Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

Well, Oilslick's a ninja like Jazz, but Lockdown actually appears in the show, and has a couple repaints to chose from.

So basically, Jazz vs. Oil Slick would be like Snake Eyes vs. Storm Shadow, then. Cool.

And that's one thing about Lockdown. Which would be the better version between regular and Blazing?

What's the best Deluxe Decepticon to buy?

Swindle. Addicting to tinker with. Great sculpt. You'll like how part of the missle launcher changes color when the missle is launcher. Transformation is neat too.

Lockdown is overrated. I like how the alt mode is smaller than the bot mode, very deceptive. However articulation in the leg area is hindered and not as good as it could be.

If you're going to get just one Decepticon, make it Black Arachnia.

By far one of the best figures in the line, a great incarnation of the original Beast Wars figure, a femme fatale and a generally good piece to have.

Pete

Sure there are plenty of them.

Deluxe Bumblebee is by far one of the best TFs ever made.

Deluxe Prowl has one of the most ingenuitive transformation for a motorcycle and is worth getting just for that.

Deluxe Ratchet is fun

Sorry - but the Animated line is full of fun figures :)

It would be easier to list the "do not buy" figures - there are a couple which, IMO, do not warrant purchase or aren't that great.

Pete

What figures from the Animated line are not worth buying?

Well - first off - obviously we're just giving you our impressions/opinions. You should get the figures you think are cool for whatever reasons.

I personally don't like Blurr cause he doesn't have big "boots" like G1 :) stupid and silly, I know...but there it is...

On the other hand - I love Swindle - but mainly just because I love the character, and this one is the first decent attempt at making him LOOK like the G1 version we saw in the cartoon/comics.

But... here's my list of "don't go there:"

1) Ummm...hmm...

2) Think...think...

3) Ah! Soundwave.

Yeah - Soundwave. Why? Well - he's squat and he turns into a truck/SUV thing. The guitar turning into Laserbeak is a nice touch, and yeah - he does have a major G1 vibe in robot mode. But the vibe is alo toooo much in synch with his character presentation in Animated which, sadly, veer COMPLETELY away from his G1 persona. He's no longe the dark, mysterious second in command who spies on everyone - instead he's just essentially a radio gone crazy and intent on killing all non-machine life. I know it's kind of lame to be down on a toy because of how its' character is portrayed - but that's just how I am. I "see/feel" the character in the toy - and in Soundwave's animated variation I don't see and feel the Soundwave I love.

4) Repaints :) Things like "dipped in Tar Bumblebee" (AKA Elite Gaurd BBB), or Gay Friendly Lugnut (AKA Atomic BallBreaker)

5) Umm...ummm.....oh...Oilslick?....because...he's...um...a marginal character...umm...

Sorry - but it's really hard. The cast is small and most of them ARE worth getting...

Get Wasp(inator) too :) He's cool.

I'm not being helpful here - I know :)

Pete

Okay, here's a rather challenging question:

Is there another Deluxe Autobot in the Animated line that's better than Jazz?

I don't own any Animated figures however if you're going the 'ninja' theme then put Prowl on your short-list, everyone says he's a great figure (including above).

Activators Bumblebee is absolute simple joy too and more in scale with some of the other deluexes. I would grab one myself but it's $20 down here :angry:

I collect pretty much only motorcycle Transformers (and other motorcycle robots/armors) and can say that TFA Prowl probably has my favorite transformation out of my whole collection.

Deluxe Bumblebee is by far one of the best TFs ever made.

Are you playing with the same toy I am? Deluxe Bumblebee is probably the worst figure in the entire Animated Line. Aside from being out-of-scale with the others, which I could live with, he's got terrible articulation, largely due to shoulders that pop out if you look at him the wrong way.

Sunuva!!! Is the Transformers Animated line being canceled???

From TFW2005

Is the Transformers Animated toyline being cancelled?

While no official word has come from Hasbro about the future of Animated, whether it be the cartoon or the toyline, there is a growing mountain of evidence to conclude that indeed, the toyline may be nearing its end, nearly half a year earlier than expected.

It started a month ago with our own report that season 3 would be the FINAL season of Transformers Animated. Soon after, details leaked from the animation studio that season 3 would indeed be the final season, with character deaths and future storylines being editted out of the storyboards.

For Animated fans, Toy Fair 2009 was a whopping disappointment, with only two new Animated figures for 2009 being shown via stock images (no actual toys on-hand at the convention).

Two days ago, one of our sponsors, BigBadToyStore.com, announced that Hydrodive Bumblebee and Golfire Grimlock were cancelled by Hasbro. Other board members quickly noticed that TransformersClub.com, the official collector website for Transformers fans, had removed a number of listings for Transformers Animated, as well as having late 2009 shipping dates for a number of Animated products that should be available now, some as late as December 24th, 2009.

Yesterday, reports came in that some Target and WalMart stores have Transformers Animated listed as "cancelled", and will be receiving no further shipments other than what is already in-stock or shipping now from their warehouses. After speaking with a Hasbro vendor, he stated that Transformers Animated has an end date of May 29th, 2009 ... which would be the same release day as Transformers Revenge of the Fallen movie toys. He also stated that big retailers often put product as non-replenishable for a number of reasons weekly, and that it could be anything from changing a mod-set to too much stock being on-hand to justify re-order.

I hope not, I was hoping for at least all of Starscreams clones to be released as repaints

sigh, I don't get it. The one toyline and cartoon series that's actually good and they scrap it. Why didn't they scrap armada or energon? those series sucked IMO. I like animated more because it pays more homage to G1 than any other crap they put out there. They better release arcee at least before they bite the dust. :angry:

Okay, here's a rather challenging question:

Is there another Deluxe Autobot in the Animated line that's better than Jazz?

Without a doubt: Blurr, seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

I still haven't bought a Cybertronian Prime, all though it is definitely on my list. (Axe + Shield + Awesome.)

Swindle. Addicting to tinker with. Great sculpt. You'll like how part of the missle launcher changes color when the missle is launcher. Transformation is neat too.

The transformation is clever. Nevermind he is the only Animated deluxe I can think of with a big-ass gun.

Lockdown is overrated. I like how the alt mode is smaller than the bot mode, very deceptive. However articulation in the leg area is hindered and not as good as it could be.

+1

Agreed, the knee articulation (and even the feet) screws up things when trying to pose him. Voyager Shockwave suffers little in the same way, though not nearly as bad (Considering he has four modes and his sculpt is awesome in bot mode(s), it's forgivable to me.)

I still like Lockdown in his original paint, but I won't say he's the best.

Edited by Letigre

I still haven't bought a Cybertronian Prime, all though it is definitely on my list.

Articulation and range of motion is awesome. When I bought him, I didn't think I would find it all that exceptional; then I opened the box, and everything changed. One of the best deluxes in the line. There aren't very many Optimus Prime figures that can pose like him.

the knee articulation (and even the feet) screws up things when trying to pose him. Voyager Shockwave suffers little in the same way, though not nearly as bad (Considering he has four modes and his sculpt is awesome in bot mode(s), it's forgivable to me.)

Agreed. Lockdown would be much better with more range of motion for the knees and feet. I think people primarily like him because he is like Boba Fett(I guess, I can't really see any similarities aside from them both being bounty hunters).

Now Shockwave is a great piece of engineering, good quad changer. Now if only the hip joints had ratchets. I love how his head retains articulation no matter which face it turns into; Shockwave or Longarm's.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

Articulation and range of motion is awesome. When I bought him, I didn't think I would find it all that exceptional; then I opened the box, and everything changed. One of the best deluxes in the line. There aren't very many Optimus Prime figures that can pose like him.

Good..good. I've kinda waivered on bothering with Wreck-Gar, but Prime is probably a better pick up anyway. I think I 've grown partial to Grampabot as well... maybe I will pop in Toys R' Us this weekend.

Agreed. Lockdown would be much better with more range of motion for the knees and feet. I think people primarily like him because he is like Boba Fett(I guess, I can't really see any similarities aside from them both being bounty hunters).

For some reason every bad-ass bounty hunter equals Fett. I don't see it, but then again, thanks to my father I've probably seen as much western as I have sci-fi. (Good and bad on both sides.)

Now Shockwave is a great piece of engineering, good quad changer. Now if only the hip joints had ratchets. I love how his head retains articulation no matter which face it turns into; Shockwave or Longarm's.

Hell, the whole mechanism for transforming his face is ingenious. And the great light piping- the first time I stood him in front of desk lamp, which was totally incidental, I was delighted to see that big, glowing red circle.

Good..good. I've kinda waivered on bothering with Wreck-Gar, but Prime is probably a better pick up anyway. I think I 've grown partial to Grampabot as well... maybe I will pop in Toys R' Us this weekend.

Cybertronian Prime is the best Prime in the line. I even like it better than the voyager. The voyager is good, I love the sculpt, but the lack of joint tension and ratchets is disappointing. Range of motion is not as good as the deluxe Prime's either.

Wreck-Gar is okay, sculpt is great, like with voyager Prime, joint tension could have even better too. The weapon storage gimmick is cool.

Hell, the whole mechanism for transforming his face is ingenious. And the great light piping- the first time I stood him in front of desk lamp, which was totally incidental, I was delighted to see that big, glowing red circle.

Agreed with that. I was so surprised at how it was able to retain all the articulation going from Longarm to Shockwave.

Too bad about Animated. I really liked the toys and the cartoon was fun to watch.

Same here, I really want the Arcee figure, it looks fun to play with.

Without a doubt: Blurr, seven days a week and twice on Sunday.

Yes.

I still haven't bought a Cybertronian Prime, all though it is definitely on my list. (Axe + Shield + Awesome.)
I never saw the need to pick one up since I have deluxe Earth Prime. They seem to be the same design with a few cosmetic differences.

You all make me sad. My Jazz sucks.

He doesn't line up right in car mode, and his hips are loose, so he doesn't pose well at all.

Sounds like symptoms of a thoroughly-played-with TF.

Man, it sucks that Animated is being shafted. Should've happened to Beast Machines if you ask me.

You all make me sad. My Jazz sucks.

He doesn't line up right in car mode, and his hips are loose, so he doesn't pose well at all.

Wow, that's the first I've heard. I went all over YouTube, and not a single negative review on him.

And as much as people say Cybertronian Prime is the best Deluxe, I'm gonna have to pass on that. Will most likely get the Voyager one instead, despite it not being perfect.

Sadly, he was like that out of box.

He seems stable for now, but he's liable to do the splits if anything happens.

Can't be as bad as the Trans-Scanning Bumblebee I picked up last week. The Core Body's hips were extremely loose, so I put a couple coats of clear nail polish on the ball joints. Then, while fixing some poses on it, the ball socket on the right leg cracked.

Can't be as bad as the Trans-Scanning Bumblebee I picked up last week. The Core Body's hips were extremely loose, so I put a couple coats of clear nail polish on the ball joints. Then, while fixing some poses on it, the ball socket on the right leg cracked.

Ouch.

Those are expensive, aren't they? Relatively speaking.