MAC AUS CON 09' - BRISBANE! '.. it's official!&#39

It's good to see we are a week closer, excitement getting bigger every week. Most productive week and a lot of hard work BIG THANKS RUSKII, we seem to be attracting some great sponsors, this con is going to rock. We haven't finished yet either and I would bet on a few more sponsors before the con date!

Big thanks to Sonic ( Sonic IT) for the work going into the flyer/add for us.

post-5632-1236337903_thumb.jpg

Edited by warpaint22

gallery_3118_280_16378.jpg

running out of image space on first post, so i placed all our wonderful sponsors in one image! :D

edit -

* there should be a march or april issue mac aus con announcement with a popular aussie Anime magazine

* two new sponsors

* hopefully two or three seats will be snapped up by members here and outside of the forum, all this for next week! more later, great effort and support everyone!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Awesome news!!!!!! :)

What, a category 4 or 5 Cyclone / Hurricane? XD :lol: is Cyclone even on this forum... can;t remember what his user name is... from RT forum right?

PETERB mate~!!!!! Cool you dropped in! If you fly it's a little something special for the con ain't it? Won't need to find a park too! Whole day event too to keep in mind (parking).

You got a custom planned mate besides your awesome figures? i want their to be a vf custom modelling comp, with 1st 2nd 3rd prizes, so no one goes empty handed, all for fun of course!

Warpaint22 has something prettY damn cool in store i'm sure, also i'm positive the modelling section of diplays at the con will leave everything else for dead!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Really looking forwards to this. Still can't decide if I will drive or fly up.

Great to hear PeterB, I would say fly if you can as parking sucks in Brisbane and can be expensive. Depends on how much stuff your bringing I guess. Ruskii will have to swim down I think...lol. :p

Looking forward to seeing some of your masterful models PeterB, can't wait...we should have a good model showing. :)

Great to hear PeterB, I would say fly if you can as parking sucks in Brisbane and can be expensive. Depends on how much stuff your bringing I guess. Ruskii will have to swim down I think...lol. :p

Looking forward to seeing some of your masterful models PeterB, can't wait...we should have a good model showing. :)

Hasn't hit us yet lol, it was going to be a maximum category 5, but now they reckon cat 4, oh that's not going to help much seeing that Cyclone Tracy was cat 3...... (me bit north of Yeppoon)

gallery_3118_280_1769.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyclone_Tracy - of course housing regulations have put a stop to those paper like built houses back then, so we should be good. But still!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

This just in!

We have a new fancy sponsor! -

http://www.shadowdalecreations.com - gallery_3118_280_4499.pngLive Your Fantasy!

Shadow Dale Creations have graciously offered their services in the form of sponsorship of this years MAC AUS CON! They are a cosplayer's DREAM.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

This just in!

We have a new fancy sponsor! -

http://www.shadowdalecreations.com - gallery_3118_280_4499.pngLive Your Fantasy!

Shadow Dale Creations have graciously offered their services in the form of sponsorship of this years MAC AUS CON! They are a cosplayer's DREAM.

Matt,

I passed over my SOB's cousins wedding and will still be attending MAC AUS CON 09'. All the details have been sent to you via email.

More great news for the con we have another sponsor. This is awesome news as we seem to be attracting a lot of attention for a first con.

69403314.gif

"Arraghh! Cor' Blimey! That's just f'n awesome!!!". :lol:

ryzuivariablefinishbm.jpg

Ryzui Variable, a "Macross" related sponsor! , will be striving to make Mac Aus Con 09 extremely successful and will push to achieve her maximum

potential in various, variable ways, to the best of Ryzui Variable’s ability. Ryzui Variable consists of hardcore fandom and is wanting to punch in

all it's efforts to bring Macross Fans the most spectacular experience

The sponsor has expressed it's love for Macross in all forms, and asks if each member could support the con by attending

the Saturday, only so many seats to be filled, but very important that they are reserved, we need everyone to pitch in to make this con successful, remember it's made for YOU fans!.

Ryzui variable wishes to thank all who are helping with the con's preparations! Lookiing forward to May, Macross Rules.

Long Live Culture!

Edited by warpaint22

I will try my best to make it to the con.

I will tell the wife i will not be able to have the wedding coz i have to headover to join my macross fans.

:)

It will be awesome, makes me want to pack my bags now and my Macross models too.

Not a problem. Its not all about the movie marathon.

I can't work out to stay a few days before the con and leave soon after, or come just before the con and leave a week later.

Ruskii,

Can I join you guys even if I'm not joining the movie marathon?

I'll bring my chunky along with my joke machine.

Too right~! There is a period between viewings (we are hoping 30 mins but it's not decided) which will be a short open period for the public.

This period will be for the cosplay tourneys (for ticket holders who will cosplay), which we will be using the hall area, beautiful surroundings/stairs and a MAF (PSP Macross Ace Frontier) match.

