Macross Frontier Galaxy Tour Final

For those of you who live in Japan, the concert is today, haha, I meant to start this thread earlier, but yes, the concert is today in Budokan Theater, which has a similar layout to the hall in the anime when I saw the pics. I scored the tickets on Yahoo auction for about 45000 yen. I wasn't going to go because I was set to deploy and join my squadron, but that all changed and when my GF and I started looking it was sold out so we resorted to Yahoo Auction with no intention of spending more than 15000yen, oh well. The original value for each ticket is 6800 yen, God, fandom is expensive, I could have bought a YF-19 and YF-21 for the amount I cost if I remember the prices correctly. Anyways, anybody here in Japan give me a holler now so we can sing along together if we got seats next to each other. Hahaha. :lol:

:blink: You got the tickets for 45,000 yen? :blink:

Gratz anyway, you can enjoy the concert and I hope you still have some money left to buy the merchandises after the concert.

Could you do a favor for the rest of us the unlucky MW member with some pictures/scan/video of the concert? ^_^

:blink: You got the tickets for 45,000 yen? :blink:

Gratz anyway, you can enjoy the concert and I hope you still have some money left to buy the merchandises after the concert.

Could you do a favor for the rest of us the unlucky MW member with some pictures/scan/video of the concert? ^_^

Well, it's a good thing my GF and I split the costs down the middle. Of course I'll have money left over, it'll be for food, I'll probably buy the Lion single since the second OST didn't have the full version of that great song. <_<

As for pics and videos, of course, but Japanese rules on that are kinda strict according to my GF. I never really went to a concert before, I went to a live salsa performance by Tito Puentes' son about three years ago. Anyways, I'll try and see what I can do for it, my camera is on charge as it speaks, I'm thinking of going over to the store to buy an 8gig so I can get some good video. :)

Alright, well the concert was great fun and I managed to steal me some pics and videos of the performance, I'm on a gov comp right now so I can't upload any files at the time and I'll fill you all in on the details in time since my normal PC for work is getting cured of a virus and won't be back until tomorrow and I'll probably be sleeping all day tomorrow until I have to get to work soon, so just wait a minute. Just a quick word though, the Froating Head was there as well and appeared at the end! B))

Alright, well the concert was great fun and I managed to steal me some pics and videos of the performance, I'm on a gov comp right now so I can't upload any files at the time and I'll fill you all in on the details in time since my normal PC for work is getting cured of a virus and won't be back until tomorrow and I'll probably be sleeping all day tomorrow until I have to get to work soon, so just wait a minute. Just a quick word though, the Froating Head was there as well and appeared at the end! B))

Found you!!! Pics! Vids! Please!!!

Okay people, I finally decided to spend some of my long hours at work to give you all the skinny on this, no pics or vids yet, I guess I'll take care of that tomorrow morning or night depending on when I wake up and when I get back from my birthday dinner. So, after a few days and getting some scoops from the blogs that my GF read, it was a huge turn out, since 8AM there were already 200 people waiting in front of the Nippon Budokan and by 2PM they started selling the goods. My GF and I got there at 4PM and for a minute after leaving the train station, I felt like just scalping the tickets and going home with all of the money, there were quite a few people trying to get in or who didn't win any auctions like we did. for both tickets we paid 44,400 yen, that, each both of them were actually worth 13,600 yen. But this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity considering that was the last concert in a 6 month tour. We got in and got seated by 5:45 maybe. I pulled out an additional 9000 yen to add to my daily 5000 for merchandise that would become impossible to buy considering the line. Japanese really, really love anything that's popular for the moment, it kind of drives me crazy considering how my GF is one too. With the money I got a 7X zoom pair of binoculars for 3000. The offerings at the shop ranged from the VF-25S transforming model kit from Bandai, the black SMS Skull Squadron T-shirt which was coveted by me and is not available at Cospa yet. They had posters, Ranka and Sheryl bath towels, Sheryl and Ranka and the school outfits for outrages prices, one school shirt is as much as a good pair of jeans from Levis. :ph34r: They also had a display section with a planned release of a transparent VF-25, along with a Ranka-chan themed VF-25, no Sheryl, I'm guessing they're leaving that to the VF-171. Regular figures and other little niches, one thing was that they were bagging all of the goods with a Nyan Nyan restaurant bag with the chibi Chinese girl on it, I snapped a picture of that, lots of those things were being carried by a lot of people. Oh I wish I could have gotten me one. :(

