Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

How on earth do they attach to the DX toy?

Blu-Tack? Crazy glue? Spit? Hidden magnets in the wings that we don't know about? New replacement wings? Over-wing clips ala the old missiles from the 1/55 Strike Valk? I hope they will work with all the DX, not just the VF-25G & RVF-25.

Blu-Tack? Crazy glue? Spit? Hidden magnets in the wings that we don't know about? New replacement wings? Over-wing clips ala the old missiles from the 1/55 Strike Valk? I hope they will work with all the DX, not just the VF-25G & RVF-25.

has anyone actually checked to see if the wings might have magnets or metal in them?

wondering how many of each missile will come with the set? I'm guessing 2 of each type.

From the old DX thread.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&p=681859

「ルカ機専用『ゴースト』×1」「反応弾×4」「ミサイル3種×2」

Translates to:

Luca set: Ghost x1, Reaction Missiles x4, Missiles (3 types) x2
Edited by IXTL

Just tried your method & it works great. Stable & higher. Ozma's chin now actually doesn't touch the top of the chest plate for the first time. 2 pics attached

Can someone post a better description or perhaps photos of how to do this, I don't have the toy with me now, and I don't really understand the directions.

Great pics negotiator!

Boo about the standing Ranka-- a cockpit Ranka would have been nice to re-create the scenes where she is in Alto's VF, or Brera's VF(when released) as well as covering up any lack of detail that seems quite likely based on Bandai's pilot figures.

I just ran my VF-0s leg super pack over the wings... andddd.... no magnet. Not even a piece of iron or steel that would indicate that the exclusive parts would have magnets. Oh well. If they really do come with over-wing clips, I'm going to have to fashion some removable method of attachment that doesn't look that ugly then. On the bright side, it looks like there will be enough missiles to outfit all four valks at once if you buy more than 1 Ghost. I would have thought that they would release the reaction missiles together with the Armoured pack or something though.

I was just thinking, since the Ranka figure is not likely to fit in the cockpit and is probably for just displaying by itself outside of a valkyrie, was there ever mention that the missiles would definitely attach to the fighter? As lame as it would be, maybe the missiles with Luca's set aren't meant to attach anywhere and just there for display like:

may-dh-page-1.jpg

I was just thinking, since the Ranka figure is not likely to fit in the cockpit and is probably for just displaying by itself outside of a valkyrie, was there ever mention that the missiles would definitely attach to the fighter? As lame as it would be, maybe the missiles with Luca's set aren't meant to attach anywhere and just there for display like:

Highly unlikely that the missiles would not attach.

However it is possible that the missiles will be exclusive to the Luca ship. IOW the missiles will only attach to Luca's ship and not to Alto or Ozma's.

may-dh-page-1.jpg

"On your shore... I swear..."

-Pulse, Sharon Apple (Yoko Kanno)

"On your shore... I swear..."

-Pulse, Sharon Apple (Yoko Kanno)

Why was Plus so much deeper than all the other Macrosses >_> Maybe it was cause it was OAV? But Zero was terrible! >_>

Why was Plus so much deeper than all the other Macrosses >_> Maybe it was cause it was OAV? But Zero was terrible! >_>

Plus was deep because Sharon didn't just have the concert goers mesmerized, but you as well :)

I still have Info High playing in my head, years later. :)

"If we get the transient facts, then we'll feel the Info High!"

-Sharon Apple, Macross Plus

Shinjizh: We'll cross that bridge when we come to it! If I'm not wrong, there will be two points of articulation on that particular Super Pack part-- so that it can fit nicely in fighter mode and display properly in Battroid mode, so you should be able to hinge the Super part so that it looks ok, even with the shoulders like that.

Vifam7: That would really suck if true.

I agree! After I have my model made my urge for the DX ceased to a level that I can wait in peace for the price to go under US$100.

The models look THAT good. It doesn't take a veteran to make it look good either.

Hy guys! First of all, please forgive my english :p .

I´m an absolute NOOB with model kits...but I´ve heard lots of comments in the same way, the bandai 1/72 doesn´t take a veteran skills to make it look good... so I´m considering give it a try... but I´m so scared about scratching water decals on transforming kits... and so many doubts about paneling (being a yamato fan, stickers and sharp pencils is the only customization I know)...

There´s any step by step tutorial about bandai 1/72 kits? with the good price of all them, they´re growing on me... but so complex I´m a bit intimidated.

Any of you have the 1/60 DX toy and the model kit? would you recommend one over another?

Any information would be MUCH appreciated, meanwhile I´ll be here waiting and sitting on my doubts :lol:

Pics would be awesome. Thanks!

Hi and welcome to MW. I recommend you to go check the model kit section for info on the Bandai Kits, this is the DX toy thread, not the model kit one.

People have different tastes, some will prefer the toy over the kit as it is sturdier and it comes in a box totally finished, others will prefer the model as it is more accurate have better proportions and... well... it IS better in all ways except playability and the fact you have to built it.

Check both threads and take your own conclusions. Feel free to PM me if you want more info on this issue, I have both toys and models

And your english seems to be fine.

Hy guys! First of all, please forgive my english :p .

I´m an absolute NOOB with model kits...but I´ve heard lots of comments in the same way, the bandai 1/72 doesn´t take a veteran skills to make it look good... so I´m considering give it a try... but I´m so scared about scratching water decals on transforming kits... and so many doubts about paneling (being a yamato fan, stickers and sharp pencils is the only customization I know)...

There´s any step by step tutorial about bandai 1/72 kits? with the good price of all them, they´re growing on me... but so complex I´m a bit intimidated.

Any of you have the 1/60 DX toy and the model kit? would you recommend one over another?

Any information would be MUCH appreciated, meanwhile I´ll be here waiting and sitting on my doubts :lol:

Pics would be awesome. Thanks!

No worries about decaling, you can just use the stickers provided by Bandai. As for Panel lining, if you want to do it quick and easy, go google Pro-Modeller's Panelling wash. It is a simple, water based wash that works even on bare plastic.

I have both the DX toy and the model kit, and like their classification suggests, if you want something for display, go with the model kit. If you want to play with it, go for the DX. If you don't like the DX, you may want to wait for the movie to be released-- Bandai will definitely release new toys for the movie and there might be improvements.

There are plenty of pics all around the forums, just check out some of the older versions of this thread.

Welcome to MW!

Shinjizh: We'll cross that bridge when we come to it! If I'm not wrong, there will be two points of articulation on that particular Super Pack part-- so that it can fit nicely in fighter mode and display properly in Battroid mode, so you should be able to hinge the Super part so that it looks ok, even with the shoulders like that.

Yes, you are right, but we need to know how we can adjust it.

Anyway, the answer will be here after March.

More stock images of the exclusvie 25S Super Pack from Tamashii Web Shop.

Late March - early April release.

4,000yen.

Available only to Japanese residents through the web shop (or for non Japanese customers, through retailers able to order from the web shop, e.g. Overdrive, Tokyo Hunter etc.). Orders opened on Jan 27 and close on Mar 2.

88541688gb5.jpg

98405871cs6.jpg

Edited by IXTL

If you're content with casually handling the VF-25 and favoring appearance most, get the model. If you want something to play with but can accept that it looks different than the anime(not just because it is a toy, but because of the obviously different direction that Kawamori/Bandai went with), buy the toy.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0