PICs of MPC Toynami Robotech Beta Fighter

nugundamII

Cool pics, this stuff is fine on MW... but it's supposed to be in the "other anime" section.

Edit - Do we have a dedicated MPC thread any more? Maybe we should resurrect it since the Cyclone is also coming up?

Edited by jenius

Before this thread gets moved, may I ask what the thinking was of having the top mounted missile bay removable??? Is it a function to make it transformable? I don't get it.

I think it was just for ease of packaging. Step one of the instructions is to attach the missles, and its removal is never mentioned again.

That's a good thing then. I think the legs look a little anorexic, but other than that, it looks quite good. I ordered mine from bbts.com, and should be here soon. Ahhh, even has the chest missiles, good to see. If it feels solid enough, I may get more. So far, I've heard good things only. Perhaps it'll be the only good toy Toynami has ever made that transforms.

Edited by Jasonc

Overall the quality and paint apps are very good. I only have 3 toynami toys the alpha, beta and voltron MPC and I have very high recommendations for the voltron and Beta

One thing when I was displaying the toy a very small screw fell from somewhere on the beta which I will find and screw back in and add crazy glue. Posing is ok the Legs are a little loose due to the heavy diecast. As a BIG fan of diecast I will say that this should have had none. It would have been easier to pose and make the toy firm. The stand and connection with the alpha is pretty sturdy and very well thought out considering a lot of anime magic was left for imagination. There are two connection rods to use with the beta to connect with the alpha

One for the alpa when in Battroid mode the other in flight mode. Buy it you wont be disappointed. I dont have the CMs I do have the CMs GGGG and GFG and i think the overall qc problems with toynami releases have improved with the beta and I will assume is much better than the CMs version. One other thing. When you try to add the pilot in cockpit it doesnt close properly so you have to leave it out

thanks

post-4512-1229700412_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1229700441_thumb.jpg

post-4512-1229700495_thumb.jpg

Edited by nugundamII

I've been taking pics of mine... things are coming along well. Pretty sure the tail fins are supposed to be collapsed when combined but I noticed HG didn't do this in the instructions either.

EDIT - when the ALpha is in fighter mode you're not supposed to make the hood with the winglets, the winglets are supposed to be splayed out in the back.

Edited by jenius

EDIT - when the ALpha is in fighter mode you're not supposed to make the hood with the winglets, the winglets are supposed to be splayed out in the back.

:huh:

Uhh, Jenius, do you mean when the Alpha's in battloid but connected to the Beta (which itself is in fighter mode) combo? The above comments make more sense if that's what you were trying to get at.

:huh:

Uhh, Jenius, do you mean when the Alpha's in battloid but connected to the Beta (which itself is in fighter mode) combo? The above comments make more sense if that's what you were trying to get at.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the instructions specify you should make the back of the Alpha flat by having the winglets flared out. I don't think it worked that way in the anime though so I guess it's just a "whatever you prefer" item... I guess the same goes for the tail fins.

Finally got mine today, #445. A pretty good number. I think I'm gonna try to get a 2nd, one for display w/ the alpha, other for battloid mode. I think it's one of Toynami's only successful transformable toys, aside from Voltron. Going with that though, I noticed on the card that engineering went to Aoshima,,, so perhaps that's the reason why it's actually a good toy.

That's what I was waiting for, a video review. I just went and bought one. Not that jenius review wasn't good but video says more then pics. After spending the coin on the CMS version, which I real do like, I was not sure if it was going to be worth getting the Toynami one. The only thing is I sold my Scott Alpha. I guess I'll have to connect it to my Shadow.

Ha, in that review, the two things that stand out...1) They didn't criticize the fact that that big ass cockpit is an eyesore in battloid. I think the CMs Tread looks absolutely amazing in battroid, but the Toynami one kinda just sits there. It's very anime-inaccurate, but it's not the end all deal breaker. The 2)He said Barry White before playing the music, and that was Marvin Gaye, that is unforgivable!!!

The good thing about that review is they pointed out that the CMs had no detail on the backside of the Battloid, which is something I didn't know. But now that I do know, it's impossible to un-know.

See, there's things we know we know, and there's things we don't know we know and then there's things we don't know we don't know. But I think that falls into the category of things we know we don't know, but might know at some time if someone who knows thinks to show us that we don't know.

Vostok 7

I don't think you're going to be bowled over by the detail on the back of the Toynami Beta. It's not unfinished by any means... I just don't see you finding something there that's going to make you want to display your toy ass end first.

There rarely is, but I was shocking at how very little detail was in the CMs back. Oh, well. My Beta is almost certainly going to be in the combined mode more than any other mode.

Okay so, I've been out the loop on the Mospeada line for the longest now. That said, after reading some review of this Back End piece: Beta, is it sold separately with out the Alpha Fighter? If so, is the Alpha Fighter's package the same as this Robotech Book Style cover?