Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

I thought you guys would appreciate this, I bought the Treadbolt repaint of Classics Jetfire, and decided to turn him into someone much cooler. Let me introduce you to Saber and his minicon companion Yukio.

post-8427-1243525752_thumb.jpgpost-8427-1243525813_thumb.jpg

They are a couple of Autobot Flyboys.

post-8427-1243525875_thumb.jpgpost-8427-1243525926_thumb.jpg

When Saber uses his booster unit, he is known as StarSaber, the greatest swordsman in the galaxy, and Yukio becomes his sword.

post-8427-1243526024_thumb.jpgpost-8427-1243526174_thumb.jpg

When times are desperate he can activate his "Victory" mode...

post-8427-1243526758_thumb.jpg

or Combime with Ginrai (Classic Optimus Prime) to become the most powerful warrior in the universe Victory Saber!

post-8427-1243526844_thumb.jpg

:rolleyes: Wow, that sounds so much cheesier than I was hoping it would. :lol: Oh well, it is a really fun custom, Enjoy.

Yeah - Robotmaster Victory Saber is the only Robotmaster I have. Although I kinda miss the other guys - the seekers were nice, as were the little Beast Wars Lio Convoy and such - but ultimately I prefer MP seekers and the original BW Lio Convoy, and reissue Takara Primal/Megatron (Reborn two pack of course) :)

Damn -I'm glad I got that sucker :)

Dag.

My Transformers collection is BIG again. It used to be small. Now it's funkin' gianormous - and I don't have ANYTHING from Beast Machines-RID-Armada-Energon-Cybertron or the Japanese equivalents... and yet the collection is still gianormous :)

I swear - this stuff is like pokemon. Just so much of it :) It's worse than Gundam :)

Pete

::pic removed::

Do not post spoilers, especially pics of them. The sheer fact that that even occurs is unknown to the general public, much less exactly what it looks like. This is the general TF thread, not the movie thread.

Edited by David Hingtgen
Spoiler!

Sorry for "spoiler" but if i posted an image of a toy that will appear in the movie, will that be considered spoiler as well?

Generally, no. But the exact image you posted was an "event", and a plot point. I mean, it's not even hinted at on the packaging of the first wave or two of toys--therefore, they're trying to keep it secret. Thus, it's a spoiler.

IMHO, almost anything that is "newly revealed" from now until release day is going to be a spoiler---there's only a month to go. Pretty much every major toy and character has been revealed. However, not all ASPECTS of every toy/character have been revealed--spoilers can still be had from characters we already know about.

PS---I consider the ice cream truck a spoiler.

Did anyone go to the Midnight TF event in Toys'R'US in Japan last year, or going to the one tonight?

I decided not to go to the one last year but might go to the Ikebukuro one this evening. If anyone did go to last year's, what were the numbers like? Don't really want to go if it's going to be packed.

Generally, no. But the exact image you posted was an "event", and a plot point. I mean, it's not even hinted at on the packaging of the first wave or two of toys--therefore, they're trying to keep it secret. Thus, it's a spoiler.

IMHO, almost anything that is "newly revealed" from now until release day is going to be a spoiler---there's only a month to go. Pretty much every major toy and character has been revealed. However, not all ASPECTS of every toy/character have been revealed--spoilers can still be had from characters we already know about.

PS---I consider the ice cream truck a spoiler.

Actually i saw the image of that character on the cover of a released movie guide book standing over Starscream but , you're the mod. ;)

EDIT: geh it wasn't released, was a concept art or something. Nvm.

Edited by wolfx

Let me add the biggest spoiler of all to the new movie, the ending:

The Decepticon forces are mounting, the Autobots have fought valiantly in the face of certain doom, however it looks hopeless for them and mankind as well, and just when all seems lost-------------------CONTINUED IN TRANSFORMERS 3 : BAY GETS MORE MOTHAF---IN' MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...everything is an Empire Strikes Back ripoff...LOTR, The Matrix...ugh. The 2nd movie HAS to be gloomy so you hold that small glimmer of hope for 3 years to see the eventual happy ending.

