MAC AUS CON 09' - BRISBANE! '.. it's official!&#39

Anyone needing a lift from the airport to the hotel or from the hotel to the con I can help out with. Depending on the flight I can take between 2 to 3 passengers at a time between Friday and Monday for the event.

Scream Man

Cant promise Ill be up for partying much after a 12 hour marathon of Macross, especially if it's subbed (Because there's only so long i can look at a screen and read text!) but I'm there.

lol :D That's why I need to be down the back close to the fridge filled with cans of V and the coffee maker. I haven't watched a movie marathon in ages, but looking forward to this one.

Edited by shazam

The last movie marathon I did was a few years ago at Dendy Opera Quays in Sydney - the japanimation festival. I took my first movie in at 10am and only stopped for meals until around midnight that day. Needless to say, it was an awesome day!

Major kudos to the organisers here. Well done, I can't wait to come, I will be there with some Macross models to display if there's any benchspace...

Petar I'm glad you're into 1/72 and not 1/100 like me :) Not so much hiding in your shadow ;) hehe

I can hardly wait to see your kits in person mate.

Mark

Edited by cowie165

Matt just confirming I'm in Brisbane and can (will) bring an esky, but I'm 45mins and $20 in tolls from the airport, each way. I'm about as south as you can get - closer to Ipswich actually.

Mate may I have a seat in the second row from the back please? An aisle seat would be cool if there's still one spare.

Did you still want me to head out to the cinema for a recce or have you squared that away now? Sorry if I dropped the ball on that one dude - pregnant wife and two young kids makes for busy weekends (and lots of excuses)

Matt just confirming I'm in Brisbane and can (will) bring an esky, but I'm 45mins and $20 in tolls from the airport, each way. I'm about as south as you can get - closer to Ipswich actually.

Mate may I have a seat in the second row from the back please? An aisle seat would be cool if there's still one spare.

Did you still want me to head out to the cinema for a recce or have you squared that away now? Sorry if I dropped the ball on that one dude - pregnant wife and two young kids makes for busy weekends (and lots of excuses)

No worries mate! Just to have you come to the con is more than enough effort! :D So where you are at you don't have access or not worth the air train trip?

Your seat has been dibbed!

I think mainly we will need an esky for the Sunday, we'll talk it over and see whats the go with everyone else, just the best thing is from the brisbne domestic, it's a one

train trip to the con! :p

Guys! CHECK OUT FRONT PAGE, FIRST POST, GUESS WHO WE GOT FOR A MAJOR SPONSOR!!!!!

SHOW YOUR PRAISE AND SUPPORT FOR OVERDRIVE! Bloody Aith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also! Check out Polidread's updated ValkGirl image! BELOW~!

MacOzConOUTPUT.jpg

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4255/vf1s...koalataify7.jpg

vf1shielaandkoalataify7.jpg

This sheila is HOT! Thanks Polidread mate!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

So where you are at you don't have access or not worth the air train trip?

Oh, all I meant was that as much as I'd love to help, I'd prefer to do something other than ferry people to/from the airport, because it's a major pita for me to get there. So, I can help out with an esky and ice, and supply a bunch of 1/100 kits to support the display.

...but don't display my kits next to PetarB's of course ;) hehe

lol, that's coz you couldn't speaken ze duetch, the bus for half price was around the corner, and the taxi guys push the service onto you. :p

Like in russia, about 20 taxi dudes screaming pleading you to take their ride, and 50/50 they'll rip your right off, or you'll wind up in the river lol.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

lol, that's coz you couldn't speaken ze duetch, the bus for half price was around the corner, and the taxi guys push the service onto you. :p

Like in russia, about 20 taxi dudes screaming pleading you to take their ride, and 50/50 they'll rip your right off, or you'll wind up in the river lol.

No, it was $80 for the train. It was the Arlanda Express, and it took me right in the middle of the airport. Nifty, but expensive. The day i got there I took a cab, but the guy refused to put the meter on. So I told him to take me back. The other guy used the meter and I tipped him $100 AUD. He was astounded. He asked: why? I said to just take it and tell the chromedome at the airport how much Aussies tip when they aren't cheated.

Pfft. Air Train. It's just a normal train. You eastsiders think you're so special. :p

PetarB has scored the last aisle seat! Hope you know the aisle seats are coupled with the added responsibility of beverage fetching!

Could always just chuck it at the back of their heads of course... :lol: ! !

That's 8 listed so far!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

...but don't display my kits next to PetarB's of course ;) hehe

C'mon...! :wacko: I will be happy to see any other modeling displays, I'm bringing mine in the hope that it will get more people to bring theirs.

Of course, now I have to work out how to pack them. And I simply HAVE to finish up my display stand for the atmospheric booster beforehand... :lol:

Anyway, I will probably drive up so packing might not be such an issue. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to drive from the Gold Coast to Brisbane? I might drop by and see a friend on the way up.

Woah, COOOLLLLL VF-1 Atmospheric display??? AWESOME! Ahh can't wait to see that.

Driving? have to be over an hour, not including traffic wait. Can't remember.

Didn't know you resided in Surfers, you know we might be having a fun day your way on Sunday after the barbecue! ;D

Kensei hasn't posted it yet.....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Update - I'd like to have before or very early next month (February) a good rally of members showing that they are coming.

reason being, Overdrive are asking for official numbers, I don't need to explain why, figure it out. ;D

I told them 22 as that is the maximum of seats for Saturday and of course Sunday has no cap at all.

