Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

Kind of disappointed that Mikimoto's manga is going to focus on Minmay, rather than a lesser known character or an entirely new character/setting.

Well they would probably branch out into that as well eventually, just like the Astray stories for Gundam SEED/Destiny. Gundam has already shown that side stories can be pretty lucrative in terms of toy sales ^_^

It still amazes me that they didn't correct the blown wing reappearing in episode 7. These are just minor twitches, but that was so evident you needn't hit "pause" to notice it.

Kind of disappointed that Mikimoto's manga is going to focus on Minmay, rather than a lesser known character or an entirely new character/setting.

Well considering Minmay is one of his favorite characters to draw, it was probably the only way to get him to come back to doing a Manga in the franchise.

Not to mention Minmay is one of the most enduring characters of SDFM. 25 years later she is still very popular....

I´d much prefer to know what the Macross Frontier manga will be about. And who will be scanning and translating it. ^_^

If it's by Hayato Aoki, I'll probably pass...I haven't been thrilled by his art in the official MacF comic.

I really hope they don't go overboard with side stories. One thing I like about Macross is that it's a huge, sprawling epic, but it's not as confused and confusing as, say, the Gundam universe(s). Just to take take a minor example, there are so many One-Year-War side stories, each with its own Gundam, that the Gundam Mk. II from Zeta should by all rights be the Gundam Mk. XXII or something. <_<

I really hope they don't go overboard with side stories. One thing I like about Macross is that it's a huge, sprawling epic, but it's not as confused and confusing as, say, the Gundam universe(s). Just to take take a minor example, there are so many One-Year-War side stories, each with its own Gundam, that the Gundam Mk. II from Zeta should by all rights be the Gundam Mk. XXII or something. <_<

If it comes to that, I'm gonna give up trying to keep up with Macross. Macross is small and easy to digest. Gundam is like a 25-course meal with side dishes to the main dishes...

Agreed. I've cut back on Newtype, and I've already decided that if this latest Macross magazine is monthly, I'm going to have to give it a pass.

Not to mention that space to store it all is running out...

If it comes to that, I'm gonna give up trying to keep up with Macross. Macross is small and easy to digest. Gundam is like a 25-course meal with side dishes to the main dishes...

Agreed. "The 08th Destroid Team" is a punch line, not a series proposal.

Macross has already got to the stage where it's getting too expensive to keep on purchasing all the merchandise released.

Having to start being selective now.

Graham

Hmmm...it depends on what you're talking about. I don't get the toys, so that leaves a lot of room in my bank account that could conceivably go towards books, magazines, CDs, and DVDs.

That said, I haven't picked up the "Official Files" or "2059 Memories," and I doubt I will any time soon. For me, Macross Chronicle comes first, Macross Ace will be second, CDs are third, and saving up for expensive import DVD box sets comes fourth.

And in case you're wondering, canned bread isn't even in the running.

I wouldn't worry about it, in a year or two we'll probably be back at the semi-hibernation stage of Macross, where we'll be trying to pick up everything we skipped in the interim, trying to find issue 04 of Macross Chronicle or score a rare unopened can of bread on ebay, just because.

People most likely said the same about the 1/55 Elintseeker back in the day...

EDIT for spelling duh

Edited by Renato

Agreed. I've cut back on Newtype, and I've already decided that if this latest Macross magazine is monthly, I'm going to have to give it a pass.

Not to mention that space to store it all is running out...

For monthly mags, I'm just sticking with Dengeki Hobby and Hobby Japan. Other mags I only buy if I hear they have a Macross article I'm interested in. I never keep my mags more than a month. I remove the Macross pages and store them all in a seperate ring file. Saves on storage space that way. I'm up to about 4 big ring binders full of Macross artices now.

For specific Macross goods, I'm sticking with Chonicles for the meantime, although to be honest it hasn't been as good as I was expected, so I may or may not carry on to the end (still undecided).

Frontier CDs and DVDs I have been and will continue to buy, same with Frontier books.

For toys, I'm starting to cut back due to space and money restrictions. I may not get the Yamato 1/60 VF-1J, but will probably buy at least 1 of the upcoming 1/60 Frontier toys.

Graham

For specific Macross goods, I'm sticking with Chonicles for the meantime, although to be honest it hasn't been as good as I was expected, so I may or may not carry on to the end (still undecided).

