Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

But... don't you know that if you redesign the Alternators to look like the movie designs they look JUST LIKE the movie designs?

How can you POSSIBLY not like the movie designs and still like Alternators?!?!

Redesign them how? With an electric blender? And then randomly glue the shredded remains back together.. genius B))

Alternators was the best TF toyline ever, no exceptions. Masterpiece a close second.

Edited by Tober

Alternators was the best TF toyline ever, no exceptions. Masterpiece a close second.
I love planes..so MP seekers are the best to me. I only wish they make a MP Jetfire that turns into a Tomcat, primarily because I want a transforming F-14 Tomcat. Yeah I know you guys want cartoon accurate Skyfire, and I'd buy one too, but F-14's RULE!

I love planes..so MP seekers are the best to me. I only wish they make a MP Jetfire that turns into a Tomcat, primarily because I want a transforming F-14 Tomcat. Yeah I know you guys want cartoon accurate Skyfire, and I'd buy one too, but F-14's RULE!

I would have NO problems with Jet/Skyfire as a (preferably Kawamori designed) Masterpiece F-14 Transformer.

Unless he gets the color wrong... yeah, yeah

Am I nuts, or, excluding his right arm---that looks the best of all Devastator toys? And it's got 7, not 6 components...

If it weren't you (Mighty David Hingtgen), I would say you're nuts. But only because this aversion of mine to almost every toylike creation related to Michael Bay's transformers movies.

Somehow, I am one of those guys stuck on the G1 show and the G1 characters (even though I consider the animated series a very good one), and... for me, Op will always be a mack truck, and devastator will always be... you know... GREEN. And unarticulated, and ugly... but green.

This seems a nice engineered toy, but... but it's no devastator!! Michael Bay raped my childhood!!! Bwaaaa!!!

The previously-convention-only-exclusive Fansproject Powered Commander is to be re-released.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/c...-chrome-167539/

A lot of controversy surrounding this, not so much concerning the fans who feel they "got ripped off" (aka Botcon Seeker Debacle ver 2.0), rather, due to reports that Fansproject themselves stated at TF Con that the molds were destroyed and no more would be made.

Why is it that when anyone complains about the look of the Bayformers someone always comes back with the "G1 fanboy" fallacy?

I own many different Transformers from G1 up to and including recent Animated TFs. I have embraced many different looks and styles and themes over the last 25 years. I also own GoBots, GoDaikins, Gundams, and Macross mecha. I like all sorts of robots and mecha from all sorts of series, covering a broad range of aesthetics and designs.

What I don't like are designs that have bug heads and lack a cohesive shape.

If you like them, that's fine, but that doesn't mean everyone else is automatically a G1 purist with "Nostalgia Glasses". Save that argument for someone who is actually comparing them to G1.

Seconded. I have alot of transforming toys across a variety of lines as well, and I still dislike the Movie aesthetic. Moreover, what really irritates me are transformer characters that do not look like they could transform into anything but a pile of metal shards, i.e. Megatron and Frenzy. Scorponok didn't transform into anything either. The tank version of Megs from the second movie looks about the same, except he has treads on his legs. His Cybertronian tank form looks like a pile of scrap on a set of treads. I don't like the look of Bay's Devastator, either, and the Ravage and Soundwave toys do not transform into anything realistic. They can make anything turn into anything given enough artistic license and a large budget for computer animation, but it feels like a cheat. I'm still hoping that Bay will lose interest in the franchise, and someone like James Cameron will pick it up. Cameron would have been my only choice for helming Transformers.

Check this out: TF ROF Legends class toys of Devastator!!! They will have robot, vehicle modes & combine to form Devastator!!!

Cool!!!

^_^^_^ ^_^

If you ask me, this is still a lame attempt to make up for what should have been. Voyager/Deluxe sized ones that combine. Sucks too, Devastator was the one I was looking forward to getting.

Check this out: TF ROF Legends class toys of Devastator!!! They will have robot, vehicle modes & combine to form Devastator!!!

Cool!!!

^_^^_^ ^_^

It transforms and combines. I'll buy the legends over the other set. It'll save me quite a bit of money/space too....since I'd rather get the big SDF1 that's coming. B))

4th ROTF leader-class Starscream?

It's something we've all been wishing for since the first movie! No pics yet though.

Great news... then you ad ligths and sounds and some other gimmicks for the kids and presto! Fatter than the first movie SS but more expensive!! :lol:

Now really, I hope they make a great Leader SS like the new Leader Prime.

The new pics of Jetfire in robot mode are ok but the kibble is incredible in both modes and combine mode is a giant meh.... I think I'll pass on him.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/t...ht-mode-167580/

Well - now we know WHY ROTF Jetfire combines with Optimus Prime:

It's because pig-backing on Prime sure beats walking around hunched over and using a cane all the time.

