MAC AUS CON 09' - BRISBANE! '.. it's official!&#39

Hey guys! sorry for the long no updates, but have been mighty busy talking to some more sponsors!

I will post some updates later tonight, word from Ben Burns (Regent) and also Overdrive.

Also been talking to some people in regards to some suprises on the Sunday. ;)

Stay tuned.

:edit:

Updates!

Overdrive -

Matt

Let's start with the package for your con first. One of the problems

will be that since it will take at least a month to get to you you'll

have to stick with anything out by April 1st. I can't guarantee anything

after April 1st will get to you by the con if sent by surface mail. As a

example it takes about 40 days for a package to get to the US if you

send by surface mail. I'm sure I can get the VF-1D to

you by the con but for anything else if they get even a little delayed

there is a chance it might not get there in time. I'll send a list for

the scheduled release dates for a few items.

1/60 VF-1A Max TV Ver:April

1/60 VF-1S Max :March

1/60 VF-1D : February

1/60 VF-11B: April

1/60 Destroid Defender Khaki Green(New, picture included):April

Bandai VF-25 Mikal and Luca: Late March

As they are usually released towards the end of the month the Max TV ver

and VF-11 will probably not get there. Also I can get anything in the

1/60 series released earlier if there's anything someone missed.

There's a few important thing everyone needs to know about sending

things by surface mail. Surface mail is really bad on the boxes if you

want a totaly undamaged box you should not be buying it in this manner.

We will put cushining in the box but the item itself will not be wraped.

This is one of our conditions for doing things like this. The toy should

be fine but please assume you will get a damaged box. No insurance will

be available and you are ordering at your own risk. I've never had

anything really badly damaged but there's always a certain amount of

risk so I will warn you guys in advance. Please make sure everyone's

aware of the risk of sending things by surface mail and that this is

only for mass orders we will not send by surface mail for individual

customers.

Sorry for the long message but thought I should make everything clear to

you guys before we start doing anything.

This doesn't mean we can't go halvies or thirdsies with EMS to get in the Max TV-1A or VF-11B.

We will save a buttload on shipping.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I wish i could tell yas the suprise on Sunday that's planned, it's going to be a f'n laugh.

Jetstar has a pretty good deal going on now, from like 29 bucks, that's a steal. - http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/index.aspx

I've bought my ticks to and back already. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey guys! Aikurisu is going to post this for me while I’m afk from the comps, Thanks Aikurisu for your help!!

Below is discussion with Overdrive with regards to the special con group order deal/s.

Please let me know by the end of the weekend if you want to secure one of these v.2 VF-1’s (listed below)

and all other items listed on their website which are either in-stock, or have a pre-order date before April,

so Overdrive can make arrangements for the packages and what else they are sending to us for the con, Cool.

Matt

About the orders. I need the number of pieces you need for the following

items by the following date.

1/60 VF-1A Max TV Ver: February 9

1/60 VF-1S Max : February 9

1/60 VF-1D : February1

1/60 VF-11B: February1

It may be possible to increase numbers after the deadline but no

decrease will be allowed after the deadline so be careful when you send

in the numbers. I can't guarantee the Bandai VF-25 Mikal and Luca right

now we're asking for more but until it's released I'm not sure how many

more we can get.

We'll ask for half of the payment for them within a week of the order.

The remaining half and the shipping fees will be asked for a few days

before they come in.

Some info about EMS shipping below -

Shipping via EMS for a box of non super parts VF-1's should be $100. The Kakizaki 1/60 and VF-1A Max Movie versions were official announced yesterday but since they're all scheduled for May don't think it'll get there in time even if you send it by EMS. Also if any one's interested in the Beagle Ride Armor we can do that to if you need any.

Don't forget I need at least an estimated number for a few items by the next Monday. I'll send you a head up on friday.

Regards

Overdrive.

Kensei is in for a VF-11B group buy.

So that's two boxes probably with the ones i'm getting and the one 1D ScreamMan is wanting.