Chronicles DOES have some little gems sprinkled among the already-well-known bits of info...my feeling about is that it's meant to be an encyclopedia of Macross, not "The Secrets of Macross."

Some of the original art in it hasn't been my cup of tea, but I think most of it has been quite awesome.

Of course, I'm waiting for more Frontier information, and I'm curious as to what the Timeline's going to say between 2012 and 2040.

And I really, REALLY hope they have Goods Sheets for the twenty or so Macross novels that have come out.

Chronicle, a VF-25S model and MF DVDs. Importing costs money. Heck, Yamato is out of the question. Good time to be a young Macross fan. Ones who have disposable income and room to store all this stuff.

Ooo-aaa. I felt like a kid in a candy store when I went to the book shop today. Two new modeling magazines, featuring the VF-25 on the cover AND rather largish articles on Macross and Macross plastic model buildings (less on former, more on later.) I can only remember the first one I glanced at, Model Graphix. Why? They have a build-up of a VF-4. And lying next to the model in the picture is lineart of the VF-4's engine nacelle line art! *drool* I'm debating wheither I should pick it up or not.

Nevertheless, total coolness seeing all the Macross related content taking up a large amount of bookstore shelf real estate.

Ooo-aaa. I felt like a kid in a candy store when I went to the book shop today. Two new modeling magazines, featuring the VF-25 on the cover AND rather largish articles on Macross and Macross plastic model buildings (less on former, more on later.) I can only remember the first one I glanced at, Model Graphix. Why? They have a build-up of a VF-4. And lying next to the model in the picture is lineart of the VF-4's engine nacelle line art! *drool* I'm debating wheither I should pick it up or not.

Nevertheless, total coolness seeing all the Macross related content taking up a large amount of bookstore shelf real estate.

Hell, good enough for me. I'll be picking them up once my local Japanese bookstore brings them in since I know they actually carry those mags. I do understand your problem though, I have a very small room and I've run out of room already like, at the start of this year?

It's a combination of this and the currency rate atm that's the very reason I haven't ordered the Bandai's VF-25s. And I know atleast one of my friends that has had to cancel his orders for his too for the same reason.

Hmm? And here I figured that people would be happy that we're finally getting more material focusing on one of the original cast.

woa woa, Mikimoto is making a Minmei manga?? any more info on this? will this be focused on SDFM or after flashback 2012?

Since the title of the comic is "Macross: The First" and the name of the magazine is Macross Ace, I'm guessing you can tell roughly what it's going to be like from checking out "Gundam: The Origin" in Gundam Ace and "Ultraman: The First" in Tokusatsu Ace.

In other words, it'll probably be a retelling of the original series. I wonder if he's going to do the whole story, or if it'll just be a little bit.

Remember, Macross Ace could end up being like Zeta Gundam Ace...just a handful of issues.

If it is a retelling, then now everybody can have Macross while doing number 2. :p

Hey, if it's as good as Gundam the Origin, then it'll be considerably better than toilet-reading.

No matter what it's about, or how good it is, though, I think we can all expect that it'll look gorgeous.

Agreed. "The 08th Destroid Team" is a punch line, not a series proposal.

Hmm, how about "300", the story of a battalion of Spartan destroid holding the line against thousands of Regult, the tagline would be.....yup....you're right....."This is SPARTAAAA......" :lol:

Hmm, how about "300", the story of a battalion of Spartan destroid holding the line against thousands of Regult, the tagline would be.....yup....you're right....."This is SPARTAAAA......" :lol:

How long would it take to watch 300 Destroids blow up? 'Cause that's how long the movie would be... :D

Don't tease me....

I actually would consider it in a heartbeat, if it weren't for the bad exchange rate at the moment and the dreaded customs tax...

I'm insane that way. Probably explains why some of my friends insist on follow me around last time I went shopping in Akiba.

Macross F O.S.T 3 娘たま♀ is out, you can search it in SHARE.

^^

I have downloaded the ost3 from another source, and all the songs doesn't have its name, so...

can anyone pls tell me the name of the Extended version of the previously 7min+ Nyan Nyan Service Medley?

o btw the ost 3 doesn't have the Nyan Nyan Service Medley isn't it?

See: http://www.macrossf.com/information/information.html for title info.

BTW, the name of the CD is "VOCAL COLLECTION「娘たま♀」" or "VOCAL COLLECTION ALBUM 「娘たま♀」", which *may* explain why people aren't having much luck finding it in searches.

Released today.