New macross saga based movie (Robotech Genesis)

where are your designs? Are they in that link in your signature?

Some of them are, I've also got a lot of old WIP threads on here showcasing more of them. They are all for my books, the first of which should be released no later then February 09, just waiting on my editor and cover artist.

*Imitates John Madden* Now this is a guy who has never read a good fic. I tell ya, this guy has never read a good fic. This guy has never read a good fic. And that's what that's all about.

To be honest I have read a few that were above average but still, I consider it to be really pointless.

Taksraven

I think Lindem Herz stated it well. Their modelling and animation is fine, but their designs are horrible and show no sense of engineering design principles. In my own designs everything has a purpose, there are no "hey would cool tacked on here" parts. If something is there it has a purpose. What is the purpose of those stupid balls on the shoulders, or the ridiculously huge guns or unneeded fins. Besides I think the whole of the production is tripe, it makes no sense to make, the designs are a mess, now the animation itself looks great for a fan production, almost better then Shadow Chronicles in some ways.

lol, I don't think most fan ever consider engineering design principle in their design, the only thing that came into their mind is "it would be cool if I place this thingy here".

I have to admit that I also made several ludicrous design and posted them on scifi mesh forum, but I was lucky enough that most of the critic are positive lol.

You really need to respond to a thread that you last posted? With no new information or worthwhile input?

Yeah, why not. Its a fun thread that just needs a new injection of steam to keep it going.

Taksraven

haha...

well I was going to keep this thread like it was, but since it was bumped..

I found a couple of new screenshots

I thought the Southern Cross fandom was dead, but it seems there are a couple around yet

Southern Cross ?

Besides wasn't 'Robotech: Genesis' about the escape of the SDF-1 and it's landing on Earth before the Zentradi arrived? :unsure:

For the love of god someone show them how to turn on the anti-aliasing filter. And that ADF-1 looks like the unholy love child of the Macross and those southern cross ships with a hint of mospeada thrown in there.

I dont know, it seems you know more about the argument than I do. Where did you get that?

The novel by Jack McKinney

http://www.amazon.com/Robotech-Genesis-1-J...2608&sr=8-3

The Graphic novel by Mike Baron and Carl Macek

http://www.amazon.com/Robotech-Graphic-Nov...608&sr=8-12

I read them 25 odd years ago. There was also a comic series by Jason and John Waltrip as well but I haven't read it.

The novel by Jack McKinney

http://www.amazon.com/Robotech-Genesis-1-J...2608&sr=8-3

The Graphic novel by Mike Baron and Carl Macek

http://www.amazon.com/Robotech-Graphic-Nov...608&sr=8-12

I read them 25 odd years ago. There was also a comic series by Jason and John Waltrip as well but I haven't read it.

I see what you mean, I'm not sure they called the movie Robotech Genesis because of that

wait wait wait... that thing is supposed to be the SDF-1 before it was the SDF-1? And what is that mecha thing? The original "veritech"?

I have to see this now, this is going to be awesome! But then what are those alpha looking "veritechs"? I'm confused.

... I think I just understood why the Trekkies complain so much about the redesigned Enterprise.

But at least that thing looks decent. This is as pretty as a kick on the nuts :blink:

Well fanfic are created by fans with no funding and sometimes only a few people dedicated their life into it, don't compare it to mainstream industry where the producers are gambling funds with dozens of talented artist and plethora of studio art backing up.

I still say this fanfic film is >>>> Shadow Chronicle

and

Star Wreck >>> any Star Trek after Search of Spock.

... I think I just understood why the Trekkies complain so much about the redesigned Enterprise.

But at least that thing looks decent. This is as pretty as a kick on the nuts :blink:

Right. I like how it is pretty clear that they have spent 99% of their effort on the *mecha* and about 1% effort on the character design and implementation.

And ALL of it STILL looks crap!

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

• 3 weeks later...
Are posts like that really necessary? If you don't have something to contribute, why bump a discussion thread?

Sorry, I like to bump funny threads once in a while. You complained last time anyway so your objections were duly noted. (joke)

Taksraven