Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

Gah!!! I have to admit the Ozma DX (fighter mode) is really starting to grow on me. If the legs can move up another notch I may have to take the plunge.

Chris

That Ozma is just too cool to pass up, the paint scheme and the cow skull just rock. F alto's, it's just too plain. And I could really care less for the fast packs. The vf-25 is a pretty bird all on its own, no need to mess it up with anything else.

post-509-1229669411_thumb.jpg

Edited by Spiff

so other than overdrive who has sold out of preorders for the 1/60's, anyone found another place to buy thats not too expensive? Im importing to Australia, was hoping that angolz would hve it but no. Really wanted overdrive but they have sold out completely!!

HLJ costs as much as o.drive with shipping ! and they dont price match... and suckky dollar exchange rate helps nothing..

might have to pass on these.... as much as I want them!

I'm just here to represent the old man rocking chair contingent of "You kids don't know how good you got it with all these valks these days. In my day we used to DREAM of having valks to complain about."

Quiet old man! All we have now is greeedy evil companies sucking the money out of our very veins as they peddle us below par products! Ah for the days when Harmony Gold ruled supreme and there was no Robotech on TV anywhere except southern California and somewhere in Texas, and finding a Robotech toy in my local department store was as likely as finding a love letter from Meghan Fox in my mailbox tomorrow.

On top of all that - where are the Alpha fighters and Beta fighters in Macross Frontier? Why did they go back to using a slightly modified version of the older Veritech?

Pete

On top of all that - where are the Alpha fighters and Beta fighters in Macross Frontier? Why did they go back to using a slightly modified version of the older Veritech?

Pete

Well I wonder the same thing for Beetle and Mini too! Why can't they create another new icon instead of refreshing the same old..

Just after they release the 1:1 inflatable Misa doll in cute skirt and red sweater an the "dishwasher Misa" and "Going to the premiere of Shao Pai Lon" Misa.

Pete

Oh come on, give me better odds than that at least! Please? Pretty please? It doesn't even have to be a castoff!

Ok, how about a revoltech then?

And aren't the varja just some sort of super-invid that detected Frontier's protoculture?

Vostok 7

I'm just here to represent the old man rocking chair contingent of "You kids don't know how good you got it with all these valks these days. In my day we used to DREAM of having valks to complain about." <_<

Yeah! All we had were CONVERTORS... and models like Axoid and Vexar... and Jetfire's funky colors to complain about! And we LOVED it!

Kids these days....! :p

Actually kids these days have it worse off than we had it when we were kids. Know why?

Because when we were kids the top of the line toys were also affordable. Transformers, Robotech, GI JOE, TMNT etc etc- these were the best toys on the market and generaly sold at prices that kids could get out of their allowance (I remember saving my weekly allowance to buy the TF Devastator set for 12 USD at our local Zayres [then competitor of Sears]) - it took me about two months to save up... Or kids could also get their parents to agree to buy it.

Nowadays, as "great" as lots of kids' toys are and as advanced - they still SUCK compared to adult collectibles which are not only out of the financial reach of a kids' allowance but also not likely to be bought by parents on a casual day...

So -we had the best of all worlds. Kids today don't have it as good.

Now where's my DX Bandai? :)

Pete

Yeah, look at transformers... it certainly come a long way (compare G1 to Universe 2.0 there is huge improvement, especially articulation)

:lol: I think there was more articulation in one tiny CyberJet than in most of the G1 offerings combined :lol:

Vostok 7

Yeah, and that deluxe Voltron was super expensive in the day too. I remember my mom bought it for me but she insisted I treat it like gold because how much she paid for it. I believe Omega Supreme, that giant decepticon tyrannosaurus rex that transformed into a base, and the giant Transformer that was himself a futuristic city base, all got similar treatment.

I put some cash aside as soon as I knew Bandai were coming out with the 25's and pre-ordered the Alto and Ozma from BBTS before the price went up. I've got a few things from them in the past and they've always been good. I also bit the bullet and ordered the super pack from over-drive (I figured if I was going to shell out so much on these things I should do it properly or not at all).

On a related note, I am enjoying 'chili' ramen noodles this week. I find alternating flavors helps. :lol:

I own some Yamatos, but I honestly prefer Bandais because of the sturdiness, and I like to play with them often. Of course, I would prefer them to be a bit more line-accurate (hence my Yamato purchases), and the VF-17 could lose the gut on fighter mode,and God knows a few more points of articulation would make a lot of difference, but as well as being a huge fan of the various macross incarnations, I really admire the engineering that goes into making a transformable action figure. The Bandai transformation process has always been 'perfect' (give or take a heat-shield), and living in an earthquake zone has reinforced my appreciation for tough designs. I'm holding on to that thin thread of hope that the S does in fact have a neck lurking somewhere in it's admittedly burly shoulders.

At the very least, Bandai appear to be trying to make an effort - they have shifted to 1:60 scale to tie-in to a majority of valks recently, and they do look to be of a better standard of accuracy than the VF1's and M7 releases (the inclusion of pilots for a start). Hell, even the landing gears don't look so bad when you look at them next to the 17's! No, I fully admit they don't look 100% anime accurate, but being a fan of the Chunky VF-1's I'm willing to give them a shot.

All that said, if the QC sucks, I'm going to be REALLY pissed! Like, $400 worth of pissed! :mellow:

So come on Bandai, don't screw this up! VF-25's FTW!!!

If the legs can't sit any higher in fighter mode, I'll still have to pass. I'll wait for a review to see if they've just been too lazy to push the legs up any higher

Higher?

Earlier in this thread, someone noted that "if the legs go any higher, then his thighs would be touching where hist chest would be if he were human" - aka - that they should be lower :(

I think it looks wicked sweet. Gonna have to get me those alto super packs...no matter the cost! (krrr-chk-krr-krrr-chk...."YOU GOT THE TOUCH! YOU GOT THE POWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR............YYYYEEEEAAAAAH!!)...sh$t...sorry...childhood memories kicked in :)

Pete

Real life has kept me away from MW for too long so, I hope I can use this thread to get up-to-speed on these. Is the super pack a limited release -- thought I read it in one of the other threads.

Yep, avaibale only from a couple of Japanese sites IIRC.

I think the super packs make it look better truthfully. I'm already set though to want the Michael VF-25G with super packs in March though.