Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

So true so true.

Never forget: Everyone on Macrossworld is an expert about everything they talk about. Having not seen the anime, move or not having played with, owned or even seen the toy/model/action figure in real life makes no difference. They are also impeccable financial experts, and experts about development and production time and production material cost and use. Also, keep this in mind: Every new movie sucks, every new anime is exactly the same as an old anime, and every toy from Yamato sucks and will break within seconds of removing it from the box despite several people who've owned them and never had problems. And finally, Gundam either sucks or is the best mecha anime ever. There is no middle ground.

Vostok 7

Well you pretty much just summed up everyone that's on these boards lol. I always have to measure my words and at least act like I know what Im talking about because there's always some jackass trying to argue or be a troll... The gamefaqs message boards are no different. Everybody has opinions but you know what they say... they're like ass holes and everybody has em.

You know what I do with threads now-a-days? I click on the newest page, scroll scroll scroll scroll....no new pics? Exit. Too much bitching and back and forth jabs by too many collectors lately, and I am finding it rather sad.

LOL toy collectors are an insecure lot... They always feel the need to argue or try to front an arrogant attitude to make up for their real life insecurity... You know the fact that IRL they are not much different from the "40 year old virgin"...

Also, keep this in mind: Every new movie sucks, every new anime is exactly the same as an old anime, and every toy from Yamato sucks and will break within seconds of removing it from the box despite several people who've owned them and never had problems.

The Yamato sucks crowd is a very small minority compared to the majority of dedicated Yamato fans on this board. Everyone can agree with that.

And thankfully they are most frequent in the DX thread, one thread which i mostly ignore, as i've already reserved my opinion the DX sucks, and they could have done much better. Dissapointed mostly. I had high hopes! Bring on the Quarter that's all i'm gonna say. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

And aren't you glad. :p Should add (mostly ignore)

I know majority of ppl here have been burned by Yamato, i'm not ignorant to the fact, just sometimes the whole yamato sucks viva la Bandai

stuff gets a tad annoying, when alot of ppl here haven't been burnt as badly as some. Both companies are as bad as each other. Yamato with

their craptastic QC, and now Bandai with laziness, and annoyances like exclusives for fast packs (and armours too eventually?)

Yes yamato is guilty of exclusives too... sucks to all.

:edited (viva and mostly ignored)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I know majority of ppl here have been burned by Yamato, i'm not ignorant to the fact, just sometimes the whole yamato sucks via la Bandai

The only reason that happened is because some members decided to post that Bandai sucks compared to Yamato.

stuff gets a tad annoying, when alot of ppl here haven't been burnt as badly as some.

It doesn't change the fact that a lot of people here have had broken parts, myself included. No one is denying that Bandai toys have broken in the past, but there are nowhere near as many breakages compared to Yamato.

now Bandai with laziness, and annoyances like exclusives for fast packs (and armours too eventually?)

If Bandai chose to make the DX toys based off of either Kawamori's decision or his sketches that we haven't seen yet, that is not laziness, that is just going in a different direction than anime accurate. If Yamato had done that, some people would say "well that is neat that they are doing this, Bandai hasn't done that with Macross, man I'm glad Bandai doesn't have the Frontier license! And pshh...you want that anorexic VF-25, well go to Wonderfest or a garage company or wait for SHE to make one". As for FAST packs and exclusive armors, if Bandai keeps them exclusive then people like me would be mad because that makes obtaining those parts more expensive and harder to obtain. If not, there is nothing to complain about, we still don't know if they will remain exclusives, or later be offered in mass market. Most fans here, and you cannot deny this as this has always proven right over the years, are willing to give Yamato the benefit of the doubt. I see no reason why Bandai cannot be given the benefit of the doubt.

The only reason that happened is because some members decided to post that Bandai sucks compared to Yamato.

It doesn't change the fact that a lot of people here have had broken parts, myself included. No one is denying that Bandai toys have broken in the past, but there are nowhere near as many breakages compared to Yamato.

If Bandai chose to make the DX toys based off of either Kawamori's decision or his sketches that we haven't seen yet, that is not laziness, that is just going in a different direction than anime accurate. If Yamato had done that, some people would say "well that is neat that they are doing this, Bandai hasn't done that with Macross, man I'm glad Bandai doesn't have the Frontier license! And pshh...you want that anorexic VF-25, well go to Wonderfest or a garage company or wait for SHE to make one". As for FAST packs and exclusive armors, if Bandai keeps them exclusive then people like me would be mad because that makes obtaining those parts more expensive and harder to obtain. If not, there is nothing to complain about, we still don't know if they will remain exclusives, or later be offered in mass market. Most fans here, and you cannot deny this as this has always proven right over the years, are willing to give Yamato the benefit of the doubt. I see no reason why Bandai cannot be given the benefit of the doubt.

lets be fair, when yamato deviates in the slightest from the anime they get burned. Lets not forget the huge poo storm that went on about the CF vf-0 color was changed from the anime to the grey it is now. No one said, "that's neat" except maybe Graham (:p) And even when we got word that it was Kawamori himself that made the changes, most of us told him to frak off and release the color we saw.

similar attention was paid to the base color on the sv-51 nora and then when some photos came out much gnashing of teeth on the gold used for the markings.

