Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

From ANN:

Kadokawa to Launch Macross-Related Magazine in January

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An ad in the December issue (released on November 10) of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine has announced that Kadokawa will "super dimensionally launch" a Macross-related magazine next January. Shogakukan and We've, Inc. have already been releasing Macross Chronicle, a biweekly reference publication devoted to this science-fiction romance anime franchise, since this past July. Kadokawa has been publishing Gundam Ace, a monthly manga magazine that focuses exclusively on a different robot anime franchise, since 2001.

Macross has experienced a resurgence in popularity since the latest television series, Macross Frontier, aired in Japan from April to September of this year. Gakken published a Macross guide series called Macross Frontier Official File in a magazine-style book ("mook") format, although only two volumes have been published so far.

Is this the rumored "Macross Ace"? I wonder how much like Gundam Ace it'll be...I can't imagine Macross supporting a monthly 500-page monstrosity. I hope it's more like the way Gundam Ace was in its first year: quarterly and rather slim.

And I wonder who they could get as a big-name manga artist? Mikimoto's rather busy these days, unless Ecole du Ciel is coming to a close...

Is this the rumored "Macross Ace"? I wonder how much like Gundam Ace it'll be...I can't imagine Macross supporting a monthly 500-page monstrosity. I hope it's more like the way Gundam Ace was in its first year: quarterly and rather slim.

And I wonder who they could get as a big-name manga artist? Mikimoto's rather busy these days, unless Ecole du Ciel is coming to a close...

I can't imagine that there's enough material for a magazine. Gundam I can see, but Macross?

I can't imagine that there's enough material for a magazine. Gundam I can see, but Macross?

Sure...you get Mikimoto to do "Macross: The Origin," the character designer from Zero can do "Focker's Deleted Affair(s)," get some other big name character designer to do a side story called "Macross 2042," and then a bunch of no-name people to do a bunch of other comics that no one will really care about. It'll be GREAT!! :p

(Nah, I'm sure it'll be better than that...but still, I'm a little worried.)

Sure...you get Mikimoto to do "Macross: The Origin," the character designer from Zero can do "Focker's Deleted Affair(s)," get some other big name character designer to do a side story called "Macross 2042," and then a bunch of no-name people to do a bunch of other comics that no one will really care about. It'll be GREAT!! :p

(Nah, I'm sure it'll be better than that...but still, I'm a little worried.)

I just hope that Macross doesn't end as a "flavored" franchise as Gundam with shows and merchandise À la carte

What are Gundam Ace contents like? side stories?

Could this possibly mean that a Macross 2012 movie or series in the works given the rise in popularity of Macross? ^_^

Only Macross F the movie has been confirmed so far. Besides, SK already have two other non-Macross project underway.

The main attraction since issue one has been "Gundam: The Origin" - a re-telling of MSG by Yoshikazu Yasuhiko. Mikimoto has a long running series Mobile Suit Gundam: Ecole du Ciel that starts out at a military school for training future MS pilots and shifts to the Titans-AEUG conflict in later chapters. That series has gone on a months-long hiatus, although it should be drawing to a close. Mikimoto has stated on his website he's fine health-wise, but since this is his longest running work by far, he seems to be kind of burnt out on it, citing his "low capacity". I wonder if he has the heart to do another long series in Macross Ace. I personally think his Macross 7: Trash series was somewhat inconsequential...

He was slated to be character design for Appleseed : Genesis but that project was cancelled. Hopefully he'll get involved in another anime project - maybe even a Macross project.

And until then you can enjoy Mikimoto's work in Tytania ...it's not really all that good of a show. It's like Legend of Galatic Heroes, only with more focus on the fine art of tea drinking. You know, boring...

But the production does have Noburo Ishiguro as it's director and Kazutaka Miyatake as one of the mechanical designer. All part of the original SDF Macross production team.

It's pretty much as Jonias says, except I would add that there are a variety of (mostly short-running) comics, from various Gundam universes, some serious, some gag-style (and one which is about a young woman who is the biggest Gundam nerd you've ever seen), lots of news articles and interviews, and some of the more prominent staff and cast of Gundam have their own columns (Yoshiyuki Tomino interviews someone every month, the voice actress for Lalah does a horoscope, Kunio Okawara shows off different Gundam-related things he's designed...stuff like that).

