been toying with the idea for the last year or so... not sure if I could handle the culture shock or not! :) Been so long since I watched any anime other than Macross, I'm probably well out of the loop when it comes to that stuff. Who knows, it might be worth it, any chance of picking up any Macross toys there?

I've been toying with the idea for the last year or so... not sure if I could handle the culture shock or not! :) Been so long since I watched any anime other than Macross, I'm probably well out of the loop when it comes to that stuff. Who knows, it might be worth it, any chance of picking up any Macross toys there?

Probably no chance of getting Macross toys there... Though, you never know...

"Trans? Y-yakk! YAKK DECULTURE!"

-Dio upon arrival at A-Kon

Sharky, you say you lived in Arlington. Did you ever visit the Anime Store? I'm pissed off because about 2 years ago, it was closed... That was the only place I could ever find anime goods.... Right there on Oklahoma street... GRR!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
dont forget to take pictures please

Never forget to take pictures... Wait... Aren't you from Chicago?

So, at this point, I'd hope everyone knows the famous Vic Mignona line, "Colonel Mustang is dead sexy... IN A MINI-SKIRT!"

I will get him to say a Macross Variant: "Major Focker is dead sexy... WITH A HANGOVER!"

It's funny because both are Roys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...