Announcing Macross Aria: a CGI fan film project

chillyche

WOW!!! that "The Latest in Outta Space is..." vid was AWESOME!!!

cant wait to help Jason C with some Music tracks.

After seeing that video, I suggested we skip the Aria project and do something where the next Macross Pop Idol was actually a hip-hop artist.

Update: Last day of the term. My robot does battle this afternoon. This one, sadly, does not transform...

After seeing that video, I suggested we skip the Aria project and do something where the next Macross Pop Idol was actually a hip-hop artist.

Update: Last day of the term. My robot does battle this afternoon. This one, sadly, does not transform...

You know, I used to think piloting a giant robot by rocking out with a guitar was somewhat of a stretch for my internal logic, but when I considered piloting a giant robot by rocking the mic...

Hmm... a Sound Force made up of an emcee, a dj, and a beatboxer... Macross Aria Dynamite?

Good luck in the robo challenge. Remember, even non-transforming robots can still contribute to an Itano Circus.

It does have micromissiles, right?

If there are any game modders with low poly ships who would like to help out, we are seeking some low poly models to populate the background during several sequences.

Specifically we're looking for UN Spacy and Zentraedi capital ships from the era between Space War One and Macross M3.

Other than that, not much to report. We're running tests and building models and sketching things. I can't wait to show y'all something, though.

If there are any game modders with low poly ships who would like to help out, we are seeking some low poly models to populate the background during several sequences.

Specifically we're looking for UN Spacy and Zentraedi capital ships from the era between Space War One and Macross M3.

Other than that, not much to report. We're running tests and building models and sketching things. I can't wait to show y'all something, though.

I might be able to pull up some models not sure have too look. What level of model would you like to have. I can probably get anywhere from 1k to 3k model, depending on my current inventory. Lately I have been working on location stuff on a game I have been working on so I don't have much of that stuff. But one of the locations I am working on is a downed zent cruiser. One will be nose in and one will belly down.

I might be able to pull up some models not sure have too look. What level of model would you like to have. I can probably get anywhere from 1k to 3k model, depending on my current inventory. Lately I have been working on location stuff on a game I have been working on so I don't have much of that stuff. But one of the locations I am working on is a downed zent cruiser. One will be nose in and one will belly down.

Reeeallllyy...

Somebody will be getting in touch soon...

Edited by chillyche

Can I venture that these two threads may be of use. Both parties are doing similar things and some mutual work would be very beneficial to all involved.

www.macrossworld.com topic 27793

and

www.macrossworld.com topic 28365

I am going to post reference to this in both these threads as I do believe that this could be constructive.

Can I venture that these two threads may be of use. Both parties are doing similar things and some mutual work would be very beneficial to all involved.

www.macrossworld.com topic 27793

and

www.macrossworld.com topic 28365

I am going to post reference to this in both these threads as I do believe that this could be constructive.

Yeah, I've been checking up on the Mod project regularly. I don't play HW2 but I think modding is pretty darn awesome, and I used to dabble in code (still do in MaxScript) so I'm always impressed when somebody convinces some program to do stuff it was never really intended to do. We have need of low-poly units for our backgrounds, and it's plausible that we might be able to provide low-poly versions of some of the stuff we generate. That's not up to me, unless you want some low-poly characters.

And Rodavan's work is just plain hot.

I'm excited to see so much creative activity going on here right now. Frankly, modding is what made me believe that producing a fan-film in this manner would be possible.

Im fairly sure the low poly versions could in some cases help the development work they could be used as building blocks etc.

Since no one here is trying to make money out of it mutual help is obviously good, up shoot of it I suppose is more Macross, which lets face it can't be bad :)

Im fairly sure the low poly versions could in some cases help the development work they could be used as building blocks etc.

Since no one here is trying to make money out of it mutual help is obviously good, up shoot of it I suppose is more Macross, which lets face it can't be bad :)

I whole-heartedly agree. We're getting the chance to participate in the creation of something we all love, as well as building our skills, and really engaging in community, it's great.

Below is a list of the main props we're employing in Aria. Many of these are well underway in medium- or high-poly glory. But I'm not sure we have any of these in a low-poly format.

The storyline takes place between 2014 and 2016, so any craft in service for either the Zentraedi or UN Spacy are fair game.

Stuff we're developing (or have already developed)

VF-1B Valkyrie

VF-1B damaged

VF-1B w/ Fast Pack

VF-4 Lightning III

ARMD-Class Space Carrier

Oberth Class Space Destroyer

Oberth Class Space Destroyer damaged

MBR-04 Destroid Tomahawk Mk VI

Nousjadeul-Ger

Nousjadeul-Ger w/ Missile Pods

Nousjadeul-Ger w/ Missile Pods

Reguld

Thurvel-Salan Class Battleship

Thurvel-Salan Class Battleship damaged

Medium-Scale Gunboat

Additional units I'd love to see in the background:

UNS

Lockhee SF-3A Lancer II Space Fighter

Northrom QF-3000E Ghost Fighter-Bomber

Zentraedi

Picket Patrol Ship

Quiltra Queleual Class Landing Ship Tank

Queadol-Magdomilla Class Fleet Command Battleship

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs-Class Fleet Command Battleship

Just to add an update, I've been working on some music you may like. It's got one of those eerily happy sounds. Kinda like a children's song that has a black cloud over it. Also got some other stuff I'm working on too. Just gotta get the recorder together, and I'll send it over. The rest of the band is up for the music, and we have our own music and recording studio in full swing now. Just a quick update.

Just to add an update, I've been working on some music you may like. It's got one of those eerily happy sounds. Kinda like a children's song that has a black cloud over it. Also got some other stuff I'm working on too. Just gotta get the recorder together, and I'll send it over. The rest of the band is up for the music, and we have our own music and recording studio in full swing now. Just a quick update.

Curious to hear what you've got.

Here are some Oberth pictures.

Thanks to Mr. March's MMM website and honneamise great modelling skills.

Whoa, an actual physical model! I wish we had top, left, bottom, right, front, and back shots of that thing, since the line arts are all sorta different.

Tnx for the images, now i can work on a detail texturing and logos.

for the damage version do you prefer a heavy damage whit some interior part or just some shots?

update work:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg292/R...B00000001-4.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg292/R...B00000002-2.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg292/R...B00000006-4.jpg

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg292/R...B00000007-4.jpg

CiuZ

REN

yeah it's your old model - Thought you may have given up on it.

Funny. Yeah, Vinnie is our VF-4 expert. Perhaps Vinnie is MacrossWorld's VF-4 expert.

You'll totally see the new improved version in the film. (my keyboard's writing checks your modeling has to cash, Vinnie)