New Macross Game from Sega for PS2

twich

kakizaki is definately in the game. was walking by some video game store here and saw the preview for it. had the whole kakizai death scene.

TV or DYRL?

I like this squadron. Hope Yamato will release some in 1/60! That or I'll have to gve a thought to buy some on the next HLJ sale to customize. ;)

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about having to fly purple Valks as well. Let's hope that they are just a supporting squadron or one of a choice of squadron colors that you can choose.

Graham

Bah!! You ppl!! <_<

I hope they make our valks pink... so you guys will just have to swallow your pride and play with a "gay" valk. B)

Hey nice scans Graham!

BTW, here's a great link with a great pic:

http://www.zdnet.co.jp/games/gsnews/0309/1.../19/news16.html

Hmmm... is that a poster that you get when you pre-order? If so... :D~~~

And wait, there's another one not uncovered yet!

BTW, I also hope that the 'Bull' squadron is just a support group... and from most of the movies/game scenes, I haven't seen any purple fighters... but perhaps you progress the ranks throughout the game...?

Anyways, just one more month... can hardly wait...

It seems that they are releasing mech games for the PS2 like crazy... There was at least 2 Gundam titles in the past 2 months, a Macross title coming up and the new sequel to Gundam DX in December (Z Gundam: Titans VS AEUG) - mecha fans rejoice! :>

It would be really great if after flying several missions and graduating from rookie status, the game allows you to custom your own color scheme. I really don't want to be stuck in a purple VF-1 :(

I'm hoping if the game engine is good and the game is popular then we might see other Macross games using the same engine, like Macross Zero or Macross Plus.

Graham

Steers and Queers

Steers and Queers

Where you come from all Steers and Queers

And you ain't got no horns, boy!

(yessir, yessir)

These pics from Graham make me think more and more that your character is part of the "Longhorn" Squadron.

Purple Schemes aside, I think it'd be great either way if you can customize your paintsheme... especially a squadron logo. Like who WOULDN'T want to be a member of the Sweatin' To The Oldies Squadron?

post-6-1064381714_thumb.jpg

I think the idea of a Longhorns Squadron is kinda weird. I generally don't associate large range animals with Macross, but whatever. The colors don't bother me that much, seeing as how we'll barely noticed the color or the ridiculous squadron logo in gameplay.

As for White Drew's chilling picture: :blink:

But it makes you wonder, what kind of effect would Richard Simmons have on the Zentradi? :o

It's a chilling thought.

It would be really great if after flying several missions and graduating from rookie status, the game allows you to custom your own color scheme. I really don't want to be stuck in a purple VF-1 :(

I'm hoping if the game engine is good and the game is popular then we might see other Macross games using the same engine, like Macross Zero or Macross Plus.

Graham

i think if you want, you can choose to play as any of the original characters. they only added these new characters/valkyries in to give players something different.

anyways, i heard this game will be at the tokyo game show this saturday. ill let everyone know.

I like the cannon fodder colours. The thing I don't like is that the Longhorns squadron looks like a cheap bootleg of Skull squadron, just using the colour purple. They might as well let you play as the real deal.

If they wanted to add another squadron so you could rise up the ranks or whatever, they could have given you an entirely original paint scheme, even basing it off another real Air Force or Navy squadron.

It's a relatively minor complaint, though. I'm still looking forward to this game.

Hey White Drew Carey, you Sail the Seas of Cheese too?? LOL

Hey Graham, do you think they might add Gunnery Sargeant Hartman as the Senior Drill Instructor for the squandron?

"I will motivate you Private Pile, even if it short Di*ks every cannibal in the Congo!"

Thanks Graham for the pics of all the goodies from the game...let us just hope that we are able to get this game in the USA without having to B.O.H.I.C.A.!!

Larry T.

Wow , this game seems to worth the wait afterall , It's nice to see Mikimoto's work in a macross production once again , even if it's not an animation, though the blonde bloke looks a bit weird IMO. The purple scheme doesn't bother me at all to be totally honest , but in any case custom colour schemes would be a pretty good addition.

it seems as if this game is at last recieving some proper support from the parties involved in the production (i.e. Bandai's marketing support and SEGA's game development experience ) so all in all it's seems we'll at last get something half-decent from the game industry :lol: .

Hey that's the Rocks Valk. He's gonna rock bottom a power armor.

Can you smeeeeeeeeeeeeell what the Rock is Flyin'

This could be revolutionary. A valk that can body slam its enemies. Then he'll drop the UN Spacy Elbow.

Wow and the colors are gay just like the Rock himself. :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by jwinges

Longhorns.....Saw 'em off baby. Saw 'em off. t.u. Sucks.....

hey, at least that valk isn't burnt orange. that would make this game suck.

( its a college thing )

:D

Whoop! Are you an Aggie? I was class of '02 Company N-1

I was '02 too! WHOOP! i was a non-reg, though. lived over in Appelt Hall. good to see another Aggie around here!

Hey Graham, do you think they might add Gunnery Sargeant Hartman as the Senior Drill Instructor for the squandron?

"I will motivate you Private Pile, even if it short Di*ks every cannibal in the Congo!"

Aww I'd love to see that.

"You will not laugh! You will not cry! You will learn by the numbers! I will teach you!"

Wasn't Kawamori a Kuberik fan? Maybe they'll be someone based off Hartman...

Aww I'd love to see that.

"You will not laugh! You will not cry! You will learn by the numbers! I will teach you!"

Wasn't Kawamori a Kuberik fan? Maybe they'll be someone based off Hartman...

Kawamori's a big Kubrick fan. Lots of 2001 homages in Macross Plus.

Bowman was the lead character in 2001 (Dave), which was also Guld's last name.

Kubrick homages are great. it would have been great to see Hikaru, Max and Roy beat Kakizaki with bars of soap.