MAC AUS CON 09' - BRISBANE! '.. it's official!&#39

Awesome thanks Neo!!! yeah that's mega easy with the e-mail remittance huh! lol

Thanks Again mate!

Anything members stateside who are unable to attend can do to help raise funds? Last year's con sold tickets for $5 each for a chance to win the Mikimoto sketch to help cover last minute expenses. If enough members here could make a $5 donation I'm sure that might help. Would be great to have more people attend, but the extra funds might help also.

If you guys decide to solicit funds from members here don't hesitate to hit me up.

I'd be willing to help you down under guys have a successful con. What do you say MacrossWorld? How about we lend these blokes a helping hand?

We are looking for ways to try and make the difference in cost for the theatre for the 12 hour marathon. A possible revenue raiser for the con: I am offering 2 x CD's cram packed full of Macross (including Miss DJ, Minmei Vocal collection and background music from the TV series and DYRL), Macross 7, Macross Plus, Sharon Apple, Megazone 23, Mospeada, Southern Cross, Robotech, Robotech Shadow Chronicles, Evangelion + a couple of other anime titles that will also feature images CD's. The CD's will be supplied to Matt and he will take payments as a donation per CD. These CD's will be offered on both Saturday and Sunday.

The images that are being used on the CD face belong to POLIDREAD. The images are also sharper than what is featured as Gifs and look great on the CD face.

post-9215-1241914770_thumb.gif

post-9215-1241914954_thumb.gif

Edited by shazam

G'day MacrossMan, nice surprise you showed up here mate thanks very much for your thoughts!!

We are in the procss of designing special mac aus con cd's which will include con exclusive stuff, details will be made known just before or just after the con. :D

Thanks man. I'll keep everyone updated.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

We are looking for ways to try and make the difference in cost for the theatre for the 12 hour marathon. A possible revenue raiser for the con: I am offering 2 x CD's cram packed full of Macross (including Miss DJ, Minmei Vocal collection and background music from the TV series and DYRL), Macross 7, Macross Plus, Sharon Apple, Megazone 23, Mospeada, Southern Cross, Robotech, Robotech Shadow Chronicles, Evangelion + a couple of other anime titles that will also feature images CD's. The CD's will be supplied to Matt and he will take payments as a donation per CD. These CD's will be offered on both Saturday and Sunday.

The images that are being used on the CD face belong to POLIDREAD. The images are also sharper than what is featured as Gifs and look great on the CD face.

These look fantastic!!!!! bravo Shazzam man!!!

Thankyou so much for your kindness and support for the con mate, you make us extremely proud to be involved with our con!!

Well one week out from the con and us guys on the board and the attendees who have paid are very disapointed in the turn out for this even. Matt has spent a lot of time and effort to bring this con to us, I have while Matts at work spent 24/7 emailing people putting up posters organising and planning as well as trying to build customs and get kits finished for others to show at the convention. Not to leave Shazam out who has also put in a lot of hours.

We have been given great prizes and give aways for everybody which took a lot of time and effort on or sponsors behalf. This has been planned for over six months and still we are sitting on 10 people who are comming WTF, we even have some US members offering to prop up the con to help with the overheads that we could be left with and all because a lot of you Aussie fans are really quite p!ss poor.

Fair enough that some members had to pull out due to loss of work, newborns and that's cool life comes first, but I beleave there is a lot more of you out there that just can't be bothered or think you may not fit in as maybe your not quite as full on a fan as some, but thats a pretty lame reason. Out of 22 seats to book out they should have all been filled months ago and yet we have 12 seats still to fill, not good IMO.

This year will be the only 12 hour movie marathon so you will be missing a great 12 hours of Macross, Revoltechs give aways, momentoes, piss and more and this is all for $107.00 which is not that much when you consider what it costs to hire a theater. At this point I'd like to say thank you to all who are attending as some of you are comming from interstate, like PeterB and Sonic all the way from SA only 8 days from returning from his honeymoon (Big Congrats to Sonic and we hope he has a life time of Happiness). So it seems to put quite a few fans to shame.