There are comparisons made between the line drawing and blurry partial undated CAD shots, and sometimes comparisons made against altered images from fan sites that we think look better.

Does yamato get the benefit of the doubt, yes... but it's hardly the shits and giggles you're making it out to be.

... so "sh!t" gets turned into "poo" but "shits" is okay?

Edited by eugimon

I find it really amazing that some people can cause a giant sh*t storm in the VF-11 thread about something not being anime accurate and then come here and be like "well it's cool cause it might be based on some sketches".

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

I find it really amazing that some people can cause a giant sh*t storm in the VF-11 thread about something not being anime accurate and then come here and be like "well it's cool cause it might be based on some sketches".

I would just like to say that I've been consistently b*tching about how inaccurate and ass ugly both look (that's right, I said it, the VF-11 Fails too, and so does the YF-19 :p )

If the VF-25 had tiny tailfins, I wouldn't think that would be cool. I think the DX VF-25 looks good, it appeals to me because I wasn't the biggest fan of how the 25 looked in the anime, especially the battroid mode. What I am doing is giving Bandai the benefit of the doubt, this is their first VF-25 toy, and it is obvious they can do anime accurate just by looking at their model kit. It is obvious that there is another reason why they didn't take this approach with the toys, because even the 1/100 version which can easily accomodate an accurate hip piece, doesn't. If you wanted an anime accurate VF-25 toy, I can understand why you would be disappointed, however to claim that Bandai made the 25 toy the way it is on account of laziness and ineptness is a huge assumption, but one quickly assumed here. The main reason I pointed out the tiny tail fins on the VF-11 are because I am a big fan of the VF-11 as it appears in the anime. 8 years ago Yamato came out with their first Macross Plus toys in 1/72 scale, the 1/60 versions made recently of the YF-19 and YF-21 are huge steps over their previous efforts. Now the VF-11? Yes it is a step up, but not a huge step. Specifically the tailfins, which are important for it's fighter mode.

So I find it amazing that people think I complained about the VF-11's small tail fins just because I gave Bandai the benefit of the doubt with the VF-25 toys, considering that I have discussed how the 1/48's fragility is greatly exaggerrated in the past, made numerous polls on which Yamato toys we would like to see next, and have been dedicated to finding a way to fix the

Does yamato get the benefit of the doubt, yes... but it's hardly the shits and giggles you're making it out to be. shoulders on the new 1/60 and determining the exact cause of the shoulder hinges.

The reputation of this site proves otherwise. This isn't an insult, this is the truth.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I would just like to say that I've been consistently b*tching about how inaccurate and ass ugly both look (that's right, I said it, the VF-11 Fails too, and so does the YF-19 :p )

but it doesn't count because you also said something negative about the DX, so no matter how times you've criticized yamato or their products, the one time you're not onboard the bandai fanboy express makes you a devoted yamatophile. For life.

but it doesn't count because you also said something negative about the DX, so no matter how times you've criticized yamato or their products, the one time you're not onboard the bandai fanboy express makes you a devoted yamatophile. For life.

damn, I can't be a equal opportunity hater?

Edited by anime52k8

After just having finished my VF-25S after 5 days of continuous work (which got partly ruined after the first transformation) I can safely say that I will be getting those toys. The lack of durability and stability on the model coupled with unwillingness to see all those hard painstaking hours spent getting everything right go to waste with every second of handling keeps me from actually playing with it.

Guess I will get Alto, Ozma, and Michael in 1/60 and maybe Luca in 1/100.

After just having finished my VF-25S after 5 days of continuous work (which got partly ruined after the first transformation) I can safely say that I will be getting those toys. The lack of durability and stability on the model coupled with unwillingness to see all those hard painstaking hours spent getting everything right go to waste with every second of handling keeps me from actually playing with it.

Guess I will get Alto, Ozma, and Michael in 1/60 and maybe Luca in 1/100.

Well that can't be good... That kit is one of bandai's more expensive models and it still has problems it seems after handling it... Even the lower end gundam kits have a good degree of poseability.

