Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.3

Graham

Hmm.. the last few posts were Pete and myself goading each other over the release dates, not a bitchfest :p Oh well, maybe we can have a roll-call to pass the time! Who has pre-ordered the DX 25F or 25S? Time to make yourself known!

so we can throw stones at them :rolleyes: amirite?

Edited by anime52k8

After a thread hits so many pages, it slows down the board, so it goes into megathread heaven.

I'm still debating getting the Alto DX or waiting for Bandai to release a Alto fighter mode only model, seeing as I have only been displaying stuff in fighter mode, I don't really need the full transforming toy/kit.

so we can throw stones at you :rolleyes: amirite?

Wait what?? I just don't get the negative vibe that's on these forums nowadays-- random flamewars breaking out, and now this. I was trying to see who would be kind enough to be the first one to review this product for the rest of us! With all the criticism of the toy so far, it would be nice to see if the criticisms would be refuted or confirmed. Attitudes like your statement are certainly not contributing to the board as a whole.

Remember, there are people who do like this toy and are highly interested in its durability, poseability and overall looks besides those shown in the promo photos! Is the toy really more durable? Does it look as bad as some people have said? Do the legs really hang that low, and does the VF-25S really not have a neck-- or are those just mis-transformations? All these are worthy questions that I hope some kind (and relatively richer than me) soul will answer, so that we can all share in the joy of a new toy!

Chowser: I think the 1/72 VF-25 kit is as close as you will get-- I don't think Bandai will release a 1/72 fighter only VF-25 that would compete directly with their pre-existing products! A recent release of Model Graphix had a build of the 1/72 kit in fighter only mode-- if you want the scans I can send it to you ( got it off some kind soul who posted it on this board). Alot of puttying is required though, as might be expected.

Edited by edwin3060

Remember, there are people who do like this toy and are highly interested in its durability, poseability and overall looks besides those shown in the promo photos! Is the toy really more durable? Does it look as bad as some people have said? Do the legs really hang that low, and does the VF-25S really not have a neck-- or are those just mis-transformations? All these are worthy questions that I hope some kind (and relatively richer than me) soul will answer, so that we can all share in the joy of a new toy!

This. I'm waiting to see what issues [if any] are present before buying Altos' DX figure. Experience with macross products the last 2 years has taught me to wait for a second release, regardless. And for every nice and tight MG figure bandai made those past years, there's always the recurring thought of my DX Aquarion, which was a floppy mess.

But Alto's mine, either in January or in a second wave ^_^

Wait what?? I just don't get the negative vibe that's on these forums nowadays-- random flamewars breaking out, and now this. I was trying to see who would be kind enough to be the first one to review this product for the rest of us! With all the criticism of the toy so far, it would be nice to see if the criticisms would be refuted or confirmed. Attitudes like your statement are certainly not contributing to the board as a whole.

so I can't make a Joke? or make a typo? (I just finished up the last of my work for school so I haven't slept in 36 hours, I'm not doing to well at checking if I'm actually typing what I'm thinking)

when you end a statement with something like "Time to make yourselves known!" you leave yourself open to at least 1 or 2 witch hunt cracks. but I'm sorry that my little typing error and attempt at humor offends you so much, I didn't realize Macross toys were such SERIOUS BUSINESS.

so I can't make a Joke? or make a typo? (I just finished up the last of my work for school so I haven't slept in 36 hours, I'm not doing to well at checking if I'm actually typing what I'm thinking)

when you end a statement with something like "Time to make yourselves known!" you leave yourself open to at least 1 or 2 witch hunt cracks. but I'm sorry that my little typing error and attempt at humor offends you so much, I didn't realize Macross toys were such SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Dude... EVERYBODY knows you should throw in a smiley when you make an attempt at humour on the internet :).

Chowser: I think the 1/72 VF-25 kit is as close as you will get-- I don't think Bandai will release a 1/72 fighter only VF-25 that would compete directly with their pre-existing products!

Yeah, I was weighing the pros and cons of buying the model kit and commissioning someone to build it, but then I thought, it wouldn't look right, the only other 1/72 I have is a custom YF-19 by Kurt, everything else is in 1/60, so I might as well just buy the 1/60 and leave it in fighter mode. It'll probably cost the same after commissioning someone.

Yeah, I was weighing the pros and cons of buying the model kit and commissioning someone to build it, but then I thought, it wouldn't look right, the only other 1/72 I have is a custom YF-19 by Kurt, everything else is in 1/60, so I might as well just buy the 1/60 and leave it in fighter mode. It'll probably cost the same after commissioning someone.

:) Good for you! Keeping everything in one scale. Well, I guess it depends on whether you like the Fighter mode on the DX, or dislike it like some vocal people on this board. Personally, I'm like knightdramon-- waiting for a second release or at least till January, though in my case it's more a case of lack of funds than anything else.