It looks like somebody figured "hm - I know - we'll make Jetfire look like my Great Grandfather who spent 50 years working in a coal mine and ended up covered in soot, hunched over, and couldn't walk without a cane."

The combined mode, by the way - is utterly pointless. It's a fine study in "Why Decking TFs in jutted Kibble is a bad idea to begin with."

Why? Because then when you add a "combining" TF - it just looks like you've added more kibble. I mean - WHAT possible benefit has Prime acquired here? Jetfire, we know - he doesn't have to suffer walking with a cane any more - fine - but Prime?

He certainly isn't faster with all that weight dangling off his back.

Has he acquired amazing aero-dynamic wings?

Oh - he has Jetfire's gun. Wow.

Big leap forward there...

It KIND OF reminds me of the combination from Transformers: Cybertron/Galaxy Force - but at least Optimus actually had a NEW CHEST armor plate with a cool Autobot cressent, above the shoulders weapons as well as WINGS.

What has he got here? NOTHING.

As for Jetfire himself...

Is this munkey granfather aesthetic going to be the norm for all jet Transformers now? I mean - clearly the influence of the munkey Starscream design is vissible on this figure. Except Starscream at least had massive gorrila like arms with lots of missiles and stuff in them.

This guy looks like he's been hooked up to an IV. In fact - given the wheel on his cane - they should have just made that thing an IV instead of a cane...

The only thing I like is the Jet mode.

Because it reminds me of Overlord.

I just can't get my head around how bad these look- AGAIN :)

Pete

Knowing as much as I do now about the plot, there is a lot I 'could' explain. However, that would be spoiler territory and I'd rather not go there. Though I'm a fan of the movie-verse, I completely understand why some dislike it. All I can really say is that you should watch the film and form your own opinions.

I picked up a couple of ROTF toys, I got breakaway as he was the only deluxe class autobot there, and sideways. Sideways is almost perfect for color apps, but breakaway needs some work and I've been chugging along at that.

I took some grey, put it on the intake covers, and a black marker for the canopy. he looks much better now.

Pics of ROTF Dlx Soundwave look good but toy-wise sucks ass.

Robot mode fine. He's a robot.

Satellite mode, tucks his head down, rotates his arms up, folds his legs up slightly and that's a Satellite? Plus there a secondary head in this mode. Wtf is there a head doing on a satellite? Still looks like a robot.

Starship mode. Instead of being vertical, lay him down horizontal and ta-dah! He's a spaceship! WTF! Laziest transformers design in awhile!

From my understanding they half-assed the Soundwave toy pretty heavily and he has only a passing resemblance to his on screen appearance. Still some of the new TF2 toys look pretty solid.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I'd be very interested in a movie MP of Prime or Bumblebee or something. Some of the new movie figures look pretty darn good. I'd just be interested to see what MP engineering would get us.

What the ?! looks like a Gremlin ... Me jetfire want YUM YUM.

Uff... In one word: FUGLY. Now Michael Bay has definitely raped my childhood. Damn it, Jetfire was my veryveryveryveryvery-favorite tf in the whole world! Now it looks movie-ish, and like and old man with a crane!! What is it supposed to use for attack? The mighty-stick-on-the-head hit? the mighty cough of the old? The Alzheimer laser?

:unsure:

Bwaaaahhh!!

Thank God we've got the froating'-head-kawamori-san...

Knowing as much as I do now about the plot, there is a lot I 'could' explain

There's a lot I could explain just by looking at him - so here's my guess:

Jetfire is not going to be an old man. Instead, he's meant to be a gremlin crossed with Batman. He's menacing as he swoops around.

The wheel-cane is actually a scanning device that finds Plot Devices - the very Plot Devices that the Plot Devices tattooed on some of the pyramids sygnify.

The wheel-cane is the key to finding the biggest Plot Device of all.

The wheel-cane is Sam's Great Grandfather's glasses II.

That or Jetfire is going to be an old Geazer who talks like Yoda.

"Combine with me you shall. My legs around you I will wrap."

Bwaaaahhh!!

Thank God we've got the froating'-head-kawamori-san...

Yeah. I agree.

When I look at these designs, I'm reminded of HL Menken once noting that Americans have a tendency to love things that are ugly.

There's no other way to explain how this stuff is actually selling well and has been deemed marketable :)

Pete

Guest sh002

can't wait for the fansproject rodimus armor. i'm thinking about getting the igear ultra magnus upgrade set and the teletraan-1 playset for the universe figures.

There's no other way to explain how this stuff is actually selling well and has been deemed marketable :)

You know, other than that they aren't looking at everything through nostalgia goggles. :-P