Here's the Scratch Bult VF-27 from Nov. 2008 HJ

Chas

Check it out Folks

P.S. spend some time and browse the rest of his stuff; you won't be disappointed!Linky

Just click on the pic at the top of the page.

Thanks Chas,that is cool! - MT

No problem! So do you guys agree that it is totally scratch built? When I first saw it I thought maybe he started with a VF-25 as a base (not that that would take away at all from the accomplishment), but as I don't have a 25, nor do I read Japanese Iwasn't sure.

Edit

He'd be crazy not to kit those and sell them after all that hard work.

I'd keep my eyes open at the next Wonderfest in Japan (or whatever hobbyshows are comming up)

Edited by Chas

No problem! So do you guys agree that it is totally scratch built? When I first saw it I thought maybe he started with a VF-25 as a base (not that that would take away at all from the accomplishment), but as I don't have a 25, nor do I read Japanese Iwasn't sure.

As far as I can tell he only reused the elbow joints and the hands from the VF-25. Can't wait to get this one as an official kit. :) As for a cast-off kit, would he not need to get copyright permission first? It is not an obscure model so Bandai will probably not be tolerant of illegal copies. Not sure how that works in Japan.