If anyone finds pictures of the 1/60 Bandai DX Luca and/or Michael in fighter mode (with the super parts on) please post here. I am still very very curious how they look in that mode and as of yet I have only seen pics of them in battroid. I am almost suspicious. But not hating. Yet.

If anyone finds pictures of the 1/60 Bandai DX Luca and/or Michael in fighter mode (with the super parts on) please post here. I am still very very curious how they look in that mode and as of yet I have only seen pics of them in battroid. I am almost suspicious. But not hating. Yet.

Yep me too. I want to see if my guess about the drooping legs/holes between the legs, the fuselage and the wings is right! (i.e. the legs are drooping to accomodate the Super packs)

Ginrai: Yea, but so far I haven't seen any old threads where an adult rips on a teenager for not having a job! Or where people's arguments are criticized based on where they live rather than the merits of the argument! Maybe I haven't checked out enough threads in the Hall of Super Topics... I admit my search has so far been limited to the toy releases :p I'm perfectly fine with people who hate the toy's design, reliability, price or any other factor-- those discussions allow me to re-evaluate whether I want the toy, and thats good. People who hate other people over a toy though, or people who make ad hominem arguments...that's where my limit is.

OK, only just over 2 weeks to go til' the Alto VF-25F and Ozma VF-25S hit the stores, if the rumored release date of 31st December is correct.

Graham

Come on Macross World! Let's show 'em we can make a third 40 page thread before the product actually comes out! Now - repeat after me for forty pages:

"I hate those hips"

"The crotch is all wrong"

"He looks chunky"

"What's wrong with chunky?"

"I like it"

"Hey looks like it's fixed! Check out these pictures!"

"That's the 1/72 model dude"

"Hey it's a partsformer! WTF Bandai!?"

"That's the 1/100 dude."

"Hi guys -I'm new to Robotech and was wondering if Rick Hunter is still alive?"

"Wrong forum bro!"

"So back to the DX - where's the neck on ozma?!"

"Why is there that gap where the head folds into the fighter mode?"

"The legs aren't flush! I want Yamato to make this!"

"So it can break right out of the box?"

"Pee on you!"

"Pee on you back!"

"Now now, let's be civil."

"Sivil is hot"

"Too bad Bassara's gay."

"Get back on topic or the thread closes."

"Ok - so where's the neck on Ozma?"

Pete

Come on Macross World! Let's show 'em we can make a third 40 page thread before the product actually comes out! Now - repeat after me for forty pages:

"I hate those hips"

"The crotch is all wrong"

"He looks chunky"

"What's wrong with chunky?"

"I like it"

"Hey looks like it's fixed! Check out these pictures!"

"That's the 1/72 model dude"

"Hey it's a partsformer! WTF Bandai!?"

"That's the 1/100 dude."

"Hi guys -I'm new to Robotech and was wondering if Rick Hunter is still alive?"

"Wrong forum bro!"

"So back to the DX - where's the neck on ozma?!"

"Why is there that gap where the head folds into the fighter mode?"

"The legs aren't flush! I want Yamato to make this!"

"So it can break right out of the box?"

"Pee on you!"

"Pee on you back!"

"Now now, let's be civil."

"Sivil is hot"

"Too bad Bassara's gay."

"Get back on topic or the thread closes."

"Ok - so where's the neck on Ozma?"

Pete

So true so true.

Never forget: Everyone on Macrossworld is an expert about everything they talk about. Having not seen the anime, move or not having played with, owned or even seen the toy/model/action figure in real life makes no difference. They are also impeccable financial experts, and experts about development and production time and production material cost and use. Also, keep this in mind: Every new movie sucks, every new anime is exactly the same as an old anime, and every toy from Yamato sucks and will break within seconds of removing it from the box despite several people who've owned them and never had problems. And finally, Gundam either sucks or is the best mecha anime ever. There is no middle ground.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

So true so true.

Never forget: Everyone on Macrossworld is an expert about everything they talk about. Having not seen the anime, move or not having played with, owned or even seen the toy/model/action figure in real life makes no difference. They are also impeccable financial experts, and experts about development and production time and production material cost and use. Also, keep this in mind: Every new movie sucks, every new anime is exactly the same as an old anime, and every toy from Yamato sucks and will break within seconds of removing it from the box despite several people who've owned them and never had problems. And finally, Gundam either sucks or is the best mecha anime ever. There is no middle ground.

Vostok 7

that isn't just MW though, the whole western world is like this, where opinion and expertise have come to mean the same thing.

that isn't just MW though, the whole western world is like this, where opinion and expertise have come to mean the same thing.

You just don't know. I've worked in (insert related industry here) for (insert a long timeframe here) and I know you are just plain wrong!!

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

You just don't know. I've worked in (insert related industry here) for (insert a long timeframe here) and I know you are just plain wrong!!