Any others?

:edit:

For people wanting to get in touch with me, contact details are front page.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey Ralto mate! Sorry for the long no reply, the con shirts are still being finalised. :D Don't worry you'll be one of the first to know about em when they are done! :)

HeyYS - check this out.

http://www.animavericks.byethost13.com/ind...388.msg3706#new

Hopefully they will sponsor us, that'd be sweet!

I'll pop back when i have some more to bring youz up to speed, i've started to gain interested outside these sites (international forum such is MWorld and RT.com) for seat numbers. :)

Hoping we'll get some enthusiastic new fans!

You guys that frequent other anime forums.. please place these in your sigs with links to promote the con k?

macrossdyr-1.jpg

macrossdoyouremember.jpg

I will be contacting as many aussie anime forums as time permits me this week.

My aim is to fix up the seating vacancies (and hopefully get word from you guys that are coming but need that double comfirm right???) this month.

Don't want to leave it too late.

Thank guys! Spread the word!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Guys,

Can i get a full count of MAF PSP Comp players?

Grande Finale Prize is going to be awesome. And true to Macross. That's all i will disclose.

I know of what... 3 people with MAF (Macross Ace Frontier for PSP). Come on lets get some more playas in the comp!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Guys,

Can i get a full count of MAF PSP Comp players?

Grande Finale Prize is going to be awesome. And true to Macross. That's all i will disclose.

I know of what... 3 people with MAF (Macross Ace Frontier for PSP). Come on lets get some more playas in the comp!

Count me in, I know I dont stand much of a chance againt your YF21 though :)

haha no one will be using high end valks in the end game

The 'Grand Final' will be restricted to both pilots using standard VF-1's of the same head variant. equal against equal. No armour/strike/super FP's either.

It's a con based around the original SDF series and DYRL? celebration, next years con will be probably Plus orientated, dunno, how about some feedback from members here?

As for the YF-21, i think it will be banned, unless we have mission based comps, but i'm leaning more towards VS comps.

Thanks for dropping in MATE! ^_____^

Also thinking about banning missile Spam, but i'm looking into how to rule it. Like in reality, you can only fire so many, so i guess we can limit it like that.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Can't wait. :D

yep! me too.

Shazzam mate, if there is any improvememnts you reckon we should add let me know ok?

Thanks guys!

IF you guys do get around, please i can't stress how important it is to spread the word out for the con to get it the biggest we can get it. Cheers!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey best news looks like we could have another seat filled by one of our talented mates! :D i'm stoked!

Shazzam mate, you wanna post up what your going to bring along to the con??? Don't keep it to yourself and me, let everyone else drool at whats in store. :p

I'll try and update whats hapening with the con tomorrow guys, i really only get the weekend to get on nowadays, so forgive me for not being around, no choice. :/

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hell yeah, Warpaint22 has confirmed he's coming to the con guys! And he's dibbed the front seat that was vacant. :D

gallery_3118_280_328.jpg

You guys that said you were coming in the old thread, would you like to re-confirm please for the good of the con?

I'll send out a mass PM next week, remember payments aren't due till a month before the con, so still heaps of time to save up 107 bucks.

Remember what we got at the con, 12 hours of 1st class cinema, own private toilets, private elevator (security), room for displays which means we don't need to hire a separate room,

close to the rail stations, and foodcourts, cafe right downstairs, but the overall big picture is we don't need to hire another room for the display part of the con which is just as cool as the

big screen, which is going to be a one off! Future cons will be held in all the other states main cities which haven't had a con yet, like Perth, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.

It's a Macross Fans dream come true this con.

ScreamMan - your still looking for a share-up? Warpaint22 should be up for it, please send him a PM when you get time mate. :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Alright!, another weekend gone (too fast...) i got a mission for con attendees -

Everyone who is bringing stuff to the con, could you please let me know what your intending on showing on the day??

