Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

Durability wise it feels very sturdy and very much a "toy", so whilst the Yamato 1/60 toys have a better finish they are more display pieces that have to be handled with greater care. A lot of this is down to the usage of diecast in the joints, so it doesn't feel weak in any way. In terms of stuff breaking, not so sure on that yet. I'm very careful generally with toys and the only slight thing I've noticed is that the cowls on the legs that house the smaller fins sometimes don't quite click into place properly.

You have to swap the hands out for the transformation as far as I can see and the gun holder is purely functional for fighter mode, so it's not housed anywhere in battroid.

Thus far, the more I play with it the more I like it. Once you get used to how the transformation works it begins to click I think. I still haven't really found anything glaringly awful with it either but I'll post more later (hopefully with pictures!). As proof that I have them at least here's a happy photo of me...

Happy birthday!

u do look very happy with the vf25. :)

Heh :) Cacophanus - the most popular Cannon Fodder on Macross World :) Forever will bow at your feet... as long as you give us those pictures within the next 24 hours please :)

Congratulations and happ birthday :)

EDIT: Well - now Ozma is out.

Too bad I won't be getting mine till March :(

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

Happy Birthday, looking forward to seeing more pictures. Glad to hear it isn't as chuncky in person as it looks in pics because that profile shot that was in the post on the last page didn't help it any IMO. The legs just looked disproportionally large compaired to the forward fuselage IMO. to me something just looks off. I like VFTF1'ssummary that it's not that bad but just could've been so much better.

Chris

edit: here is the picture I was refering to.

post-265-1230300008_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dobber

Here are some pictures of the VF-25F up close. I apologise up front about the quality of these images as my camera isn't great. It's also worth noting that empirical analysis of these photos isn't recommended as I'm still getting to grips with the the toy and as such the transformation may still be a little messy (sorry!)...

vf25f_1.jpg

vf25f_2.jpg

vf25f_3.jpg

vf25f_4.jpg

These catches cause some issues as they often come unstuck if you try to pose the toy too much. It's not a big issue, as they reconnect fine but it can be a tad annoying.

vf25f_5.jpg

vf25f_6.jpg

vf25f_7.jpg

vf25f_8.jpg

vf25f_9.jpg

vf25f_10.jpg

This is as flush as the legs get in fighter mode, they do click into place though.

Cacophanus, thank you for the pictures!!!! That profile shot of fighter DOES look much better!!!!! and the legs seem to sit alittle better too. Dang I think I'll have to get one of these too now. Still not as good looking as the model but good enough to warrent a purchase for me now :)

Chris

I will try to do the VF-25S (Ozma's) tomorrow, as it's late here. Overall, the model kit (assembled and painted) does look more accurate to the show but you can't play with that really. This is very much a toy to be handled quite heavily I think, so the finish isn't as pristine as a kit. The glossy finish is very nice though and I am very happy that all three modes look good too!

Here are some pictures of the VF-25F up close. I apologise up front about the quality of these images as my camera isn't great. It's also worth noting that empirical analysis of these photos isn't recommended as I'm still getting to grips with the the toy and as such the transformation may still be a little messy (sorry!)...

These catches cause some issues as they often come unstuck if you try to pose the toy too much. It's not a big issue, as they reconnect fine but it can be a tad annoying.

This is as flush as the legs get in fighter mode, they do click into place though.

thanks for the pics.

the locking legs in Fighter is good news. any paint scratching or chipping during transformation?

can the part i circled be locked or squeezed to fit more flush? it kinda makes the fuselage look a li'l bit droopy in side-view.

thanks.

post-8437-1230305342_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pics!

While it may not look as good as the model kit, I'm thinking this is probably the only game in town for anyone to really appreciate and have fun with the VF-25's transformation. And the pic with the fast packs makes it look even better!

Gallery of VF-25S in fighter mode.

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-82795-1-1.html

That looks pretty nice. I like that the head actually meets the backplate without that annoying indentation like the F has.

But what happened to the head lasers? They are angled in towards each other at least on one side and looking from the top, they are both angled to the right.

They look like they're made of PVC or something -_-

Is Japan about to have a Gold Week or something? I suspect I'm going to have to go through an agonizing wait for these...

Yep Japanese new yr. I'll have to wait for mine until after the Jan 5th.

Man the final product looks great especially with all the fast packs on with all of their respective markings! However is that the extent to which the VF-25S's neck is going to go? Please tell me it can be pushed up further! At least all of over other VF-25s have a very prominent neck.

Man the final product looks great especially with all the fast packs on with all of their respective markings! However is that the extent to which the VF-25S's neck is going to go? Please tell me it can be pushed up further! At least all of over other VF-25s have a very prominent neck.

I think that is as good as its going to get with the neck. None of the pics so far have shown it higher than that. Which is a bad sign considering it has been one of the most complained about aspects of the Ozma version.

Questions to new owners:

How tight are the joints? Is gerwalk mode stable? From the instructions, it looks like both legs will fall down if you lift the plane unless the hip and body joints are really strong.

The head guns on VF-25S appears to be soft plastic. Is it the same on VF-25F?

still, we havent seen the neck for ozma's VF-25...& to add to the lists of design flaws, the bendy head lasers (maybe choice of materials would be more appropriate),...not to mention the urkel knees & stubby front landing gear...urgh! my eyess!! :angry:

Well I do agree the head lasers should of been made of some really tough plastic or metal. Straight and hard is the way I like my head lasers. If that's as far as the VF-25S neck is going to extend I can only imagine how not hot the possible fully armored version will look.

Ahh... very disappointed with the 25S. Interestingly, this pose makes it look as though the head is higher than the chest, but too bad the angle doesn't allow us to see if the neck shows.

016-30.jpg

Nevertheless the head looks dorky and too cheap. Argh.

Edited by rikiryou

Huh, seeing it next to that 1/60 VF-1 it looks smaller than I expected.

If it had the hips in the right place it would tower over the VF-1, but the way bandai built it it's 2 cm or so short of its real height.

Are the back of the legs supposed to be so round? In the model they are more angular. Poor show Bandai, poor show.

I seriously don't know if I still want it. There is just so much wrong with it. Damn Bandai monopoly.