Actual displays will be shut off from the public, as it's up stairs (locked), and during the open period we will all be downstairs.

The amount of stuff on show will b up around the TENS of THOUSANDS of Dollars. We need to keep it locked. With big bouncers/security measures. It will be TIGHT.

As you should know, the tickets cost should be viewed as a two in one deal.

Half of it is hiring the venue and checking out con exclusive customs and RARES, and the other half is the 12 hour marathon.

How much do you pay to see a hollywood lacklustre movie? 15 bucks for 2 hours? This is MACROSS man, @ 12 hours. How much does it cost to go to the Supernova?

When you go up that elevator exclusive ONLY to Mac Aus Con 09 members your going to assured to react just like JIM -

69403314.gif The reaction wil be priceless!!!

107 bucks doesn't sound so bad does it when you break it down? It's like the holiday you've always pined for as a bloke, who's really into Macross. The Ultimate day off.

This is a non-profit con, no one is making money out of this, and i have already reached into my own pocket for an un-disclosed amount, but people in the know know what it was for.

I'll bleed for this con if i have to. LOL. Warpaint22, Shazzam, Cowie, PetarB, Gtmishima, Sonic, , Kensei and our internationalists POLIDREAD, our sponsors! All believe in MAC AUS CON.

I don't understand, why the tickets haven't been snapped up already, i'm a little dissapointed to be honest thatwe haven't got all the seats filled by members here.

The value of the ticket is damn good. The con is getting bigger and bigger and people are still humming and harring? Support the con guys!

Look at all our sponsors?? The effort put in by members, people want this con to be huge, fans giving it their all for FANS. :D

btw add in Animavericks is going in their March issue. Awesome!!

Sonic!!! YOUR POSTER IS F'N AWESOME. It's guys like you which make me proud to be a Macross fan! We are so lucky to have you! Thankyou!

More news later, i'm busy. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

69403314.gif <-- our 2nd mascot (NEXT TO POLIDREAD'S SHEILA!), we'll call him umm... JIM. LOL

JIM :- "ARRGHA! Cor!! THIS IS KILLER SWE3T MATES!!!!!!"

hljbanner.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT! H L J . C O M is comin to our party!!! : D

Thankyou HLJ.com for your awesome gesture in sponsoring us!!

WOW :D

Show your support everyone please!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

hljbanner.jpg

THAT'S RIGHT! H L J . C O M is comin to our party!!! : D

Thankyou HLJ.com for your awesome gesture in sponsoring us!!

WOW :D

Show your support everyone please!

A W E S O M E ! ! ! A W E S O M E ! ! ! A W E S O M E ! ! ! That is an awesome sponsor. Way to go Hobby Link Japan. We can't thank you enough. All of the sponsors are helping make the con as special as it needs to be. The sponsorship is greatly appreciated.

Everyone who nominated to attend please show you support. You never know what other sponsors may jump on board. :)

We have Overdrive! HLJ.com! Kirin Anime! SOnic Graphic Designs! Animavericks! Ryzui Variable!! Mecha Solutions Australia! AN MORE! Individual support as well don't forget!

Posters are going up next weekend! (actually thursday lol) local sponsors are a certainty.

BUT WHAT WE REALLY NEED IS SEATS BOOKED YOU GOOD PEOPLE! WE beg yas! Support the CON that will BEST any MACROSS ONLY RELATED CON EVER BEFORE! I/WE PROMISE.

There are 5 of u guys out there saying you are comiing but haven't re-confirmed yet, it will mean everything if you could re-confirm. :p

We will make everyone the world over notice us! Be it exclusive never done before customs, mods, never before seen cels, massive collections, CoSPLAY! ENTHUSIASM AUSSIE STYLE!!

You guys got to realise what this con's sucess means to us personally,

people are revitalised by the prospect of MAC AUS CON, it changes attitude and gives people a big thing to look forward to! The world has alot of sh!t going on

but come MAY time we are going to P A R T Y . Need i remind yas of all the prizes and gifts for just showing up?? Our awesome Sponsors are making sure of that!

LONG LIVE MAC AUS CON MATES!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Jim is cool. Where the heck did you find him?

Sonic, your poster is amazing.

Don't forget everyone that Mac Aus Con goes over 2 days. Saturday is the 12 hour marathon. Sunday is a get together which will include a swap meet. If you cannot attend on Saturday, but want to attend on the Sunday please show your intentions. You can post here on the boards or email Matt which is listed within the Mac Aus Con 09 thread. The swap meet with consist of models, toys, video games and dvd's on offer.

Edited by shazam

Jim is cool. Where the heck did you find him?

Sonic, your poster is amazing.

hahah JIM is the MAN. Actually i found him via a gif pic google search lol he's so awesome! XD

Thanks for posting cowie :D Hey thanks Shazzam! You know i don't need to be the sole contactable, you can contact any of the con board members here!

