Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

VF-25S released?! Scroll down after clicking the link!

Well that made me finally pull the trigger (well that and i finally got to see MF i've been watching it since friday night). this will be my x-mas gift to myself that i get early next year LMAO.

I hope alto is around next time i have money to spend on these (march).

So it's official then. Ozuma has no neck.

No it isn't, we haven't seen it out of the box transformed yet outside of publicity shots, though I imagine we should very soon.

Pics of Ozma in box, but where?s Alto? They are coming out at the same time, aren't they? I preordered Alto on BBTS and I want it!

Alto is out too but the guy only bought Ozma.

Higher?

Earlier in this thread, someone noted that "if the legs go any higher, then his thighs would be touching where hist chest would be if he were human" - aka - that they should be lower :(

You're mixing modes. The legs are too high in battroid, but too low in fighter. It has "leg placement problems" in both modes, in different ways. (I.E. they're really screwed up)

Well - what is Bandai's history in terms of photographing its' own transforming figures? I ask because if you recall, Hasbo is famous for not knowing how to transform its' own transformers (or at least hiring ad agencies without caring if the people taking the pictures know how to transform the product). Maybe Ozma got the same shoddy treatment and it actually went on the package?

Hard to believe - but then again - I am only used to looking at Bandai promotional material for SOC - .....

In any event - the mold of the VF-25s is all the same, no? Sure, the heads are different - but there is no reason for Ozma not to have a neck but Mikhael to have one.

Pete

Well - what is Bandai's history in terms of photographing its' own transforming figures? I ask because if you recall, Hasbo is famous for not knowing how to transform its' own transformers (or at least hiring ad agencies without caring if the people taking the pictures know how to transform the product). Maybe Ozma got the same shoddy treatment and it actually went on the package?

Hard to believe - but then again - I am only used to looking at Bandai promotional material for SOC - .....

Among Japanese fans Bandai seems to have a similar rep of not knowing how to appropriately display their wares.

That said, I think what you're seeing right now is what we'll be getting.

In any event - the mold of the VF-25s is all the same, no? Sure, the heads are different - but there is no reason for Ozma not to have a neck but Mikhael to have one.

It's possible that the neck has been shortened on Ozma's ship. Unknown as to the reasons why. Kawamori's preference? To facilitate transformation? It is odd that Alto and Michel's VFs have one but Ozma's doesn't. At least according to what we see in the photos.

As has been mentioned--the chest and back plates on each VF-25 is different to accomodate the different shapes of the heads. Or at least, they SHOULD be. They are on the 1/72 kit, but don't seem to be on the 1/60 DX. IMHO this is part of the reason's Ozma's looks how it does---it has an Alto-style collar/chest piece, and lacks the "cut-out" that an Ozma-style should. Anyone who has both an Alto and Ozma kit can compare chest pieces and note that the upper edge near the neck is different. I mean, they even transform differently there---Alto's head does a 180, Ozma's does not. The surrounding structures should be altered to accomodate that difference, but only the 1/72 does.

I'm gonna call foul about the VF-25S DX being out already.

I just checked the Yahoo Japan auction site, which is an excellent resource to learn if a toy has actually been released and no box pics are showing up yet.

Whoever posted those pics is probably just somebody who has connections with either Bandai or the factory that's making them.

Graham

I think it may be the emperor's birthday on the 24th which is a national holiday.

So maybe the Emperor is a big Macross Frontier fan, and Bandai just gave him Ozma for an early birthday present - and now he's posting pics on the internet being like "nya nya look what I got" :) ?

Pete