The con will go on with or with out the support of Aussie fans, and the fact that or US buddies are willing to help shows how slack you's (you know who you are) really are. So BIG BIG thanks to MacrossMan for his offer it is very generous and sadly due to the lack of Aussie support it may be needed.

So come on Australia pull your head out you a$$ and get your self a seat an show your support for the effort that has been put in......as it's all for you the Fans........we can't do any more now it's all you! :angry:

f*ck ,damn my constricting job. man i wish i could attend,I really would like to help you guys out and actually be there to enjoy it, but for those that are going and the effort put into the event,i wish all the best and hopefully more will show up from seeing the posters around bris. all the best,for macross.

Im in the process of applying for a new airline job that hasnt got weekend work so,i hope to the gods there is another next year becuase i wont have anything to hold me back from coming.

good luck fellas

Thanks guys for your posts and showing your support. I haven't heard from Matt today as he is having dramma's with his internet but I'm sure he'll be delighted with the responce of support and as a board member myself I would like to say thanks also. :)

Yeah guys awesome effort, thanks very much for rallying up the support!

Yep intenet is being a bitch, off and on so just keep in the mind Mac Aus Con 09' will go on, but wih the overheads, we gotta think what else we can do to kill it off.

I can't afford to foot it all, that f'n useless magazine add did us no good at all, 150 down, which would have been better use to the overhead (cinema cost)

live and learn! lol I got a little one on the way, so that's another reason why i gotta be tight.

And instead of two cakes it's only going to be one! That's a tragedy! LOL.

Surely you Brisbane locals have friends who might have some interest for showing up at a discounted rate?

How about it -

If you can find a mate to come, one time - 30 bucks off your ticket price, and if you have

already paid, you get another free Revoltech of your choice being the cost of

Revoltech figures at our Mac Aus Con 09' shop :) Contact me for the discounted price.

If so please e-mail me - vf1custom@lve.com.au till late monday, and early tuesday onwards till early Thursday - mlove@curragh.com.au

Thanks eveyone again for the awesome support!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

RuskiiVF, sorry man but I am going to have to cancel. I have just gotten home after a month deployed and have some catching up to do WRT house that my wife and I are building. The work thing was a bit of a shaft and I looked at trying to squeeze it in ut its a no go go - sorry man.

I was really looking forward to it as well, but I hope the rest of you guys have a great time.

Cheers,

Berttt

I could try asking guys down here, but i think its to late for most now. with only a week to go, they'd be lucky....

She's cool mate. anything you can do would be awesome mate. :D

Got a few more hopefuls by the way guys! so that will surely help us out! :)

Just got on, and it's encouraging to see people coming in late for reservations which means the con is getting stronger! ^_^

Our sponsors would be happy with the support so far.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Sucks to hear Berttt. From the sounds of your email, it was a foregone conclusion. Nothing like a deployment to get in the way :p

Well I've finished painting the Glaug. The last few pieces have just been glued on, and in about 20 minutes she'll receive the first coat of Future. I'm a little surprised (read: disappointed) by Bandai's scaling of the kit - the cockpit module seems quite small and would have a hard time fitting a soldier inside, even Zentraedi sardine style.

Tuesday: decals, hopefully add another coat of Future afterward

Wednesday: touch-ups, final decals, hopefully final Future coat

Thursday: panel lines, weathering, dullcote

Friday: ???

Saturday: profit

How are you other modelling lads faring? You're also finding seam lines you thought you cleaned up? :)

hhaha sounds like you got it all worked out Cowie mate!!! awesome!! am pretty sure both PetarB and Warpaint22 are working just as hard as ya till just before the Saturday.

It should be understood you guys are the main show!!

i wanna see plenty of pics!

We promise!! :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

All of frantic model assembly and finishing touches has got me looking forward to everyone's displays. I am going to be taking plenty of photos myself.

I read through all your emails today. I will buy the MACROSS GOLD BOOK from you to help ease the financial side of the con. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=747997 Please bring it with you and I will give you the money ($250) for it when I see you.