Well, we got seated finally on the west side of the theater and the show started at 6:30. The introduction to the show started wtih Captain Wilder announcing a declaration and rallying the crowd by saying: "Today we are not ordinary soldiers, we are musical soldiers!" Something to that effect and led the crowd in a chant with the bridge bunnies informing him that the Budokan theater was ready to fold. He followed by saying, "Let's go you bastards!" Well, that's one way to translate "Ikuze yaro domo!" It counted down from 10 and then a huge fold was commenced, the entire crowd already had their glow sticks ready by then because of the theater hard darkened completely when the clock struck at half past 6. Once the fold ended the orchestra led by Yoko Kanno started with the prologue music and an explanation of the general Macross story by the narrator, and usually where they introduce the Frontier colony, they introduced the Budokan theater so that was entertaining in itself. :D After the intro, the singing started, however I can't remember the order of the songs because there were so many. I believe the first song was What 'bout My Star, not the Formo Mall version, just the regular one, it was duet with Megumi Nakajima and May-n. God, I can't remember all of the songs, I recorded some of the performances but they were the songs I liked the most or the songs tied in right after each ended.

The crowning moment of the entire concert was when the audience had to follow along, especially in Don't Be Late, Interstellar Flight, Nyan Nyan CM melody, SMS theme, and Carrots Love You Yeah! For the Nyan Nyan CM melody, the voice actors of Alto(Yuichi Nakamura), Michel(Hiroshi Kamiyama), and Bobby(Kenta Miyake) were performing the song along with the dance with Megumi who was standing on a raised platform and using the Ranka voice along with the voice actors who were playing the part and dressed as them. I got a short little video about it. The entire performance was great, especially Yoko Kanno, she didn't speak and didn't sing at all, she was on the keyboard and on the piano and coordinating with the orchestra. She broke a sweat that she took her red coat off and just tossed it on under the stage stairs. Megumi Nakajima was great, she is still a newcomer to the industry as she stated at the end of the concert. During the Nyan Service Medley, she was late on one part after after the Macross Attack on Galaxy(they showed all the greatest clips during each song) but it's ok. Lion was the last song after so many renditions of the other ones. She sang the classics as well which were My Boyfriend is a Pilot and DYRL? which were great. May-n's performance of Diamond Crevasse was bone chilling, she has such a fantastic voice. Special guest was Mayaa Sakamoto who sang Triangler towards the end and I prefer the live performance better than the albulm version, my GF does too. According to her, it sounds like she's dying when singing Triangler because her voice sounds so pained and high pitched. The best songs were Don't Be Late, Interstellar Flight, Azure Ether, Diamond Crevasse(both versions), Megumi's rendition of Don't Be Late, Triangler, Lion, Nyan Service Medley, Infinity and Yoko Kanno's piano version of Diamond Crevasse. The seats I had were not bad at all, it's just one of the stage props got in the way of the upper level of the stage which happened to block the middle and took me a minute to figure out where the singing was coming from. It was sure better than the guys that were right behind the stage and couldn't see much unless the girls moved to the side platforms, I called that part the backyard, so the money I paid for my tickets were damn good! I would have preferred an arena seat, however that might have made capturing video and pics hard since I had to watch my back from time to time. On the vids if the camera moves away from the subject it's because I'm either watching my back or focusing too much on the performance. Plus you'll here me chanting and cheering, I reveiwed the videos myself and laughed so much at myself, bear with me here! :lol: The one bad thing was one of the audience members seated in front of me, during Diamond Crevasse I was going to snap a great shot of May-n but she screwed my shot up and I wanted to punch that bitch and send her tumbling all the way down to the arena floor because she told my GF to shut up after we made a comment to each other when she did the same thing to her friend. :angry: Anyways, that was the only thing to piss me off. The finale besides the encore was great, it was the Service Medley and at the very end there was huge explosion of gold streamers from the stage as the entire theater lit up once more. The other cool effects were the puffs of smoke/steam from the stage during the Don't Be Late performance which was awesome and when May-n sang Welcome To My Fanclub's Night, she stood on the stage platform and rose up with an image of Sheryl in the background so her own shillouete was on it with her hand with the mic raised up in a Sheryl-like pose. It was awesome. In the pics and videos that'll be coming soon, May-n is the one wearing the short shorts with the knee boots while Megumi Nakajima is wearing the little dress, looks to me as if they were trying to dress the part of their respective characters. The encore was great, they didn't sing one song, they sang more like 4 or 5, this is where Yoko Kanno got on a accordion and walked with the drummer, base and acoustic guitar players along with the singers with the final song being Diamond Crevasse along with the piano performance by Yoko Kanno. It was great, then the staff with Kawamori at the center arrived carrying boquets for the girls and finished with that. After the concert I tried to rush out to buy some merchandise, but it was impossible even though they were selling until 11PM, but there wan't time for that. The merchandise will come later in my order from Cospa, one being an SMS cellphone strap. B))

