Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

I will somehow have to get both. Luca to display in Fighter mode and Mikael in Battroid mode.

Exactly what I was thinking! Except that my Mikael will be displayed in Clean configuration and I'll find some way for my Banpresto Klan Klang to wear the Super packs!

Why are they always on their tip-toes in those gerwalk pics. Just lazy transformation or are they trying to hide the poor angle in gerwalk.

It is interesting but damn, does this look great or what?!

TOY-RBT-0533_03.jpg

I think it is freakin Sweet!

From the pictures, it looks like the RVF-25 is going to be another neckless Battroid. Not that it would matter much since I think most people would want to display it in fighter mode. Also, it is displayed in Gerwalk with the fully extended in this picture:

post-10385-1232397154_thumb.jpg

1/48 is small enough! :)

Enough with your 1/48 fanaticism! Everybody knows that 1/60 is where it's at! Get with the times! To paraphrase Abe Simpson: You used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what you are with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to you.

^_^

... i just want an extremely large in-scale macross figure to be made by bandai like what hasbro did with the large millenium falcon that used to hang in toys r us' ...

Sure.

If Bandai / Tamashii sells its Macross products like candy, Bandai will sell a massive VF.

For example, the largest figure of Sagittarius, 60cm tall:

20081111091117476jpgon2.th.jpg

105.000Yen

20081111091128324jpgrk3.th.jpg

This is the policy of a Bandai customer:

"If we buy all the figures produced by Bandai, in the end they produce what I want" :wacko::lol:

Trust me, I'm suffering with my MythCloth collection. Where are the first armor BANDAIIII? :angry:

Edited by alfye

Enough with your 1/48 fanaticism! Everybody knows that 1/60 is where it's at! Get with the times! To paraphrase Abe Simpson: You used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what you are with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to you.

^_^

I love that quote!

However 1/48 is where IT IS AT!!!! I personally love the 1/48 the most. It is big. The sculpt is fantastic and looks great in all modes. It does not have those wimpy 1/60 v.2 legs and high heel looking feet. Most importantly though is that it is in scale with the plethora of model supplies, model kits and what have you that are available from many companies in 1/48 so it is perfect for accurate looking dioramas and even the use of O scale RR stuff and 1/43 and 1/50 die cast stuff can be squeezed in.

From the pictures, it looks like the RVF-25 is going to be another neckless Battroid. Not that it would matter much since I think most people would want to display it in fighter mode. Also, it is displayed in Gerwalk with the fully extended in this picture:

Both the RVF and the 25G looks neck less.

I love that quote!

However 1/48 is where IT IS AT!!!! I personally love the 1/48 the most. It is big. The sculpt is fantastic and looks great in all modes. It does not have those wimpy 1/60 v.2 legs and high heel looking feet. Most importantly though is that it is in scale with the plethora of model supplies, model kits and what have you that are available from many companies in 1/48 so it is perfect for accurate looking dioramas and even the use of O scale RR stuff and 1/43 and 1/50 die cast stuff can be squeezed in.

Ezackly! 1/48 looks best with my stuff... If there was a 1/48 Koenig, it would OWN! Not to mention, it'd have to stand NEXT to my display. Bigger... Is.... BETTER!

TOY_RBT_0534_06.jpg

Looks like plenty of neck to me.

The "tiptoe" look has been pretty consistently done in the various show displays of the '25 in gerwalk as it approached release, so I think it's a purposeful aesthetic choice. I personally think it looks quite good that way, and fairly fitting with the "hover" purpose of the gerwalk mode. I do the same (clicking the feet in a few spaces) to my V2.0 VF-1A as well to give it a more "on its toes" look as opposed to a more static, flatfooted display.

Sofar I have contained my urges to buy the DX line. They have grown on me though but Yamato pumping out realeases will keep these toys on my to buy list for a while. However several Japanese shipping sites like HJL no longer have supplies of the Alto and Ozma models. I'm not familiar with the release schedules of Bandai. Would there be more suplies in the near future? Or is it waiting on Bandai to produce more in a few years time?

bandai would probably be the company that can pull off a 1/60 monster or koenig but i doubt they will. maybe a 1/72 or 1/100 monster or koenig from them is possible.

I got to thining about this realistically and considering non existing toy budget and have decided to just get the Luca DX for now and wait on the Machkail version. I just cant drop $400+ at once. I cant even do the $200 but will make it happen anyway to get the Luca.

Luca's Recon messiah is the Elintseeker of the new millenium. Cant miss that. Then there is the RVF-171EX which will be nice too if they ever make it.

I think Luca's VF-25 has the Elintseeker and Mikhail's 25 all sorts of trumped for cool factor, I'm with Miriya. If they're making a bonus super pack that includes a Ghost then this thing is just all sorts of MacF awesomeness (even if I expect the Ghost would be a pretty lame representation). Now, Mikhail was a cooler character but if I'm getting just one of the mechs? Definitely the greenie.

I think Luca's VF-25 has the Elintseeker and Mikhail's 25 all sorts of trumped for cool factor, I'm with Miriya. If they're making a bonus super pack that includes a Ghost then this thing is just all sorts of MacF awesomeness (even if I expect the Ghost would be a pretty lame representation). Now, Mikhail was a cooler character but if I'm getting just one of the mechs? Definitely the greenie.

I've been having that same thought for quite a while now, ever since I saw the low res pics of Lucas. While Michael was just a better character than Lucas, the RVF-25 just looks cooler, and I find that the more muted and less contrasting color scheme on the RVF looks extremely good, especially with the fast packs.

That said, if I was able to squeeze out more cash, I'd be sure to get the VF-25G!

cool new pics.

i'll get both G and RVF since both have the Super Packs bundled w/ the valks... would've gotten the Alto if Bandai had included the FP's in the first place... still hoping they will eventually.

i keep forgetting... do stands come w/ the G and RVF?

I think I have read that there will be more releases of the alto and ozma valks. I really want to get the ozma but the prices have gone through the roof! I am betting pricing will come down again.

after the vf-25g, rvf-25, and armor, bandai should do the vf-27, vf-171, and maybe a 1/60 vajra and koenig. or do anything not released to be done in 1/72 scale.

Well after the VF-25 they are releasing Macross Quarter, so probably have to wait after the Quarter have been released and see what they will do next

Well after the VF-25 they are releasing Macross Quarter, so probably have to wait after the Quarter have been released and see what they will do next

Really? When is the Quarter being released? Do you have any pics to share?

No pics, pricing or release date for the Macross Quarter toy have been released yet.

All we know is that it is coming and IIRC that it will be somewhere around 20cm tall.

Graham

Thanks. Thats what I thought. It just sounded like ntsan had some insider information or something. We need a spy in Bandai to leak some juicy prototype photos for us of the Quarter.

Sofar I have contained my urges to buy the DX line. They have grown on me though but Yamato pumping out realeases will keep these toys on my to buy list for a while. However several Japanese shipping sites like HJL no longer have supplies of the Alto and Ozma models. I'm not familiar with the release schedules of Bandai. Would there be more suplies in the near future? Or is it waiting on Bandai to produce more in a few years time?

I'm not sure how this DX line will fare once the movie comes out, since SK has indicated that the movie designs will be changed. Otoh, Bandai may always re-issue these.

IIRC, Eyebrows has only indicated that there may be some slight visual changes. I wouldn't expect anything too drastic.

Graham

Still, I wish that would give Bandai a reason to re-release with a better design (necks anyone?).