But would be great to show them a proper show of hands.

also -

Forgot to add if you guys are interested in group sales to save on

shipping we can help you guys. If you can get like two boxes of

something we can price them down a bit. If they are sent by surface mail

which is really cheap, though it takes about a month, you should save a

fair ammount of money.

Regards

--

OverDrive Info <info@over-drive-inc.com>

Matt

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

regarding a group shipping deal: Id take a coupl;e of destroids. One Toma in green or Regular (whichever) and one Defender. Maybe a third if they're out then.

Kensai: Next time u hop on MSN, message me. Maybe we can split a room or soemthing.

Cowie: Dude, Ill pay tolls and gas for a pickup from the airport. It'd still be cheaper than a cab, and if we're bringing up valks or any toys to show then id rather do so in a car.

Put me down as a definite maybe, could be a good excuse for me to ride my 'cycle up the coast....Have to check dates as it needs to be School holidays (Yeah I'm a Teacher :wacko: )

That's great Mark! Thanks heaps for dropping by and showing support, i'll jot you down on the imaginary 'who's coming' board. :D

Let me know soon as you can if your cool to come. Cheers!

regarding a group shipping deal: Id take a coupl;e of destroids. One Toma in green or Regular (whichever) and one Defender. Maybe a third if they're out then.

Kensai: Next time u hop on MSN, message me. Maybe we can split a room or soemthing.

Cowie: Dude, Ill pay tolls and gas for a pickup from the airport. It'd still be cheaper than a cab, and if we're bringing up valks or any toys to show then id rather do so in a car.

Scream Man you could catch with cowie or someone, but the Airtrain that links from the domestic all the way to Central Station is rather cheap!

Check the map out front page, it's really not that far to walk at all, unless your bringing 20 valks and have more bags than hands and shoulders.

Of course it would be more fun to toll with Macrossians! Just saying.

You guys organizing a room to share let the other members know as well, so they can book and share same place, same time. Cool!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Been talking with Ben Burns (Regent Theatrette) and he has gotten back to me regarding how flexible the projectionist is,

and it's good to know he's prepared to give us lots of options in regards to our cinema programme!

".. The projectionist on for the day and night will be very flexible. they will be at your command basically.

Its a little early to say yet whether or not there will be a booking either side of your screening. I will endeavour to ensure that at least the Friday afternoon/night is free so that if you need to do anything you can. Sunday is generally pretty quiet, but I cant guarantee anything sorry.

I checked out the photos, they look good! Hope everyone is looking forward to it! .. "

"... Will definitely get you in contact with our projectionist prior to the screening to ensure everything goes well, and we are briefed on the run schedule. ...

Also guys if for any reason i'm not available here on this forum (I'm here every day normally lol) best U send me an e-mail (updated third post)

mlove@curragh.com.au (mon - fr)

vf1custom@live.com.au (weekends)

Also IM! If you need to talk with me by phone, i'll e-mail it to ya.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Got a great idea! How about a fair few of us Group Buy from Overdrive, and have them deliver so we can all pickup on Con date!??

... Also about the group buys. If you guys are interested I could send you pictures and prices for Yamato stuff (or anything else for that matter) as soon as we get them. The minimum amount will be a one box (We would prefer 2 boxes but the exchange rates are so bad we'll keep it one) and we'll ask for 50% of the item fees as a deposit. We'll ask for the rest as well as the shipping fees when we can confirm they're coming in.

Please note they will be sent in the boxes they came in and will not be wrapped. The Yamato boxes are pretty sturdy so they should get to you in good shape.

As a example if you guys want to do a group buy for the 1/60 VF-1D I'll send you guys this info.

1/60 VF-1D

4 Pieces

4 x $88=$348

Shipping Fees

1 x $50=$50

Total Amount

$348+$50=$394

8 Pieces

8 x $85=$680

Shipping Fees

2 x $50=$100

Total Amount

$680+$100=$780

Ordering Deadline Feburary 1

Release Date February

Contact me if you can go more.

I'll be sending this stuff whenever I get new stuff like the VF-1A, VF=1S Max that came in today.

Regards

--

OverDrive Info <info@over-drive-inc.com>

It'll be like Christmas mid year! lol. I'm in. By the con date we could have the Max TV-1A (April) and DRYL?-1A, and maybe M&M's or the Cannon Fodder v.2 VF-1... 1D, Hikky 1S, 1S Roy re-issue..

As Overdrive said, they will keep us up-to-date as son as they get new info, so we can plan what we want to arrive on con date. Shipping will be a breeze!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

DAMMIT!

I can't make it to this one i'm afraid, just bought a house and i've gotten engaged too so all my money is tied up in a wedding and mortgage....

so no con, no macross stuff (i may have to give up collecting NOOO!!!!!!!) and no car stuff........its kinda like a happy and a sad moment all rolled into one really.

Hope all you peps have fun over there but would have been a great weekend

enjoy!

DAMMIT!

I can't make it to this one i'm afraid, just bought a house and i've gotten engaged too so all my money is tied up in a wedding and mortgage....

so no con, no macross stuff (i may have to give up collecting NOOO!!!!!!!) and no car stuff........its kinda like a happy and a sad moment all rolled into one really.

Hope all you peps have fun over there but would have been a great weekend

enjoy!

heh heh it still will be a great weekend! :p j/k

Mate congratulations! Weddings sure soak up alot of cash, understand totally, but keep hanging around when you can, still fun to read up and see whats in store!