All of the MP3 CD's are ready (10 of the Macross MP3s and 10 of the Anime MP3s) with the images on the face printed plus the CD's are housed in their own covers. Do not worry about paying for the printing, it is on me. I am working on the Macross Digital Mission VFX Game for the con. It is Macross Digital Mission VFX #I only (forgot to state that I did not have #2) and there will only be 5 copies available to anyone wanting them. All of the other games will be supplied to those that have paid for the 12 hour marathon on the Saturday and bring their laptop and/or hardrive with them.

Please don't postpone the con. Keep it as it has been intended. I think we will scrape through with the money needed even if we don't have the numbers required. For everyone that has put in the time, effort and money deserve to have a great con. We have been looking forward to this for over six months, so let's do this thing.

Edited by shazam

Tuesday: decals, hopefully add another coat of Future afterward

Wednesday: touch-ups, final decals, hopefully final Future coat

Thursday: panel lines, weathering, dullcote

Friday: ???

Saturday: profit

Borat style: "NIIIIIIICE!"

I'm in a similar situation. Doesn't help that this has been the busiest week of work this year....!

Firstly some good news; Ben Burns from the Regent (Birch Carroll & Coyle) in Brisbane has lowered the cost of the theatre to

$1000. So everyone that has paid for their tickets has secured the con. A BIG thanks to Ben.

The Macross Digital Mission VFX 1 game will also come with a cheat disk. Disk face pictured below.

post-9215-1242195954_thumb.gif

Borat style: "NIIIIIIICE!"

I'm in a similar situation. Doesn't help that this has been the busiest week of work this year....!

If you're entering your Commanchero on Saturday, and someone swaps it out and changes your entry to a GI Joe helicopter with "un spacy" written in black marker down the side, it wasn't me, ok? ;)

I saw your recent pics in your thread Petar - wow. Looking VERY good. I hope there's room for a few more PetarB kits to come visit Brisbane. I'd love to see your VF-4.

Mark

Well only a couple of days out...rushing now to finish my main custom for the con, been a massive project to do to get it ready.......

Are we all getting excited now or what!.....lol

See all us modelers are keeping our models at "Top Secret" status which will make they day a lot more fun.

Saw your cammo scheme on that Commanchero PeterB nice work looking awesome, hope it's making it's way to the con. :)

And I'm very curious about your custom cowie, looking forward to seeing what you have done.

We'll I'll be getting everything ready today and Friday to bring up, all my gear the prizes and give-aways so going to be a busy couple of days.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the con!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Erm...

Do we actually have a timetable for the 'con? You know, when does it start/end on Saturday/Sunday?

The Macross Marathon starts at 10.00 am and goes to 10.00 pm Saturday the 16th. I guess we will be meeting up about an hour before to set up displays before everything starts. We are going to have a walk-through on Friday evening to see where we can put everything.

I will state there are now even more prizes heading for this weekends con. Matt will give everyone the chance to bring home something. It may be the case of pick and choose. All will be revealed on Saturday.

my flight leaves at 9 Friday so I probably wont be to my hotel till 11 or so. Ill just meet u guys in the morning.

can someone PM me some mobile numbers just in case?

Oh, and I told Matt id have to pay my entry fee on Saturday, i dont get paid till Friday night.

Im bring a couple of cusstoms, but nothing major. Ill also try and bring my new 11B for those who havent seen it :)

All paid up a couple of days ago.

I will be arriving in Brisbane around 9am on Saturday so I probably won't get to the con until at least 10am. Leaving Bribane on Sunday morning.

I hope there's a decent place to get a drink nearby... or on location!!! After the week I've had, I'll bloody well need one...

...running out of time on the Commanchero. I can't believe I haven't finished it yet, and in two nights I have to pack it.

Just an update about starting times for the Marathon. The start time will be around 9.30 am and finish up around 9.00 pm with drinks after the event. Sundays event will be decided on Saturday among attendees.

Neoculture, Matt and I will be in the city around 3.00 pm on Friday. You can meet up with Matt a bit earlier if needed at around 10.00 am when he hands over the DVD's to the projectionist. You can email Matt @ mlove@curragh.com.au or vf1custom@live.com.au