I'm more interested in the prequel where they show the origins of the Bayformers, Evangelions land and start humping vehicles, making nasty bayformer babies.

Edited by Excillon

Picked up ROTF SS and OP. Man I am glad they completely retooled these figs, now I am happy to display them. OP is amazing and very accurate to the movie form. Granted it will never be as thin but it pretty damn close for a toy.

I might pick up Optimus. The only ones I've seen that look really worth owning are Optimus, Megatron, maybe Jetfire, Sideswipe, Sideways, and a big maybe for the big Devastator, it depends on how detailed and articulated he is. Anyone know when he's coming out?

Clearly I'm getting all of the motorcycles, and Sideswipe looks too cool to pass up.

I'll get the ice cream truck for my kids (personal in-joke with them).

I have to get Jetfire, as my son and I both loved the old Jetfire, and I love the SR-71.

If I get Jetfire, I may have to get the matching Prime (tough I have two different sizes of Prime from the previous one and wasn't too impressed by either).

I too can't wait on my Optimus Prime. I'm on the fence about the others.

a big maybe for the big Devastator, it depends on how detailed and articulated he is. Anyone know when he's coming out?

He's gonna retail for 15,000 JPY in Japan. That's more than a Yamato Valkyrie. That's more than a Masterpiece Transformer.

That's crazy.

I hate this. Stupid Transformers. Stupid Transformers collecting. Stupid movie line... grumble...

I still need Wreck Gar from Animated - and Swindle - to make my life meaningful.

Pete

Picked up Leader Prime, Sideswipe, and Knock Out yesterday. It seems the tolerances on these toys are much tighter than previous lines, and by that I mean transformation is difficult on par with an Alternator. Still, amazed how everything locks together so well in both modes.

Ironically, I dropped by Wal Mart on completely unrelated business and bumped into an actual Hasbro merchandise rep stocking the shelves for the 5PM launch. She was quite pleasant and we ended up having quite a nice conversation about collecting, what interests me about the toys, and everything from letting kids pick first to some of the more interesting scalper situations I've seen.

I definitely plan to get Jetfire (gotta complete the set), whatever Human Alliance action figures go on sale, and the Legends Devastator. Target exclusive Superion is a maybe... I've got the original Super Link set but I'm a sucker for combiners - and from the looks of it, this movie seems to focus on the concept as its gimmick. The "Mech Alive" gimmick is much cooler than the Automorph of yesteryear's line, it's subtle and doesn't seem to sacrifice articulation.

I do, however, find I'm still much more able to discriminate for this line, maybe because of the aesthetic (a little out there for me, I preferred the more "character" look of Animated) and maybe because of the economy. Bumblebee looked like the same one I've already got, just with a body kit, new head, and a lack of a right hand, and some of the others will probably need some good characterization in the movie for me to notice them. I'm probably overthinking this.

Speaking of, Psychology time:

Does anyone look at a $40+ toy and think to themself, "How can I spend so much on toys with the economy going like it is?" I dunno, I felt a twinge of guilt but at the same time it wasn't what I would call a "big" or "irresponsible" purchase, and I would hate it more if I missed out on that one stellar action figure when I come back and they're all sold out (in this case, Leader Prime who I assume will be teh popular one from this line). Then again, consumption is what will drive the economy to become better, because I just paid a small profit to the toy producer, the retailer, the advertiser, etc. Complicated situation, I suppose. Maybe it's to do with the terrible irony of all these TFs being products of a GM license...

Edited by Dio

Um we have to boost the economy and to do that you should be buying things anyway. So i don't look at these purchases as should I do this or not, it is how kick ass will this be in my office at home, and do I or don't I throw away the crappy ass figures from the first movie.

Got the new ROTF movie Prime today. He is AWESOME!! Vast improvement everywhere, especially in the proportion and sculpt. If Yamato were to sell such an intricate transformable figure, they would charge $200 + for it! Hard to believe it's only $44.

ROTFPrime.jpg

ROTFPrime2.jpg

OldmoviePrime.jpg

optimus.jpg

Edited by wjrmonkey

A few Botcon toy news highlights:

4th Leader-class RotF toy coming Fall of 2010. (I wonder if they mis-spoke and meant Fall 2009). Not Blackout. Wouldn't say if it is Starscream.

Human Alliance Barricade.

Legends Devastator coming to US in Spring of 2010, probably a giftset. I plan to import now, as I'm not waiting a year...

MP Skywarp coming to US, more toy-accurate colors.

MP Grimlock---not coming yet, may be a store exclusive within 18 months--they want to bring it out, just no way to do so yet.

Hmmmm well I love my MP Skywarp as is but if Hasbro does bring Grimlock I'll get one just to display in dino mode but I hope it's not a U.S exclusive like Starscream was, there's Ebay but it's just easier driving to Toy's R Us to get one. But 18 months? That's a pretty long time and I'm sure Takara will have another MP out by then. I wonder if Takara and Hasbro has some kind of deal where they stager their releases so they don't interfere with each other, since with the internet and Ebay you can get pretty much anything despite it being released in North America or not.

Fall 2010 for the next leader?? That seems a bit off... damn... I was hoping to see pics of the next leader before the movie come out.

New leader prime is awesome, but they drop the hands articulation. I wonder if a hand transplant is possible...

I would love to see a Takara Binaltech treatment of this leader prime, all in metal and chrooooomed body parts... mmmmmmmmmmm chrome!

If Yamato were to sell such an intricate transformable figure, they would charge $200 + for it! Hard to believe it's only $44.

If Yamato were to sell such an intricate transformable figure, it would look exactly like the CGI model in your post, rather than looking like a sleeker version of the original toy that looked nothing like the CGI model.

I'll give them this much: It does look great; it looks much better - but it's STILL NOT SHOW ACCURATE - and I'm not even being picky here. This this is way off. I mean... just compare them side to side. There's a million little differences that add up.

Takara-Tomy will hopefully one day (before I die) make a Masterpiece Movie Prime.

Meanwhile - at 44 dollars this will do.

by the way...44 dollars?

BBTS has it for 54 dollars.

Am I to understand that Walmart or whatever has it for ten bucks less? Just curious - not that I'm buying from either of them...

Pete

MP Grimlock---not coming yet, may be a store exclusive within 18 months--they want to bring it out, just no way to do so yet.

That's pretty good news. Hopefully US MP Skywarp's wings will hold up a little better than Screamer's, though. And here's hoping they give us Thundercracker to complete the set, but he seems to be getting shafted in the States. I mean, a Skywarp, two Starscreams, and some guy who was an unnamed throwaway in the cartoon, but no Universe Thundercracker.

As for Grimmy, I'm willing to wait. He'll probably cost half what it'd cost to import him.

Same here. MP Grimlock is in the "I'll pay 50 or 60 bucks, but not over 100." If never released domestically--I'll never own one.

Leader Prime--still waiting for a chromed version! Or at the very least, one with as many paint apps as the first release of the 07 version. There's a LOT more grey in robot mode than there should be.

PS to someone that has one---why ARE the arms so far away from the body?

A few Botcon toy news highlights:

4th Leader-class RotF toy coming Fall of 2010. (I wonder if they mis-spoke and meant Fall 2009). Not Blackout. Wouldn't say if it is Starscream.

Human Alliance Barricade.

Legends Devastator coming to US in Spring of 2010, probably a giftset. I plan to import now, as I'm not waiting a year...

Well that settles my pre-order for the import Legends Devastator.

I don't know if I want an MP Skywarp in more toy-accurate colors. I like him as is so I can convince myself that the all black is for stealth. Regardless, we do need to see this mold released domestically again. It deserves it.