1. we don't want to double up, as with the PMs i'm getting we have quite ALOT coming! :D

2. so i can work out on how many display cases we need to hire.

The 1/72 artists are bringing quite alot of awesome stuff along, i want to have the majority of them and room enough for all 1/60 and 1/48 (and other scales) collectors as well,

and then there is posters and other colectables that may or may not need a separate case. Excited to have so many modellers coming along...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

This is the list of MACROSS things that I am bringing to display at the con:

TOYS

1. POP BOX MAX DYRL 1/6 SCALE FIGURE

2. YAMATO MAX DYRL 1/48 SCALE VF-1A WITH SAP

3. YAMATO MAX DYRL 1/60 SCALE VF-1A G1

4. YAMATO MAX TV VERSION 1/48 SCALE VF-1J WITH SAP

5. JOONS MAX TV VERSION 1/55 SCALE VF-1J

6. TOYNAMI MAX TV VERSION 1/55 SCALE VF-1J

7. ARII MAX TV VERSION 1/100 SCALE VF-1A BATTROID WITH SAP

8. ARII MAX TV VERSION 1/100 SCALE VF-1A GERWALK WITH SAP

9. TOYNAMI MAX TV VERSION 1/100 SCALE VF-1J BATTLOID WITH SAP

10. TOYNAMI MAX TV VERSION 1/100 SCALE VF-1A

11. TOYNAMI MAX SUPER DEFORMED VF-1J CHROME VERSION

12. TOYNAMI MAX I-MEN TV VERSION SET

MODELS

1. BANDAI MAX TV VERSION 1/72 SCALE VF-1J

2. ARII MAX TV VERSION 1/100 SCALE VF-1J

3. ARII MAX DYRL 1/100 SCALE VF-1A

4. BANDAI MAX DYRL SUPER DEFORMED VF-1A

ANIMATION CELS

1. MACROSS TV VERSION MAX IN UNIFORM CEL

2. MACROSS TV VERSION HIKARU'S VF-1S WITH SAP CEL

3. MACROSS 7 MILLIA CEL

4. MACROSS 7 MYLENE GENIUS CEL

5. MACROSS II SILVI GENIUS CEL

POSTERS

1. MACROSS 7 MYLENE GENIUS POSTER

BOOKS

1. HARUKIKO MIKIMOTO ILLUSTRATION WORKS (SIGNED)

2. MACROSS 7 TRASH MANGA WITH MAX GENIUS ON COVER

MACROSS FRONTIER

TOYS

1. BANDAI 1/60 SCALE VF-25G MESSIAH VALKYRIE MIKHAIL CUSTOM

2. BANDAI Clan Clan PVC Figure (Macross Frontier Ichiban Kuji Premium)

MACROSS THINGS YOU HAVE REQUESTED:

TOYS

1. YAMATO MILLIA DYRL 1/60 SCALE Q-RAU

2. YAMATO MACROSS PLUS 25TH ANNI YF-19

I may be able to purchase a Bandai Max DYRL 1/55 scale VF-1A with SAP and a Yamato Max TV version 1/60 scale VF-1A in time for the con. I will also bring all of my Macross games and books.

Haruhiko Mikimoto

Edited by shazam

Hi all, back on the forum been gone for a while if you noiced....lol. Anyway Ruskii has asked the following inside info to be posted and as I have more spare time I've been happy to be involved with the con as it's been a long time comming and a good chance to have some macross fun.

Ruskii has been very busy with all the organising and is happy to report that he is negotiating with a popular Anime Magazine for sponsorship and with luck some cool prizes. All this is leading to a great convention.

I myself am at work on a momento for all "Saturday" con attendies to help remember this event, so please make sure you have confermed your place on the Saturday as numbers will soon need to be finalised so get your seats.

OK..... for displays Ruskii has been at work and making sure we have plenty of room which we should have to display everything. Below is a reply from Ben Burns (Regent Theatrette) about display space.