Vostok 7

I actually can respect an opinion far more than " well I saw a youtube video of how toys are made so now I know everything there is to know about chemistry, engineering, marketing and retailing!"

and of course, "you dare to criticize my opinion, why that's the same thing as insulting me on a personal level"

I actually can respect an opinion far more than " well I saw a youtube video of how toys are made so now I know everything there is to know about chemistry, engineering, marketing and retailing!"

and of course, "you dare to criticize my opinion, why that's the same thing as insulting me on a personal level"

how dare you criticize my vindictiveness. I've been an Arrogant jerk for 15 years, I should know when your valid criticism is a personal attack.

:) (smiley face so it's funny.)

Edited by anime52k8

I like turtles, but seriously folks lets bitch about no neck Ozma for awhile.

isn't it more fun to bitch about people who bitch about people who bitch about toys? :lol:

anyways, I'm still hoping the legs stow properly in fighter mode... as long as one mode looks good (and I don't care about the landing gears) then I'll fork over my money for a VF-25G

isn't it more fun to bitch about people who bitch about people who bitch about toys? :lol:

anyways, I'm still hoping the legs stow properly in fighter mode... as long as one mode looks good (and I don't care about the landing gears) then I'll fork over my money for a VF-25G

Yes... thats why we need fighter mode pics from Bandai! Grrr. I wonder why they have not released any fighter mode VF-25G or RVF-25 yet... We need a Bandai-Graham ^_^ Hey... doesn't Bandai have offices in the US? Someone should go and infiltrate them! :)

P.S. Well on our way to 40 pages people! Keep it up!

P.P.S. Seems like we are all going crazy waiting for this thing to be released :p

Yes... thats why we need fighter mode pics from Bandai! Grrr. I wonder why they have not released any fighter mode VF-25G or RVF-25 yet... We need a Bandai-Graham ^_^ Hey... doesn't Bandai have offices in the US? Someone should go and infiltrate them! :)

P.S. Well on our way to 40 pages people! Keep it up!

P.P.S. Seems like we are all going crazy waiting for this thing to be released :p

graham should be bandai-graham! It seems yamato dumped him, graham can rebound with bandai!

If there's ONE thing Macrossworld is good at other than bitching about everything, it's going crazy waiting for something to come out :lol:

I remember the wait threads for the 1/60 VF-1s when they first were coming out. Talk about crazy! There was some crazy weird dude taking all Graham's picts and putting funny speech bubbles into them...

*waves to Graham-san*

Vostok 7

Ginrai: Yea, but so far I haven't seen any old threads where an adult rips on a teenager for not having a job! Or where people's arguments are criticized based on where they live rather than the merits of the argument! Maybe I haven't checked out enough threads in the Hall of Super Topics... I admit my search has so far been limited to the toy releases :p I'm perfectly fine with people who hate the toy's design, reliability, price or any other factor-- those discussions allow me to re-evaluate whether I want the toy, and thats good. People who hate other people over a toy though, or people who make ad hominem arguments...that's where my limit is.

I've been on the MW forums since like 2001. I remember all kinds of totally rabid, frothing stuff here. A lot of it got deleted, but anything related to the Toynami VF-1 back in the day inspired psychotic bloodlust. I remember a total restart of the board around 2003 maybe? Probably a lot of that stuff didn't even make it over. But MW has a rep for being super mean to people, especially newbies or anyone who dares to like anything related to Robotech. It looks like the hate for Toynami is just being movied over to Bandai. This behavior is sad, but not anything new.

I've been on the MW forums since like 2001. I remember all kinds of totally rabid, frothing stuff here. A lot of it got deleted, but anything related to the Toynami VF-1 back in the day inspired psychotic bloodlust. I remember a total restart of the board around 2003 maybe? Probably a lot of that stuff didn't even make it over. But MW has a rep for being super mean to people, especially newbies or anyone who dares to like anything related to Robotech. It looks like the hate for Toynami is just being movied over to Bandai. This behavior is sad, but not anything new.

Hey I remember those days! It is ironic considering that the main draw back when MacrossWorld was first started, was the 1/55, everyone came over here to talk about it, either track one down, just discuss it, or stare at the customs that Rosario Love and others put out! Now the 1/55 is looked down upon by most of the people here. You were the first person to give the Toynami MPC VF-1 an unbiased, objective review.

I wonder if any of the sites in japan are going to get the DX toys early and post previews online. I am itching to see more.

Yep me too. I want to see if my guess about the drooping legs/holes between the legs, the fuselage and the wings is right! (i.e. the legs are drooping to accomodate the Super packs)

but an ad hominem argument is just what you did right now. Face it, at one point or another, everyone is going to be that guy that they themselves can't stand.

Anyways, I can't wait for the reviews as well. As much as I have problems with the over all design, there are specific aspects and details of the DX that look really good.

Edited by eugimon