New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

How can you be expecting an American release? <_<

Seriously.... don't hold your breath. I seriously doubt it will be released here. VFX2, which had better chance of getting released here simply because it was less based on SDF then this, was never released because HG complained. How do you expect them to react to a game based on SDF macross. <_<

And if this game is really based on DYRL.... don't expect to see a Millia color scheme simply because her 1J wasn't in DYRL.

i'm not really expecting one, but it would be nice. after all, HG only has the copyright to the TV series and not DYRL.

How can you be expecting an American release? <_<

Seriously.... don't hold your breath. I seriously doubt it will be released here. VFX2, which had better chance of getting released here simply because it was less based on SDF then this, was never released because HG complained. How do you expect them to react to a game based on SDF macross. <_<

And if this game is really based on DYRL.... don't expect to see a Millia color scheme simply because her 1J wasn't in DYRL.

i'm not really expecting one, but it would be nice. after all, HG only has the copyright to the TV series and not DYRL.

Yeah.... but theres no difference. Considering this is a game that features VF1s.... HG has all the right to block this. Specially because there will be no different between DYRL VF1s and SDF VF1s. The game isn't detailed enough to portray the tiny differences between the 2.

who knows, maybe HG will layoff for just one time and see how it succeeds/fails...

Maybe. Or Bandai might strike a deal to alter the game to fit HGs needs..... thats when I will defently get the import version. $50 will go for a Macross game not some hack franchise that uses Macross as its basis.

who knows, maybe HG will layoff for just one time and see how it succeeds/fails...

Maybe. Or Bandai might strike a deal to alter the game to fit HGs needs..... thats when I will defently get the import version. $50 will go for a Macross game not some hack franchise that uses Macross as its basis.

couldnt agree more.

Ok... I should have said something before I was picked on by a RT fan. I'm sorry but I don't consider the 2 franchises to be the same. Stick Robotech on the cover of this game.... and for me, its simply not the same.

It is not same for me also.

It's like Animeigo releasing the Macross DVD with Harmony Gold Logo, WTF?!

Anyway, going back to the game, I'm sure many of you already heard me saying: "Where's the damn Cockpit View?" :lol:

Personally, I'm not fussed about the lack of a cockpit view in the new Macross game. While I don't mind having the option of a cockpit view for pure flying games, I definitely prefer a chase view for giant robot games.

Whenever I play a robot game with a cockpit view, I get no feeling of actually piloting a giant robot. This is especially true with Macross games, where a cockpit view gives you little feeling of the difference between the three modes (F/B/G). On the other hand, when I can actually see my mecha (ala VF-X2, Armored Core series etc), it gives me more of a feeling of being in control of a giant robot.

I'd much prefer the designers put in a two-player split screen vs mode and also a survival mode.

Just my 0.2 cents.

Graham

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh schweeeeeeeeeett..................................

anyone modded aussie ps2 successfully or just used those boot discs successfully??

that sega site (first link page six) showed some awesome graphics from other games ! Female shinobi, then the samurai looking one directly underneath it...no chance of pal releases i guess for any games on the page yeh?

Anyone downloaded the movies from teh official site or know somewhere else to download. I get sound but nothing else... blasted useless.....

Personally, I'm not fussed about the lack of a cockpit view in the new Macross game. While I don't mind having the option of a cockpit view for pure flying games, I definitely prefer a chase view for giant robot games.

Whenever I play a robot game with a cockpit view, I get no feeling of actually piloting a giant robot. This is especially true with Macross games, where a cockpit view gives you little feeling of the difference between the three modes (F/B/G). On the other hand, when I can actually see my mecha (ala VF-X2, Armored Core series etc), it gives me more of a feeling of being in control of a giant robot.

I'd much prefer the designers put in a two-player split screen vs mode and also a survival mode.

Just my 0.2 cents.

Graham

I agree.

As for the Hikaru paint scheme... gah! How the heck are they doing this then? Are they going to make a great mix up and tell the SDF story with DYRL designs or what? :blink:

Or is it just a paint scheme you unlock?

Just my 0.2 cents.

Graham

Split screen is cool and all but damn I would love some online link on this game! <_>

I don't know if this has been posted in this thread, but here are some screen shots from "Game Enforcer" magazine showing game play....

And I've re entered the copy in the upper left corner of this image...

Sega’s Robotech Redux

Sega and Bandai are teaming up to bring you the beginning of the Robotech saga in Super Dimensional Fortress Macross this October in Japan. What’s Macross? It’s the Japanese name for the animated series that started it all. The show’s title was changed to Robotech (and other storylines were added) when it came to America in the eighties.

Sega is behind the development of the game, and it’s put Yu Suzuki’s old AM2 studio on the project. Those behind the Aero Dancing flight franchise are working on Macross, and they will fully utilize all three forms of the Veritech fighters.

As for the publishing, Bandai is handling this title in japan. Last year, TDK released Robotech: Battlecry through its license agreement with the animated show. Thus, it seems like there may be conflict between the two companies, as Macross - even under a different moniker - is the foundation of the Robotech story. Game Informer contacted Bandai representative Linda Shannon, who could only say that the company “would consider publishing it in the States.”

post-6-1062705194_thumb.jpg

i wish that the Video Game magazines would get the Macross-Robotech thing right! macross ain't robotektrash! gahh! i hate it when they do that!

