Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

Just as a counter view to Kresphy's post.

I may be wrong, but I haven't seen anywhere that the VF-25F bundled with baby-blue FPs are being advertised as the "Movie Version", unless the linked GA article states that.

AFAIK, they are only being advertised so far as "Renewal Version", which may or may not be the version we will see in the movie.

Graham

It depends on how accurate the GA Graphics site that kresphy linked to is. Since there, it says: "“東京おもちゃショー2009”では、劇場版カラーのVF-25F スーパーメサイアバルキリースーパーパーツ装備アルト機が出展されていた。" Or: "At the 2009 Tokyo Toy Show, the Movie Color Super Parts for the VF-25F Super Messiah Valkyrie (Alto Type) were presented."

So the blog SAYS it's the movie version. The labels on the toys themselves don't seem to say anything one way or another.

I don't know if it's Bandai chunky design or what, but that baby blue and dark gray look disgusting, I really hope they are not 'movie' version <_<

Yeah, I am not a fan of the color changes. Doesn't seem to make sense other than to sell more of the same ole toys with a new paint job.

I was kinda hoping to see a strike pack version myself.

Now if Michael and Lucas's Messiah's are white with stripes, then that would definitely make the movie an homage to DYRL... B))

Edited by Zinjo

And can see the insignia too, in the top of the concert arena in the trailer (0:59 min.)

If i'm not wrong, it was one of the first images about the movie, leaked in some magazines.

;)

post-7222-1248349708_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saouri

And can see the insignia too, in the top of the concert arena in the trailer (0:59 min.)

If i'm not wrong, it was one of the first images about the movie, leaked in some magazines.

;)

Ahhh, OK...

It makes sense now. The Fairy wing, etc...

Nice trailer. More Frontier can only be a good thing, esp since this is probably the last new Macross we're getting for a while.

Am I the only one who can't get the "Itchy and Scratchy" movie out of their head when seeing this, though? I suppose all that Japanese text is proudly proclaiming "53% New Footage!". :D

Nice trailer. More Frontier can only be a good thing, esp since this is probably the last new Macross we're getting for a while.

Am I the only one who can't get the "Itchy and Scratchy" movie out of their head when seeing this, though? I suppose all that Japanese text is proudly proclaiming "53% New Footage!". :D

Dang it now I have the theme to Itchy and Scratchy in my head now. :lol:

Kinda. I'm still Going to "Acquire" it anyway

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

I went to Megumi Nakajima's "Sound Rasberry" concert tonight.

Couldnt see anyone from the boards that I knew there, although I did see one fellow gaijin rush in at the last moment.

Anyways, as a concert it was pretty good, especially for 4500 yen.

We got most of the usual suspects - Seikou Hikou, Anata no Oto, as well as My Boyfriends a Pilot and Tenshi no E no Gu (REALLY good version - I was getting Flashbacks to Flashback 2012, hehehe). The only song missing in action that was noticeable was Aimo.

Overall I'd say there was a 50-50 split of Macross songs and her own stuff, which is understandable now that Macross F is over. Megumi was a little more aggressive in her singing style than previously (its amazing how much she has matured as a live performer over the past 12 months) - I swear she can give May'n a run for her money as far as sass is concerned, and she does good renditions of both Minmay songs and Voices from Macross Pluss. She just keeps going from strength to strength. (She taught the audience a special dance too - Yes we were coached by Ranka in dance...hahaha). It will be interesting to see what May'n has been up to at her next concert in August....

The big reveal of the concert was the first ever performance of a new song for the Macross Frontier theatrical release in November. The song is called 'Sou da yo' (That's right!) and is (despite the name) a slower ballad. Of course it was written by Yoko Kanno and Maaya was apparently involved in it as well. So keep an eye (ear?) out for it at the end of the year!

And on a side note - those who had purchased Megumis new DVD got a pass to shake her hand at a meet and greet after the show. It was more meet than greet (the handlers gave each person no more than 3 seconds before herding them on) but it was just enough time to shake her had and thank her for the concert. I don't think I'll ever wash my hand again .... (eeew?)

She didn't do "Ai obeteimasuka?" Would have thought that would be included since she did Tenshi no enougu.

While we would always prefer the original, or atleast I would anyway, managing to hear her sing it live during the TAF concert really brings out the range she could achieve.