Be it Shazzam, Warpaint22 or anyone! we're all super nice guys, if you have any questions don't hestitate to ask us anytime! :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Oi, while we're on the subject of con board members, if anyone would like to join us fab 5 (lolz) and want all the goss and be in on the fun of organizing please feel free to

to put your hand up and you'll be promptly on board! The effort and fun put into the organizing of Mac Aus Con 09 is enourmous and extremely satisfying. Tis CO0L!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey guys!

Mac Aus Con 09 Board Meeting 20th Friday at 12 Midday at the Regent, would be awesome if all of you can attend, Matt, Andy (during his lunch break) and myself will be coming. This meeting will be important for us to work out where all the displays will be going and the seating arrangements. We will be testing all of the DVD's we intend to show on the day. So! Make time aside! LONG LIVE MAC AUS CON . :D

Edited by shazam

Sweet! Thanks for posting that Shazzam man! YUS, the sound test will be fun lol. MACROSS CANNON F I R E!

I feel like it's spoiling the effect the big screen will have so we won't be watching too much lol, jus to get that sound decibel just right!! I personally want it loud as lol.

U know the feeling of a good speaker setup and wen it gets cranking the back of your hairs stand up and you get all excited and emotional your eyes tear from amazement?

That's what this cinema marathon is all about! BOOK YOUR SEATS BLOKES! Goig to be a f'n hell of a ride we'll all remember for a long long time!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

MODELING CONTEST!!!! (THERE WILL BE TWO TYPES)

1st will be custom paint jobs! (the obvious one)

and 2nd will be custom model variable fighter! (which involves heavily modyfying an existing kit into something glorious!)

1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes will be given. PetarB, WARPAINT22 and Cowie are already noted as competitors in the comps!

This is going to be fantastic for all to see~! Violent Works of Art!

These competitions and kits involved only apply to kits done by the masters, no commisioned pieces will be accepted if your not the artist, alls fair!

LET ME KNOW VIA PM OR E-MAIL IF YOU WANT TO SUBMIT A DESTROID/NON-VARIABLE MECHA OK!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

VARIABLE CUSTOM CONTESTS! (again, there are TWO TYPES)

1st is just the same as the Modelling contest! ALL ABOUT ORIGINAL CUSTOM PAINT SCHEMES!

I will need notification by PM or vf1custom@live.com.au if you are intending to submit your art.

Reason being we will need to figure out how many and what prizes to allocate. SO, if your going to bring a 1/48 - 1/60 or other perfect variable scaled

art (needs to be transformable), let me know, all items submitted will REMAIN unknown till all members gather on the con date, then the fun will begin!

2nd needless to say, will be all about heavily modifying the existing mold and making it more violent or beautiful than it was originally created.

Mod your chosen varibale fighter to become even more badass! Again these must be done by yourself, and not be commisioned.

As far as i know there will be only ONE main prize for the one voted most by the max 22 members for both of the PV comps. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

MISC CUSTOM CONTEST!

Ok this is the extra interesting one!

This is all to do with CUSTOMS that are MACROSS ONLY RELATED and are not Variable Fighters or Mecha (i'm talking about destroids lol).

This can include clothing/apparel, modeling customs like figures(!) big or small, or Capital customs (ex - SDF-1 or >insert here< specials :p ) or other ARTs.

These however CAN be submitted if they are done by yourself OR have been commisioned by a master! If the master is present and is competing against you

he will have extra credit awarded by the Mac Aus Con 09 members (being again the MAX 22 members) BUT they must be original and never been seen before!

There is a way around this, if the have been shown to on extent online (as in production/in process build up pics!), they must be painted up as fully intended and

for the first time, been seen in the flesh! EXCLUSIVE TO MAC AUS CON.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Put some more thought into the con board, a maximum of 7 Members is the cap.

You guys need to inform me of your intentions if your wanting to get on board. Only 2 positions vacant, would be great tohave another state member!

Neo?????

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

erm... LOL this just in -

YOU GUYS ARE GONNA LOVE THIS..

Due to the increasing Interest in the awesomeness that is MAC AUS CON 09', with sponsors coming from all sides of the globe and aussie states,

There seems to be a bit of local sponsor rivalry happenin!!! XD

GET THIS -

FREE PI$$/GROG FOR ALL SATURDAY CON ATTENDEES! LOL!!

For the moment the Sponsor has wished to remain unknown for this lol.. TOTALLY AWESOME gesture, and will make himself known on con date or when he feels the needs!!!

AHH, what NEXT??? We got two of the biggest Sponsors OVERDRIVE AND HLJ.COM, now we got a sponsor wishing to come to the party pakin!

He wants to make sure everyone has an awesome time, and for there to be that "extra incentive" for those lagging 10 seats to be filled by true fans!!!

GO AUSSIES! So... polls going up... lol ths is awesome... What d'you think JIM???

69403314.gif "Like WOAOH!"

XDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie