What's your favorite VF?

Anubis

What is your favorite Variable Fighter?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Variable Fighter?

• VF-1 Valkyrie
    • VF-4 Lightning
    • VF-9 Cutlass
    • VF-5000 Star Mirage
    • VF-11 Thunderbolt
    • VF-14 Vampire
    • VF-17 Nightmare
    • VF-19/YF-19 Excaliber
    • VF-22/YF-21 Sturmvogel II
    • VB-6 Konig Monster

I can't remember the last time we did this, so here we go:

What is your favorite Variable Fighter? Sorry if I missed one, but there are only ten choices allowed anyway. Each VF encompases all variants. For example the VF-1 would include all heads, GBP, VE-1, etc.

The VF-17 is still my precious.

Sorry if I missed one, but there are only ten choices allowed anyway.

What, no VF-0? ;) I've got to go with the most familiar one that started it all: the VF-1 (the S model in particular has always been my favorite).

Edited by Draykov

I remember last time the VF-1 dominated, too. People tend to like what they saw first, grew up with, or consider to be "classic." Just like there are people who think the NES is still the best for videogames or have a fondness of 60's and 70's muscle cars.

Personally, though, I'm always looking forward to the next new thing, and I went with the VF-22. (I lean toward PS2 for my current game system of choice, although I play everything, and my ideal car was a 1999 Mitsubishi 3000GT. Hope the rumor that they might bring them back in 2005 is true...)

I admit I love the VF-1 too (don't we all), it comes a close second to the 17 in fact. I just like the 17's design better.

I'm not really surprized the VF-1 has a commanding lead so far, I want to see how the spread looks after a day or two.

Macross M3- Blows Chunks.

VF-9 Cutlass- Coolest VF design ever... at least to me.

Althought the Battroid mode isn't spectacular, I love the sleak, sporty look it has in fighter mode, and I also think it has the most intriguing and decidedly unique GERWALK mode of any VF (with the VF-17's "I'm about to fall over" GERWALK stance taking a close second).

post-2-1068054110_thumb.jpg

the YF-19/VF-19A excalabur version gets my vote, but on the other side the VF-19S, VF-19F, VF-19kai really looked ugly to me and totally took the original design and crapped on it... :(

Edited by Murphy

I probably put more words to print about why I love the YF-21 than all the essays papers and articles I did in University combined...

You can't argue with an UBER fighter with all the bells and whistles. Its like the difference between a nice sports car and a Maclaren F-1. I also thought the YF-21's Battroid mode is the best looking out of all the other fighters, it looks a lot more elegant and graceful than the other VFs (long thin legs, thin arms and a organic looking structure... by far the best.

I went for the 21/21. For ages I liked the 19 best, it's almost like I got bored of it tho, don't know why maybe i'll go back the 19 someday. Anyone else think it's a bit odd that, in regards to macross plus, the 19 was pushed tot he forefront in advertising/representing the show. I.e it's much easier to find posters and the 19 toys always seem fought after and the 19 was on one of the covers but int he show and movie it seem the 21 is pushed tot he forfront. Althougth are some excelent scenes of the 19 it seems more time was spent in showing the YF-21 dodging the missles or when we see the 21 fight the ghost. It just seems to outshine the 19. just an observation.

Here's my current list of top 5 VFs. This list changes fairly frequently :D

1st place goes to the VF-17D/S Nightmare Stealth Valkyrie, especially when fitted with FAST packs.

2nd place= Hikaru's VF-1S Strike Valk.

3rd Place = VF-5000B Star Mirage.

4th place = VA-3M Invader.

5th Place = VF-3000 Crusader.

I'm really getting into the Macross Zero VF-0A/D/S and SV-51, but I need to see them in action some more before I consider moving them into my top 5.

Although I love Macross Plus and the YF-19, YF-21 and VF-11 used to be on my top five, I've sort of got a bit tired of them recently.

Graham