New CD:

Macross Gannen Kinen Chojiku Anthem: Iki wo Shiteiru Kanjiteiru (Title subject to change) (CDA)

Price: Yen- 1000, US$(10.45) Release Date: 14-Oct-2009

Single release from line of singers from anime series ""Macross"", Mari Iijima, FIRE BOMBER, May'n, and Megumi Nakajima commemorating Macross's first year of a new era! Produced by Mari Ijima (Lynn Minmay).

http://cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=V..._campaign=ANIME

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%81%AF%E3%82%92...0754&sr=8-1

She didn't do "Ai obeteimasuka?" Would have thought that would be included since she did Tenshi no enougu.

While we would always prefer the original, or atleast I would anyway, managing to hear her sing it live during the TAF concert really brings out the range she could achieve.

Am pretty sure that the only 2 original Macross songs she did were Tenshi and Pilot.

Mind you, Im pretty crap at remembering specific songs sometimes ^^;

New CD:

Macross Gannen Kinen Chojiku Anthem: Iki wo Shiteiru Kanjiteiru (Title subject to change) (CDA)

Single release from line of singers from anime series ""Macross"", Mari Iijima, FIRE BOMBER, May'n, and Megumi Nakajima commemorating Macross's first year of a new era! Produced by Mari Ijima (Lynn Minmay).

Nice find! Wouldve liked an album but hey its better than nothing!

Wow, they are really milking everything they can find.

If its quality milk then i say pull those teets allday,new macross stuff is more then welcome

but if its stale,sitting in the sun milk then,leave it be until you get some fresh stuff.

Macross's first year of a new era! Produced by Mari Ijima (Lynn Minmay).

Nice to see Mari, getting into the production side of the business. She's been producing her own albums for years now...

Wow, they are really milking everything they can find.

Hey, when an intermittent show like Macross hits, then everyone involved milks the property until its dry, since no one really knows when the next production will be... B))

Unlike Gundam where you are nearly guaranteed a new series every two years...

Hey, when an intermittent show like Macross hits, then everyone involved milks the property until its dry, since no one really knows when the next production will be... B))

Unlike Gundam where you are nearly guaranteed a new series every two years...

I think that I prefer that Macross operates like that. As nice as it would be to have new Macross on a more regular basis, it would probably hurt the quality of the show.

Taksraven

I think that I prefer that Macross operates like that. As nice as it would be to have new Macross on a more regular basis, it would probably hurt the quality of the show.

Taksraven

I have to agree with that. I prefer quality, not quantity...

New CD:

Nice! But do we know what's actually on this cd? The price is surprisingly low, which leads me to believe it's a single or EP...

Edited by crasis

MAKU-ON

cos K-ON

^^

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/k-on/goods/cd.html

http://ranobe.com/up/src/up381459.jpg

MF Movie has new Valk??????????????????????????

マクロスファイターコレクション2

http://www.happinetonline.com/NASApp/mnas/...D=4907953475793

劇場版記念機体?

劇場版公開機体??

シークレット???

4907953475793_500.jpg

Edited by kresphy

MF Movie has new Valk??????????????????????????

マクロスファイターコレクション2

http://www.happinetonline.com/NASApp/mnas/...D=4907953475793

劇場版記念機体?

劇場版公開機体??

シークレット???

Interesting. I'd wager the 劇場版記念機体 (theatrical feature anniversary machine) and 劇場版公開機体 (theatrical feature opening machine) are probably just going be some minorly redesigned, different paint job type releases (Like with DYRL?), but the third シークレット (secret), definately feels like it could be something entirely new.

Wasn't there some public interview at an event or similiar some months ago, where Alto's VA said to Kawamori that the movie ought to introduce something like a VF-29, to which Kawamori cryptically replied that he might be surprised at what he's going to be flying in the movie? Anyone else have a memory of something like that?

I vaguely remember it going like that. IIRC, Yuuichi Nakamura said maybe he would fly something new for the movie to which Kawamori just smiled. "New" could be that baby-blue VF-25 Super we've been seeing or that YF-25 1/72 limited edition kit.

I vaguely remember it going like that. IIRC, Yuuichi Nakamura said maybe he would fly something new for the movie to which Kawamori just smiled. "New" could be that baby-blue VF-25 Super we've been seeing or that YF-25 1/72 limited edition kit.

YF-25

83a5d7690f0e466d51ac0071ef7fd3b4.jpg