Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

Is that place good? I just placed the last reserves for Michelle's.

Hobby Link Japan also opens preorder for reissue VF-25F.

Overdrives still closes this item, maybe it will open later.

Edited by shinjizh

Overdrive sent me a reply about the possible VF-25F restock.

We're asking for numbers before we re-take orders for them. Should be

able to retake orders in a few days. By the way if your wondering it

will not be sold at that $102.99 price. That was placed over 6 months

ago and isn't realistic considering the current exchange rate. The price

will be closer to $130

Yes, its OK, but they only acept EMS Shipping

cool. thank you. i prefer ems anyway. (Need to track it like a

hawk).

now does anyone else think a 1/60 vf-25 should really be closer

in size to the sv-51? they're very simular in design except

the arms are on the outside and both their bodies fold over

itself, even the shape of the nose is pretty much the same.

anyway i'm refering more to the jet mode.

(i know they've downsized since the vf-0.) just a thought.

Edited by Negotiator

Heh the way he displays his gatling cannon is as per the model kit. Nice fight with EVA-01! What series of toy is that? And the nice shout out to Spock :p I guess wizatar really likes 'Lion'. Also from the video you can see how the Super pack VF-25 will be screwed up in Gerwalk mode-- the arms are directly in front of the wing fences, which means that they get in the way of the pods of the Super pack. I really like the group shot of all the Skull squadron leader planes! Overall, great review!

For those of you that got your VF-25 DX from HLJ, how much was the shipping? Since the box is som much smaller than a Yammie, just curious if shipping was less.

Chris

For those of you that got your VF-25 DX from HLJ, how much was the shipping? Since the box is som much smaller than a Yammie, just curious if shipping was less.

Chris

it was about a month ago, i can kind of remember the total which was

$160-165 with ems s/h.. that's including the intl transaction fee bank of america

charged me which was around $10 & took a week to arrive to cali.

I think I've been transforming mine wrong, but the way mine turns out, the head clears the chest plate pretty easily, and the shoulders stay level. On the downside, the torso looks a little shorter than it should be, and the head doesn't quite clear the shoulders.

vf254tq0.jpg

vf255zn9.jpg

Why on earth would anyone ever want them to remain exclusive? Is it just so you can feel rewarded for going through a third party source to get an item that is clearly highly sought after and should have been mass produced in the first place? Doesn't the fact that Bandai reopened preorders for the Super packs just prove that more people want them?

See the benefit of the web exclusives in that you get the super packs before everyone else.

If the super packs get a combo pack rerelease maybe 3 months after the movie would you still bitch around?

I mean for the target group, the japanese, it's just a forced preorder part. They don't market to non-japanese so your plight in getting them for double the mrsp from some random guy on the internet is not their concern.

Besides web shop exclusive really is only limited in the widest definition of the word. I mean I order everything online, does that make everything exclusive?

Edited by DarkReaper

Will VF-25S Ozma type be also reissued?

No information now, maybe reissue during movie edition season.

Hope they will not change painting style in movie edition.

FYI.

HLJ is in stock....

Edited by shinjizh

I think I've been transforming mine wrong, but the way mine turns out, the head clears the chest plate pretty easily, and the shoulders stay level. On the downside, the torso looks a little shorter than it should be, and the head doesn't quite clear the shoulders.

Yea you did-- the left leg fin is folded in like it should, but the right leg is not ^_^

Otherwise, it looks fine. The proportions of the DX are not the same as the show or the model kit so the torso is the right size.

shinjizh: I'd bet on a re-colour if not a redesign. It's the perfect way for all those who already bought the DX toy to buy them again =)

whoa that's cool. never knew these were packed in styrofoam. I thought they were with those clear plastic trays like so many other figures these days.

No information now, maybe reissue during movie edition season.

Hope they will not change painting style in movie edition.

FYI.

HLJ is in stock....

If Bandai does reissue the VF-25S Ozma type, I hope they will use the opportunity to re-design the neck, which is not unlikely these days.

I hope we get new sculpts. I so excited when the DX was announced but since I saw the pictures of the almost final product looked like all excitement went away.

I have grown accustomed to the look of DX's now. However, I am more inclined to wait to see if there would be a new model from the movie.

That's VERY likely. And I believe the designs would be largely improved then.

That's VERY likely. And I believe the designs would be largely improved then.

Right on to the first, maybe not for the second-- if the goal of the DX was for playability, cost and durability over looks, the popularity of the VF-25F and the VF-25S DX versions so far would probably indicate to Bandai that they succeeded. In which case, I believe that they would stay with largely the same chunkyness instead of going for the Yamato approach.

Right on to the first, maybe not for the second-- if the goal of the DX was for playability, cost and durability over looks, the popularity of the VF-25F and the VF-25S DX versions so far would probably indicate to Bandai that they succeeded. In which case, I believe that they would stay with largely the same chunkyness instead of going for the Yamato approach.

don't forget that bandai is the only game in town for the vf-25

for vf-1 : would you get bandai or yamato ???

:p

Let's just say that this success is due to crazy fans who just need a vf-25 toy at the moment

It's not like you have a lot of options. The model will fall apart if you play with it too much and the 1/100 might be too small and has similar visual deficiencies as the DX. Monopolies are a bitch.

That the VF-25S is still available and in stock at HLJ might be an indicator though that it's not as good as could be.

Also, most who have bought the DX seem to have a love/hate relationship with it. And in contrast to Yamato it includes both QC and design issues.

The amount of broken shoulder screws approaches the 1/60 VF-1 broken shoulder hinges.

[edit]Right on Ghostkiller[/edit]

Edited by DarkReaper

The DX's broken shoulder screws seem to be isolated cases.

Whereas the broken VF-1 hinges happened to a lot more people.

I hope that it is completely fixed for the VF-1D.

It's not like you have a lot of options. The model will fall apart if you play with it too much and the 1/100 might be too small and has similar visual deficiencies as the DX. Monopolies are a bitch.

That the VF-25S is still available and in stock at HLJ might be an indicator though that it's not as good as could be.

Also, most who have bought the DX seem to have a love/hate relationship with it. And in contrast to Yamato it includes both QC and design issues.

The amount of broken shoulder screws approaches the 1/60 VF-1 broken shoulder hinges.

[edit]Right on Ghostkiller[/edit]

Only the 25S is currently available at HLJ (and in limited quantities at that). If you want a 25F you're looking at about $190 on average through the secondary market. The numbers say, for better or for worse, that the DX has done well. The fact that they are reissuing it just a few months after the initial release illustrates that. I would bet that the only changes we see, if any, are small fixes (like maybe the torsion on the screws), I would be very suprised if there are any major changes which would cost a lot more to fix through production (like neck length unfortunately). If and when there are more significant changes to the design in the film, then I suspect they will probably release that as a separate variant later.

Also, the number of broken shoulder screw cases that I've read about I can count on one hand, where as the number of whole forums dedicated to defective Yamatos is still way in the majority.