Shawn

We are back!!

We are back online, although just for a couple hours right now.

We'll be officially back up tonight at 8pm

If anyone connects to the site during this time, please make sure all your functionality exists.

Upload a picture to the temp forums, making sure you can still post. Send a test PM to someone online.

Here are known issues:

Problem: You may not be able to login.

Answer: You must delete your macrossworld cookie. I was not able to connect myself until I delete the site cookie.

Problem: Pictures are missing.

Answer: Pictures are still uploading to the site as we speak. There were 10GB of pictures in the forums, and its taking eternity from my home backup.

Current estimate is another 15 hours. (already been running for 18)

Problem: The main macrossworld site links do not work.

Answer: See problem above. There are another 5GB of site pictures to upload. I estimate everything will be back end of this week.

Please add all problems in this post only, so they are not spread across the board.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=28331

Shawn & Graham

As of 4:36 PM EST, I found the site to be working normally.

I was able to login without having to clear any cookies. I didn't log out before MW went offline, so I assume that the cookie for my username and password were still functioning. I'll try logging out and back in to see what happens.

Picture uploads and PMs seem to be working correctly.

I logged in with no problems. Thanks for all the work Shawn!

That is great. I was worried about people not being able to log back in, so I built in some down time to resolve that.

But things look to be ok for now, so we'll just stay up!

Shawn

Does this include the dreaded IPS error that come up so frequently, even more so lately?

Does this include the dreaded IPS error that come up so frequently, even more so lately?

With all the updates and the reformatted drive, i sure hope that error is resolved.

We'll find out for sure over the next couple days.

IF we still get the error, there is one more option to try (db driver)

Shawn

Glad to hear we're fully back in action... I didn't have any problems this afternoon, and admittedly, I must rarely get these IPS Errors, as I'm not entirely even sure what you guys are talking about :huh:

guess Shawn did some maintenance since people were getting glitches from time to time...

everything's ok for me here, thanks for everything man! ^_^

Yay!! The best Macross board around is back!!

All my gallery pics appear to be up and working.

But about half the ones I posted into the boards and threads directly are still missing. All of the missing ones are from older posts (Those pics posted before about July 2007 are the ones still missing).

My old laptop (with its umpteen billion pics) died early last month. So, I was hoping to at least reclaim that small fraction of pics I've posted online......I just about whined like a little bitch when I saw the MW boards were gonna be down this weekend. :rolleyes:

Hope everything else went well with the maintenance.

EDIT: Looks like all the pics are up now. Thanks!!

Edited by Mog

Site is working great here Shawn. To comemmorate the cleaning i bought a 1/72 VF-25.

My Avatar went missing. No big deal, just thought you would like to know. My profile page has my old one, but nothing shows up on my various posts in the forums. I will re-load it when I get home from work.

Update:

Still another 3 hours until all the pictures are completed reloading.

taking forever.

Shawn

Note to users:

If you don't want to wait to get your avatars back (looks like about another 2 hours before images are restored at time of posting) or not lose your avatar, then please host your avatars offsite.

Update:

Still another 3 hours until all the pictures are completed reloading.

taking forever.

Shawn

It's back now. Thanks. It was no big deal for me. I just thought you wanted to know in case it was a glitch or something.

A MASSIVE THANK YOU for all the work guys! Whatever it takes to prevent crashing and hacking! - MT

Dang! More than 30 hours of uploading!

I hope it all works out!