Along the corridor there we can definitely have tables set up to one side the whole way down. There is only one door that this will obstruct and I dont even think it opens anymore ! haha.

As for spare rooms, we might be struggling here. The only rooms we have up there are the two toilets, fire escape and a small electric/cleaners room. None of which could be used for displays etc. Sorry.

Definitely room down the front to set up tables for prizes. The speakers are not effected here.

Hope this helps. Certainly getting closer now!

Ben Burns, Regent Theatrette

See pictures of the theatre are at the beginning of this tread for those who haven't read the full tread.

So all is comming togeater nicely.

Also anyone from the old tread can you please re-confirm you attendence as confirmed numbers are important for us to keep track of everyone who is comming, also if you are a maybe could you let us know...Thanks

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions. :)

Edited by warpaint22

More news......a test flyer has been made to distribute around (this is not the final at this stage) , would like to know if anyone in the Brisbane area can help post some around once the final is finished, let us know. Big Big thanks to RuskiiVFaussie for doing up this for us. :)

post-5632-1235703867_thumb.jpg

Also we would love to see some Custom model valks for a Model Compitition, as we need a good comp to give out the prizes from or Great Sponsors. I myself have a plan for a custom Valk (with Australia in mind) which I hope will make the Con, so we'd love to see what will turn up from or modelers. Especially from the Famous PeterB and Cowie. I'm sure every body will be excited to see what will turn out for display. :)

macausconteaserbak4h3__2_.bmp

Edited by warpaint22

Ahh cheers Warpaint mate! Awesome to see a member hold Macross in high regard!

Awesome Cowie and Shazzam!!!! Bring the lot! As you know i didn't realize the room we had up front, so really there is more than enough room for a massive display!

Alright, time to rally up these slack arse who haven't re-con firmed their seats.... fun fun chasing yas ya know? :p It's ok, i'll hound yas.

Oh yeah, that add was something i threw together in an hour on Thursday night with Paint program lol

If any of you guys would like to best it with photoshop please be my guest! I think we have a big suprise anyways in regards to a poster! ;)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Oh hell YES.

gallery_3118_280_173941.jpg

We got another major sponsor!!! Give a big welcome to MECHA STUDIOS AUSTRALIA !

See? This con is bringing all soughts of awesomeness out!

Show your support everyone or die! (ok a little bit of pain anyways) ;D

Most Excellent........

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Oh hell YES.

gallery_3118_280_173941.jpg

We got another major sponsor!!! Give a big welcome to MECHA STUDIOS AUSTRALIA !

See? This con is bringing all soughts of awesomeness out!

Show your support everyone or die! (ok a little bit of pain anyways) ;D

Most Excellent........

Another sponsor...Nice stuff. The con is looking better by the week. Well done Matt.

As for those surprises, I can't wait to see. ^_^

Latest news is that we have another sponsor for the con!!!! We seem to be attracking quite a bit of interest around Australia as word of the con spreads around. I'll post the new sponsors banner ASAP (waiting on it to be emailed).

We still have seats to fill so please if you can make it, please place a booking ASAP and pick your seat/s.

More details soon! :)

Nice work on the extra sponsors mate! I'd like to confirm my attendance just let me know when u require desposits. Also, just with regards to members bringing stuff for display, I only have a handful of 1/48s Super Miria, Super Stealth, VF-1S Super Hikky and Angel Bird with Armour and 1/60 Miria Q-Rau. I am happy to bring it all if its needed.

Kepp us posted with the awesomeness that is Mac Aus Con 09 Matt.

Heyas! Another week down! They go like days with me and the con build up seriously lol. Live and breathe mac aus con.

You can thank Warpaint22 for this new super sponsor!!! I believe we have scored a few more members who could be booking their seats in the coming weeks.

Like just this morning i got word from a certain cosplay guru who has expressed his interest in coming! That is HUGE for the con, i want colour brought to the con!

Having dinner, so i'll be back to post up the new sponsor banners!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie