Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

Yep, I agree .. TF Universe Galvatron shoulda been released as a larger figure.

FYI: TF Animated Target exclusives Sunstorm & Shockwave (in G1 colors) are currently on sale at Target for $4.99.

No, this is NOT a typo!! Both are Voyager class figures with a bonus Activator figure!!

Nice price!!

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/a...for-499-167244/

FYI: TF Animated Target exclusives Sunstorm & Shockwave (in G1 colors) are currently on sale at Target for $4.99.

No, this is NOT a typo!! Both are Voyager class figures with a bonus Activator figure!!

Nice price!!

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Too late now, but I'll check it out in the morning.

And I would kill for an Ultra Galvatron. Just point me at the right mark...

*Shortly after the destruction of SOCCENT Qatar and during the Sec Def's speech at the Pentagon, we see two medical Blackhawks flying in the desert. Are these US Army Blackhawks or USAF Pave Hawks? My DVD is not clear enough to see any service markings besides the red cross.

*Why does the medical UH-1 seen after Scorponok's attack on Captain Lennox's ranger team have the USAF roundel and have "ARMY" marked on the side? Do I classify it as a USAF or US Army craft? It appears to be painted half green (well, some dark colour) and white.

movie2007medicalblackha.th.jpg

movie2007medicalevac.th.jpg

So, anybody have any idea about this?

I was going to ask about the differences between the physical Raptors and the CGI Raptors as well.

Nice price!!

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

The Target I frequent daily had a metric ton of these 2-packs sitting there unsold for weeks. They were still there Friday. I went this morning to grab a Shockwave and, yes, pretty much all gone except a couple Sunstorms. BAH!

I wonder how many of these are going to end up on Ebay as "WOW!!!!LIMITED EDITIONE!!!XCLUSIVE RARE BUY NOWGREAT PRICE!!!!!" items. <_<

Edited by eriku

Well, I woke up, and went straight to Target. They were all on an endcap... they had plenty of Sunstorms, which I passed on as I wasn't really a fan of that mold in the first place, and two Shockwaves. And they really wore on sale (not clearance) for $4.99, so even though I said I was done with Animated and even though I don't think Animated Shockwave looks enough like G1 Shockwave to put him with the Classics/Universe toys, I bought him anyway.

Slightly more disconcerting, especially for those of you who haven't found Ratchet or Hot Shot yet, Target's Universe Deluxes were all on clearance.

EDIT: I'm glad Shockwave was only $5... I'd hate to have bought him at full price. He looks stupid in both alt modes, with pieces that just don't seem to belong and other bot-mode pieces that don't hide well (like his whole freaking head). Longarm doesn't look too bad, but as Shockwave, he seems loose and unable to support the weight of his weapon. Not to mention that his legs are kind of weird and he always seems to be leaning to one side. Oh, and I don't know if it was just mine or if it's a common problem, but his right arm was actually backward, so that in Shockwave mode his arm bent backwards instead of forward at the elbow. I had to remove two screws, pop half of his forearm out, then pop out the other half, turn it all around, and put it back together.

Edited by mikeszekely

I never had an issue with my Shockwave. He can hold his weapon fine and everything is right. I like him because it's cool to see that he is a double agent and they tried they best they could to make it seem like two completely different characters while being the same character. I really like the head transformation.

So, anybody have any idea about this?

- USAF PaveHawks have visible equipment that those don't have. Plus the USAF doesn't fly medical blackhawks. So...that's that.

- Those UH-1s don't have US Aifrorce roundels. There is no such things. They have "high-vis" markings, but that is what US aircraft of any service wear if otherwise non-camoflaged. It says "Army" and has markings consistant with Army usage, I'd say that unless there is something tricky going on, it is what it appears to be.

Went to Target around lunch and got my $5 Shockwave. Is "floppy neck" a common problem in Shockwave mode? He'll hold his head up, but if you look at it funny it'll flop forward, and he stares at the floor. Lots of pins in the chest/neck, not sure how/if it can be opened up to do the nail polish fix.

::edit:: Figure's fine, I just hadn't figured out how the neck joints work yet. (plus the instructions don't talk about it AT ALL--neither the neck collapsing feature, nor how the head/jaw interaction works) Just an arrow pointing up. :p

If your Shockwave has a floppy neck in Shockwave mode---move the base of the neck forward, kind of "over and on top of the collar", and rotate it (pivoting at base of neck) back just a bit. This will make the neck stretched out, with the face being nice and vertical. Neck will overall be "forwardly mounted".

Nice price!!

Thanks for posting that, dude! I just bought Shockwave at full price on Saturday. Went to Target today and got $20 back! B))

Went to Target around lunch and got my $5 Shockwave. Is "floppy neck" a common problem in Shockwave mode? He'll hold his head up, but if you look at it funny it'll flop forward, and he stares at the floor. Lots of pins in the chest/neck, not sure how/if it can be opened up to do the nail polish fix.

::edit:: Figure's fine, I just hadn't figured out how the neck joints work yet. (plus the instructions don't talk about it AT ALL--neither the neck collapsing feature, nor how the head/jaw interaction works) Just an arrow pointing up. :p

If your Shockwave has a floppy neck in Shockwave mode---move the base of the neck forward, kind of "over and on top of the collar", and rotate it (pivoting at base of neck) back just a bit. This will make the neck stretched out, with the face being nice and vertical. Neck will overall be "forwardly mounted".

It's more of a pull forward and up than up...it's a little fidgety. My biggest issue is the chin piece has a tendecy to pop off and almost vanish doing so. But yes, the instructions do suck.

I finallly managed to find a reasonable at Wreck-Gar on Evilbay..for retaill price, atleast. (Minus shipping..oh well.)