I think its pretty clear that bandai doesn't have the expertise that yamato has... At least they're using more durable materials for the dx chogokin line to avoid breakage and pissed off customers.

Well that can't be good... That kit is one of bandai's more expensive models and it still has problems it seems after handling it... Even the lower end gundam kits have a good degree of poseability.

I think its pretty clear that bandai doesn't have the expertise that yamato has... At least they're using more durable materials for the dx chogokin line to avoid breakage and pissed off customers.

Having made a number of Bandai kits myself, I'm quite confident what he's referring to is the damage to the paint on the transformable 25 kit, something completely unavoidable no matter how hard they try... this shouldn't an issue on a prebuilt toy.

It is in the same price range as most MG Gundam kits and he said nothing about poseability, just durability.

You just contradicted yourself and the last half of your sentence makes the first part redundant.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Yeah poseability is good and the joints are very tight. I am just frustrated about all those decals I painstakingly applied getting destroyed after transforming it. I think I will only use the stickers on my VF-25F and see how they hold up.

While the far better proportions compared to the DX are sweet, the time needed to make them look good is just way too much and then you can never ever transform them or you will get depressed.

In essence I will just keep my models in Battroid and get the toys for everything else. That way I don't have to look at the attrocious dwarfism of the DX.

Yeah poseability is good and the joints are very tight. I am just frustrated about all those decals I painstakingly applied getting destroyed after transforming it. I think I will only use the stickers on my VF-25F and see how they hold up.

While the far better proportions compared to the DX are sweet, the time needed to make them look good is just way too much and then you can never ever transform them or you will get depressed.

In essence I will just keep my models in Battroid and get the toys for everything else. That way I don't have to look at the attrocious dwarfism of the DX.

Edited by transfan52

Yep... If anyone is thinking of the model kit, you have to be aware of a few issues 1) Stickers/Decals coming off-- the white sticker that goes around the crotch piece of my VF-25F has torn because of the way it locks with the arms, and I didn't apply the giant skull logo for my VF-25S because the corners of the horns would be incredibly fragile (didn't really like it anyway) 2) It is practically impossible to transform from Gerwalk/Battroid back to Fighter without leaving huge gaps, especially around the hip guns. What you have to do is detach the legs, pull off the hip gun pieces, squeeze the arms into position (no easy task!), reattach the legs as though you were assembling the model for the first time, and finally attach the hip guns again. This is the reason why I think partsforming for the 1/100 is fine, and I have it on pre-order. (No one shoot me!)

Edit: Page 1 to Page 4 within one night! I'm impressed! We actually might hit 40 pages before the toy is released :p

Edited by edwin3060

Ah the beauty of Macross world...

Go to sleep with there being barely one page in the (3rd) thread on the DX, wake up to find four pages.

Four pages because...

Someone finally got their's?

Bandai issued final product pictures?

Yamato has mind boggingly suddenly also aquired the license and we have prototype pics of their version?

Someone saw the DX as "in stock" somewhere?

No... :)

But seriously - I'm not complaining :) I think that's what makes this place so much fun.

And now, since everyone is repeating everything, I'll repeat myself - just in case someone didn't get it that last 1500 odd posts:

I like both Yamato and Bandai products. I like Bandai's DX. I'm sure Yamato's would maybe have been a bit more streamlined - but then again, we haven't seen the final Bandai version, and I am hoping it will be very durable compared to lots of the earlier pre-VF-1 v.2 or YF-21 Yamatos.

I think both companies are great and am happy Macross has such wonderful anime and products.

I love pink bunnies and pick flowers in my spare time too.

Pete

Or go to these pages:

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/011802/

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/011531/

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/011533/

That should tide you over until you can get the real thing :)

/innuendo

Which reminds me... damn someone needs to give that VF-25S a neck! Also, looking at all those GA pictures, I think the nicest pose for the DX is GERWALK-- No crappy landing gear or sagging engines of the fighter mode, no neckless squat monstrosity of the Battroid mode. Finally this picture: http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/011531/03.html reminds me of the F-4 Phantom. I like. ^_^

Edited by edwin3060

Or go to these pages:

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/011802/

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/011531/

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/011533/

That should tide you over until you can get the real thing :)

/innuendo

Which reminds me... damn someone needs to give that VF-25S a neck! Also, looking at all those GA pictures, I think the nicest pose for the DX is GERWALK-- No crappy landing gear or sagging engines of the fighter mode, no neckless squat monstrosity of the Battroid mode. Finally this picture: http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/011531/03.html reminds me of the F-4 Phantom. I like. ^_^

Wow, those fighter mode picts don't look THAT bad.

Vostok 7