If Macross Ace is similar, I'd imagine that it would contain about four or five different comic series, and lots of talking to the Macross creators (staff and actors). Like Azrael said, I'm not sure there's enough stuff going on with Macross to make it a fully satisfying magazine, but we'll see.

for some reason my videos aren't playing correctly any more with zoom player or VLC even though it played fine a week ago and next to nothing has changed on my computer sense then. the video is either jumpy or lags behind the audio :unsure:

Try Media Player Classic?

Try Media Player Classic?

that program auto closes after it opens and begins playing the file, when it did end up playing(i don't know how i got it to do that) the video was upside down, it only seems to do it with .mkv files, my macross 7 files( .avi's) work fine, still upside down though, but i fixed that in the render options.

Edited by evirus

that program auto closes after it opens and begins playing the file, when it did end up playing(i don't know how i got it to do that) the video was upside down, it only seems to do it with .mkv files, my macross 7 files( .avi's) work fine, still upside down though, but i fixed that in the render options.

Check for new codecs....

オズマ(Ozma)?

NOooooo

オバマ(Obama)!!!!!!

Orz~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obama Star

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqyaVH5R-7s

1226591286556.jpg

Macross Ace VOL.01!!!

The legend IDOL Lynn Minmay!!!

Mikimoto Haruhiko will be returned!!

今月の少年エースの告知から

マクロスエースvol.001 2009年1月26日 角川より発売予定 価格表示なし

・伝説のアイドル リン・ミンメイが今ここに現る!

美樹本晴彦 超時空要塞マクロス THE FlRST(仮)80ページ超コミカライズ

・吉野弘幸も参戦!?マクロスエースオリジナルストーリー

ノシ マクロスF~しーくれっとびじょんず~(仮)

他 エースの青木ハヤト、コンプの水島空彦、スニーカーの小太刀右京のALL描きおろし掲載

http://imepita.jp/20081121/653630

Edited by kresphy

Sure...you get Mikimoto to do "Macross: The Origin"...

Macross Ace VOL.01!!!

今月の少年エースの告知から

・伝説のアイドル リン・ミンメイが今ここに現る!

ノシ マクロスF~しーくれっとびじょんず~(仮)

DAMN! I was right... :blink:

Macross Ace VOL.01!!!

今月の少年エースの告知から

・伝説のアイドル リン・ミンメイが今ここに現る!

ノシ マクロスF~しーくれっとびじょんず~(仮)

http://imepita.jp/20081121/653630

OH, SWEEEEEET!! It sounded too good to be true... but it is!! Is this gonna be a monthly? Probably not a weekly, right?

Thanks as always for the scoop-da, Kresphy! B))

OH, SWEEEEEET!! It sounded too good to be true... but it is!! Is this gonna be a monthly? Probably not a weekly, right?

Thanks as always for the scoop-da, Kresphy! B))

From ANN:

Famed character designer and manga creator Haruhiko Mikimoto (Macross, Gundam 0080, Aim for the Top! Gunbuster) will be drawing the tentatively titled manga The Super Dimension Fortress Macross the First in the recently revealed Macross Ace magazine from Kadokawa Shoten. The January issue (on sale on November 26) of Kadokawa's Monthly Shonen Ace magazine will make the announcement. Vol. 001 of Macross Ace will debut on January 26, 2009 with 80 pages from Mikimoto's new manga. The manga will feature the star of the original Macross space war romance story that Mikimoto co-created, Lynn Minmay.

The magazine will also feature a tentatively titled Macross Frontier: Secret Visions story from Hiroyuki Yoshino, the series script supervisor for Macross Frontier. Macross Frontier is the recent 25th anniversary television series that helped bring about a resurgence in this science-fiction franchise's popularity. Monthly Shonen Ace's Hayato Aoki (Macross Frontier manga), Monthly Comp Ace's Sorahiko Mizushima (Macross Frontier: Dakishimete, Ginga no Hate made manga) and the Sneaker Bunko imprint's Ukyō Kodachi (Macross Frontier novels) will appear in the magazine.