Budget for Macross Frontier?

taksraven

Anybody have idea of how expensive Macross Frontier was to make? How would this compare to the budget of other anime series that are also being run now?

I was just wondering about this. Also, how would the budget of Frontier compare to other Macross productions in the past?

Another thing I was wondering about was how long it would take to make a show like Frontier. What about the production schedule, was it all finished by the time the first episode went to air this year, or would they still have been working on it?

Taksraven

Must have been costly with all the CGI, designing, marketing, pre-production, getting Xebec help, signing on Yoko Kano to produce the music, the voice actors/actress, the singers, oh yeah Kawamori's salary, no wonder it ended with only 25 episodes.

Well the other high budget one is Ghost In The Shell Stand Alone Complex, which is 30000000 yen (~US$300,000) per episode, I imagine Frontier should be up to par in terms of production budget.

well, S.A.C was like 2 or 3 years ago... ( dont remember well ), and the quality of effects wasn't actually that high as in Frontier. Maybe Solid State Society was a bit better with this... Hard to shoot with budget per episode. X.x

Edited by crescens

well, S.A.C was like 2 or 3 years ago... ( dont remember well ), and the quality of effects wasn't actually that high as in Frontier. Maybe Solid State Society was a bit better with this... Hard to shoot with budget per episode. X.x

Hmmm, did GITS:SAC outsource the character art though?

hard to tell... for me ofc. im mostly interested in effects of work, not in who worked to achive those

Solid State Society have budget of US$3.2 Million dollar, I think Frontier movie will higher though. (since it is theatrical release rather than OVA)

Quality wise SAC is quite consistence (not 2nd gig though), while on Frontier the 2D quality differs greatly in each episode.

hard to tell... for me ofc. im mostly interested in effects of work, not in who worked to achive those

But the character art of the first run of the TV series was terrible at times, you have to admit, while GITS:SAC was more consistent. If we're really talking about budget, it's actually hard to tell even based from the quality. We need figures!!!

But the character art of the first run of the TV series was terrible at times, you have to admit, while GITS:SAC was more consistent. If we're really talking about budget, it's actually hard to tell even based from the quality. We need figures!!!

well, true that first season of S.A.C was ugly sometimes... 2nd Gig was better. but what is the most important is the plot~!

going to bed... 2am x.X *hugs for everyone*

ps. im sorry for offtop X.x

Edited by crescens

that sounds about right. Big O (ten years ago) was rumored to be about 100k. I believe IGPX (joint production between IG and CN) was more than that... somewher ein the rumored 250-300k per episode.

This is why it's really hard for shows these days. At 26 episodes, that's quite a bit of money to commit to....