The thing is... they are well aware of the difference, they just chose not to acknowledge it. <_<

i hate them even more then! they should suffer the fate of being blown up by the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch!

i wish that the Video Game magazines would get the Macross-Robotech thing right! macross ain't robotektrash! gahh! i hate it when they do that!

The thing is... they are well aware of the difference, they just chose not to acknowledge it. <_<

I think you're definately wrong there. Most of those people are casual anime fans who saw Robotech as kids, and simply don't understand the difference... and probably don't care to. To some it may be a big deal, but for most people it doesn't matter if there's a difference.. They just recognize it from their childhood.

Sheesh, it's not liek they're TRYING to piss us off. :rolleyes:

Pissed off consumers means they won't keep buying their magazines, where's the business sense in that?

I think you're definately wrong there. Most of those people are casual anime fans who saw Robotech as kids, and simply don't understand the difference... and probably don't care to. To some it may be a big deal, but for most people it doesn't matter if there's a difference.. They just recognize it from their childhood.

Sheesh, it's not liek they're TRYING to piss us off. :rolleyes:

Pissed off consumers means they won't keep buying their magazines, where's the business sense in that?

No I'm not. Gamespot and ign are clearly aware of the difference. Both have many times stated how much they hate when fanboys keep sending them emails stating the difference.

On the E3 coverage one of the editors mentioned they listened to Macross OSTs all the way from SF to LA or where ever E3 was held.

Even further.... IGN has anime reviews, they are aware of the difference. Once, they talked about the RT:BC review, and one of the editor mentioned all the preview articles had been done by an intern who wasn't aware of the difference.

As far as other magazine go.... some might not, but they are mostly aware of the difference specially if you consider how Japan exposed they are.

P.S. You also got to note that when VFX2 and M3 were out or about to be released.... neither was called Robotech back then.

Edited by Abombz!!

No I'm not. Gamespot and ign are clearly aware of the difference. Both have many times stated how much they hate when fanboys keep sending them emails stating the difference.

On the E3 coverage one of the editors mentioned they listened to Macross OSTs all the way from SF to LA or where ever E3 was held.

Even further.... IGN has anime reviews, they are aware of the difference. Once, they talked about the RT:BC review, and one of the editor mentioned all the preview articles had been done by an intern who wasn't aware of the difference.

As far as other magazine go.... some might not, but they are mostly aware of the difference specially if you consider how Japan exposed they are.

P.S. You also got to note that when VFX2 and M3 were out or about to be released.... neither was called Robotech back then.

Well, a lot also depends on who is doing the preview or review. IGN isn't just one person. Some people people are going to know the difference and some won't. Either way, the reason they "hate" it when fanboys inform them of the difference is probably because the fanboys are rude about it, no suprise that they might get annoyed...

Well, a lot also depends on who is doing the preview or review. IGN isn't just one person. Some people people are going to know the difference and some won't. Either way, the reason they "hate" it when fanboys inform them of the difference is probably because the fanboys are rude about it, no suprise that they might get annoyed...

No doubt about it. But then again, the offices are not open space, theres alot of living and sharing in there.... so some things will probably be common knowledge.

But I also atribute to RT:BC I guess.

{Begin saracstic voice} I'm sure all the magazines in the world get it wrong just because they're out to piss you off, not because the majority of people playing video games doesn't care, or because the Amaricanized version of Macross is Robotech and most people would be far less confused if a Macross game was referred to as Robotech since what most kids in the U.S. saw was ROBOTECH, and most kids in the U.S. that would by that game have never heard of Macross, or if they have it's not something they are intimatly aware of, I think it is most definatly just to piss you off {end sarcasm}

{Begin saracstic voice} I'm sure all the magazines in the world get it wrong just because they're out to piss you off, not because the majority of people playing video games doesn't care, or because the Amaricanized version of Macross is Robotech and most people would be far less confused if a Macross game was referred to as Robotech since what most kids in the U.S. saw was ROBOTECH, and most kids in the U.S. that would by that game have never heard of Macross, or if they have it's not something they are intimatly aware of, I think it is most definatly just to piss you off {end sarcasm}

ok, ok, i get the point, i was just ranting bout my disliking them thats all.

They still need to be snuffed out with the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

ok i saw ALL of the videos.. By the gameplay you can CLEARLY tell this was developed primarily by Am2's aerodancing team. Doesnt look like you jsut float around like in VFX2. Missles launch in an AWESOME realistic yet awesome yet way that TOTALLY beats out battlecry. It is more intense.

Also the dogfights and the damn SOUND EFFECTS~! holy crap.

I know its no supposed to be realistic but its realism beats out battlecry by a vast margin just LOOK at it move!!!!

man i gotta mod my ps2 somehow now

You forget.... the first saga of macross was called Macross saga. And BTW... that hardly classifies as all the magazines in the world. Macross is well known outside the US. It will be far less confusing when the game is released in the US as Macross and ppl realize its not Robotech.

And besides... it doesn't piss me off at all, ppl who are willingly ignorant and spread misinformation are just pathetic. :)

Edited by Abombz!!

I too was confused about what they were saying in the article.. I had a feeling someone would post about it too. :p

I just wish they would get it right for the sake of publishing accurate information.

Anyway, I thought the pictures looked cool and I wanted to share them in case you guys hadn't seen them....

So how much does it cost to convert your US PS2 to one that will play ALL PS2 games? Don't you have to replace a chip or something??

GEEZ Abombz!! you already have almost 600 posts!!! I didn't even have that many on my old account.... :lol::blink:

Edited by rocco_77