Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

I just got my Animated Longarm/Shockwave and Blitzwing from HTS!! Blitzwing I couldnt find anywhere so I ordered him online. Much cheaper than other online sites IMHO. Shockwave was a welcome surprise..because he was in STOCK.

For those of you planning to get Shockwave, get it now. Its easily one of the best Animated Figures out so far. Ignore the Box pics and the instructions. Theyre a nightmare and not accurate. It makes me laugh how mis-transformed the pics are such a mess :lol:

an excellent review on shockwave/longarm by Peaugh

FYI: Henkei will release Classics Dirge & Thrust as store exclusives later this year!!! And they have remolded wings, although Thrust looks kind of odd. Looks like those of us who didn't get the Botcon 2007 set will now have a chance to complete the G1 seekers!!! WooHoo!!!

Gentei Thrust & Dirge Exclusive!

http://tformers.com/transformers-gentei-th...10391/news.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Vermillion21

It looks like Grimlock. What were you expecting? A neon green flamenco guitar playing T-Rex carrying a water gun?

yeah, obviously people who didn't want just an upscaled version of a 20 year old toy must also want a neon green flamenco guitar playing T-Rex carrying a water gun.

Remember everybody, this is the just the first sample that looks VERY much like an "idealized" version of the G1 toon design.

Wait until they ask Kawamori to "tweak" the design... :p

:o

I was thinking that those back wing kibble would look better on the hips. :D

sweet! grimlock rocks! I can't wait to see the final product. Anyway, Im glad I waited instead of shelling out 100+ for classics thrust and dirge. Now it's coming out! I knew this would happen:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/g...-thrust-166104/

Dinobots were pretty bland in most areas to begin with. I really don't understand why every is so disappointed with how he turned out as a MP.

Grimlock = Bigger then Optimus Prime.

In that pic/angle MP Grimlock doesn't appear much bigger then G1 Prime so won't be much in scale with 20th/MP Prime and the price point is too high for something that small.

In that pic/angle MP Grimlock doesn't appear much bigger then G1 Prime so won't be much in scale with 20th/MP Prime and the price point is too high for something that small.

I agree. Definitely too expensive for a rather small figure and I'm not keen on the extra cartoony take on the dino mode. I don't mean it should be more scientifically accurate by being more horizontal in posture but rather the scultping. The G1 toy's dino mode actually looks more menacing than this. Bot mode looks ok but not spectacular. I was more psyched for Animated Grimlock when I first saw pics than I am for this.

Also with regards to the size, this month's issue of Dengeki Hobby has already confirmed that Grimlock's bot mode height is about the same as MP Starscream's. So we'd be looking at a figure roughly about 20-22cm.

Cant wait for the development on the Glimlock, as it look so much like the anime, i am excited. Price does seem steep, not sure why yet, but if product is good at end, will buy, as it was one of my fav characters, and it is really something i want in Master Piece.

I hope I can get Grimlock when he's released, also hope he has a US release. I think the only ones of the MP lines I don't have are Magnus (cause I don't need a white prime) Thundercracker and Skywarp.

I did score Universe Ironhide and Bluestreak. Ironhide really isn't that bad...but then again he was always one of my favorite characters and he's the first G1 like version I've EVER owned.

Sure his neck slant issue might be a problem to some, but it's not to me. I like him as he is.

Bluestreak/Silverstreak wtf ever you wanna call him, he's just fine. I'm glad he's got his original deco on him and both these guys will look great with their autobot brothers in arms.

Just could use more decepticons.

me gots Ironhide and yes, he's blue-faced! :lol:

found him at the local wally's.

he's got a more meticulous transformation process than the other Classics and he's a bit short in botmode.

here are the pix:

vehicle-mode:

ironhide1kh8.th.jpgthpix.gif ironhide2qi3.th.jpgthpix.gif

his underside with his weapon attached:

ironhide3fr7.th.jpgthpix.gif

with Sideswipe for botmode height-comparison:

ironhide4lz4.th.jpgthpix.gif

Wish he was made bigger in size ala PowerGlide coz you know, he's the lovable grumpy right-hand man of Prime.

But it's all good. For now, at least. B))

oh, and I also saw that new 25th-anniv G1 Prime thingy and totally passed on it. Dull red, cut stacks and all. Dunno how much it was since I didn't even bother picking it up from the shelf.

Edited by treatment