Anyways, I finally was able to do give you guys the scoopuda and pics and vids will follow soon after, just keep checking back. ;)

Thank you for that account! I thought this was funny, you must have rolled your eyes at least:

"The one bad thing was one of the audience members seated in front of me, during Diamond Crevasse I was going to snap a great shot of May-n but she screwed my shot up and I wanted to punch that bitch and send her tumbling all the way down to the arena floor because she told my GF to shut up after we made a comment to each other when she did the same thing to her friend."

And it starts, sorry if they're blurred, I don't have a very steady hand and I'm not using a professional camera, just a Cybershot T-70, works great in lighted environments, but not in dark rooms without a tripod. My vantage point wasn't ideal either. :(

Maya Sakamoto and towards the end, I got a blurry pictures of Kanno, it was too bright around the part of the stage she was standing so the camera couldn't focus. I even zoomed out to get better focus and it didn't work either. :( My camera started dying too and the memory stick was running out of space with all the videos.

The server didn't respond for some reason and it double posted, here are the last two pics, the rest is video which I am working on, but I'm about to go to dinner so check back later on. I can't say when because I have to respond to the PMs I got recently.

Edited by Macross_Fanboy

Video links from Youtube!!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

Keep refreshing for the last video or just type in "Macross Frontier at Budokan" and it'll pop up. You can hear me chant in the background and chatting with my GF and maybe even singing a little... :lol:

I stood outside and listened to the whole show, and man it was freezing. Look s amazing I almost broke down and bid on yahoo but had to pay for my plane ticket to go home for Christmas. Next time for sure.

Video links from Youtube!!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_quer..._type=&aq=f

Keep refreshing for the last video or just type in "Macross Frontier at Budokan" and it'll pop up. You can hear me chant in the background and chatting with my GF and maybe even singing a little... :lol:

tHANK YOU FOR THE VIDS!

I stood outside and listened to the whole show, and man it was freezing. Look s amazing I almost broke down and bid on yahoo but had to pay for my plane ticket to go home for Christmas. Next time for sure.

IF there will be one next year i'll have to catch up with you Adrian and we'll go, planning to stop by in Tokyo next year for sure. B))

I'm sure they will have other events, but none on the scale of this performance as this was actually a 6 month tour, pretty much the duration of MF. Anyways, I'm here until 2010 so hopefully I'll have other chances to go. And if there is a next time, no damn Yahoo auction! I'll make sure to get my tickets at Lawsons or Family Mart before they sell out! <_<

Now this is what I call a dedicated fan. Props to you...but sorry to hear you couldn't get the tickets. :( So close yet so far.

Macross_Fanboy: Thanks for the vids! You rock!

Since i couldn't be there, i hope they release a DVD for this concert. Looks and sounds awesome!