Apparently the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

I bitched about WreckGar, then went out and found one. Exactly one laying on a shelf.

Actually, someone walked by, picked it up, looked at it, and set it back down. I saw it as he set it down, went "Oooooh..." and walked over.

I love how his head is kinda cocked to the side with a dopey grin.

But now I have to buy a Ratchet so I can have WreckGar leaning down into Ratchet's face.

"I am only good for one thing. GARBAGE!"

In the meantime, he can just stand there while Blitzwing buries his face in his hands out of embarassment.

I'm glad some of you were able to track down the $5 Target exclusives today ...

B))

I bought 2 Sunstorms this morning, then returned them with my original price $24.99 receipt to get $40 back.

^_^

Isn't that fraud? :blink:

Edited by Grand Admiral

As a retailer myself I would say: no - it's not fraud.

If a retailer has a sloppy system - that's not the customer's problem. If the retailer makes a mistake that is for the benefit of the customer, then technically he can "correct" it - but usually it makes good business sense to let the customer walk away with the benefit.

After all - the whole point is to get the customer to walk back in tomorrow.

Pete

More like 1:1000 I would think?

But I've never been good with counting things like that...

Pete

I always assumed the second number in the scale ratio worked like this: However many Micromaster Roadhandlers it takes lined up end to end to create the same length of an actual Pontiac Firebird. Throw a " 1: " in front of that number and you've got your Micromaster scale.

Isn't that fraud? :blink:

Nope. Target accepts returns with a receipt up to 90 days. I bought the TF Animated exclusives for their original price when they were originally released in March about 3 weeks ago and kept the receipt. Now that they've lowered the price, I simply re-bought them, then returned them with my original receipt. No harm, no foul. Plus, usually Target adjusts changes in price for items for 2 weeks.

B))

Nope. Target accepts returns with a receipt up to 90 days. I bought the TF Animated exclusives for their original price when they were originally released in March about 3 weeks ago and kept the receipt. Now that they've lowered the price, I simply re-bought them, then returned them with my original receipt. No harm, no foul. Plus, usually Target adjusts changes in price for items for 2 weeks.

B))

It IS fraud. You and returned a purchase with the receipt of another, higher-priced, purchase. You admit yourself that you were out of the time period at which Target will adjust for a sale(two weeks versus three).

Whether it's a particularly harmful form of fraud or not is a question that I can't really answer. Among other things, I don't know how or if they get reimbursed for returns.

Assuming no reimbursement, they are out two transformers they can't resell AND the forty dollars they incorrectly refunded you.

No matter what, they lost of forty dollars of revenue on a forged return. How is that no harm, no foul?

It IS fraud. You and returned a purchase with the receipt of another, higher-priced, purchase. You admit yourself that you were out of the time period at which Target will adjust for a sale(two weeks versus three).

Whether it's a particularly harmful form of fraud or not is a question that I can't really answer. Among other things, I don't know how or if they get reimbursed for returns.

Assuming no reimbursement, they are out two transformers they can't resell AND the forty dollars they incorrectly refunded you.

No matter what, they lost of forty dollars of revenue on a forged return. How is that no harm, no foul?

Does it work better for you if he'd returned the ones he bought first, then bought two others at $4.99? Or if be bought two new ones, then instead of returning those two new ones, he returned the actual ones be bought three weeks ago?

He's within Target's return for cash period. He bought two Sunstorms, he returned two Sunstorms. Whether they were the exact Sunstorms is irrelevant. All that's relevant is that he returned two of the sku listed on the receipt, which he did, and which he was in his rights to do. This is the very reason most stores do price adjustments in the first place.

Target is NOT out two Transformers they can't sell; he returned two that can be put back on the endcap and sold for the $4.99 sale price (he bought two at $24.99, bought two more at $4.99, and returned two for $24.99).

The $40 of "lost revenue" isn't his problem. Target is the one that decided to sell them for $4.99

Kudos to those of you lucky enough to take advantage of Target's 4.99 Animated sale. They have now changed the price again, this time to 22.49, which I assume is the price they originally intended. Target has great sales sometimes, but I've never seen an 80% discount on something that has only been on the shelves for a few weeks.

My last wave universe legends arrived. I gave in and let an ebay seller gouge me. :( Anyway, at least he shipped it lightning fast. The figures are awesome, and probably the best of the universe legends so far. What I really like about these universe legends figures is how the transformation is just a tiny bit more complicated than you'd expect and articulation really wasn't sacrificed all that much(and is usually far better than what we saw in the Cybertron legends figures). Wheelie is great in both modes. Warpath can do some cool dynamic poses. Cosmos is probably the least impressive of the three, but the deco is SPOT on G1 toon Cosmos. I also got Rodimus but I'm not going to open him. I already have the deluxe version.

On an impulse I also picked up a red Alternity Convoy. I have mixed feelings on the figure. It looks really nice, has lots of detail, and definitely is a figure with some weight to it. The transformation is a real PITA, and I still can't make sense of how the lower legs are supposed to assemble together. And the videos out there aren't kidding, he's pretty small, deluxe sized. I was convinced the box he arrived in wasn't his, but there was enough room inside for his packaged box plus more.

Guest sh002

found universe ratchet at toys r us. they had a sale and were selling for 7.99. i saw 3 total.

preordered the mp grimlock upgrade kit.

caved in and bought mp grimlock from bigbadtoystore.

can't wait for the rodimus upgrade kit.

Guys, I really like the Target Animated Shockwave.

Think it will go down in price since Ebay is presently flooded with them or should I just get one with a decent shipping price to Europe now while they still last?

Wish I could just have gone to a store and gotten him for 4,99 <_<:(