Official Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.2

Graham

I definitely see some red in that sprue shot of the super packs. My guess is that the first batch at least is molded in red (and includes stickers for all colors), to satisfy all the people who bought the first Alto release.

Hmm possibly-- the actual parts shown just beside it are white though. Could they just have moulded both red and white covers onto the same sprue?

damn for the separate super parts kit bandai should just have one tree with all 4 color covers. how hard is that?

Too bad to BANDAI customers, I think that there is no problem including 4 red parts, 4 yellow parts, 4 green parts and 4 blue parts, we dont need any more than that, but missile covers with f%$"=ng decals is not a good sollution because are curved parts...

w00t, I just got my payment request from rainbow ten for the RVF-25, super parts and SMS Stand!

Me too! But only for SuperParts and SMS Base, I didn´t made a pre-order for RVF-25

I know they're technically better looking on Alto - but does anybody have any pictures of Ozma's VF-25S 1/72 with Sheryl Nome decals?

I've looked through the attachments (well - still am) - but it's a loooong sweep and often the picture titles are not clear...

Pete

I know they're technically better looking on Alto - but does anybody have any pictures of Ozma's VF-25S 1/72 with Sheryl Nome decals?

I've looked through the attachments (well - still am) - but it's a loooong sweep and often the picture titles are not clear...

Pete

Not that I know of or have seen.

As soon as somebody gets the VF-25F with Super pack can you please post a large hi-res scan of the spec section of the manual, so our trusty translators can get working on translating the super Pack specs.

Got it earlier this week so trust me I have it covered. It's in the queue behind Official Fan Book. My RVF-25 also just shipped and will follow after VF-25F w/Super Parts.

Thank you. I give up ordering because I got new damge.

For the reference.

If someone wants to change VF-25 with super pack, must follow the instruction, espially the booster pack on the wing.

I am lazzy taking off the booster pack, then the joint connecting Battroid back and wing is broken.

Now I keep Vf-25 in Battroid mode....

Manuals and Runners of 1/72 VF-25 SuperParts RVF-25 and VF-25F SuperMessiah:

post-10806-1235734074_thumb.jpgpost-10806-1235734142_thumb.jpg

Fu$%# missile covers...

post-10806-1235733651_thumb.jpg

All pics here:

SuperPartshttp://www.1999.co.jp/10082660

RVF-25 http://www.1999.co.jp/10081680

VF-25F SuperMessiah http://www.1999.co.jp/10082659

And Ngee Khiong Blog show us Bandai March releases, including VF-25G & VF-25S SuperMessiah:

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/02/ban...h-releases.html

post-10806-1235733829_thumb.jpg post-10806-1235734019_thumb.jpg

Edited by alfye

Thanks alfye for posting those links,

Upon studying the pictures and assembly instructions, I am quite disappointed with Bandai's design - essentially it seems obvious that it was an afterthought with the amount of disassembly and parts replacement involved. Just as the way they chose to break down the parts and assembly process of the Vf-25 itself, my painting and masking is painfully slow since I have to constantly break things apart and have other steps wait for the paint process (unlike Hasegawa who always breaks down the model with the modeler in mind and the steps required to paint and finish the kit properly). They are definitely not a modeler friendly company, they just want you to snap the parts together without paint like a toy. (they just want to produce toys without paying for the labour of someone assembling it first! argh) For anyone wanted to do more than that, they certainly don't make it easy! Personally, it has put a real damper on my very slow build of my VF-25 and according their instructions (its pretty frustrating to do properly), I may have to pry apart quite a few parts which I have glued together and filled and sanded away the seams. I hope that once I get the kit itself, I may be able to improvise some other alternative way of attachment of some of these pieces.

Rant aside, its an amazing design (but that's not to credit Bandai) and will look fantastic when completed. The up-side of Bandai making these kits is that they have lured a lot of other people that would otherwise not build a model to start building something - and that's always good for the hobby. Plus you get a pretty decent looking toy for not much effort. I just wished a "real" model company like Hasegawa were to create Macross Frontier kits as well that were a little more friendly to build and finish properly.

I'm just mad I have to probably undo so much of what I've done already to accommodate these packs ;-( (the real kicker is that I haven't done that much, its just what little I've done seems to be in the way of the packs - argh...)... just another thing to deter me from finishing it up!

Thanks alfye for posting those links,

Upon studying the pictures and assembly instructions, I am quite disappointed with Bandai's design - essentially it seems obvious that it was an afterthought with the amount of disassembly and parts replacement involved. Just as the way they chose to break down the parts and assembly process of the Vf-25 itself, my painting and masking is painfully slow since I have to constantly break things apart and have other steps wait for the paint process (unlike Hasegawa who always breaks down the model with the modeler in mind and the steps required to paint and finish the kit properly). They are definitely not a modeler friendly company, they just want you to snap the parts together without paint like a toy. (they just want to produce toys without paying for the labour of someone assembling it first! argh) For anyone wanted to do more than that, they certainly don't make it easy! Personally, it has put a real damper on my very slow build of my VF-25 and according their instructions (its pretty frustrating to do properly), I may have to pry apart quite a few parts which I have glued together and filled and sanded away the seams. I hope that once I get the kit itself, I may be able to improvise some other alternative way of attachment of some of these pieces.

Rant aside, its an amazing design (but that's not to credit Bandai) and will look fantastic when completed. The up-side of Bandai making these kits is that they have lured a lot of other people that would otherwise not build a model to start building something - and that's always good for the hobby. Plus you get a pretty decent looking toy for not much effort. I just wished a "real" model company like Hasegawa were to create Macross Frontier kits as well that were a little more friendly to build and finish properly.

I'm just mad I have to probably undo so much of what I've done already to accommodate these packs ;-( (the real kicker is that I haven't done that much, its just what little I've done seems to be in the way of the packs - argh...)... just another thing to deter me from finishing it up!

No offense, but looking at the armor and the original kit, I never thought they'd be able to do it without parts swapping. I wanted them to do it without parts swapping, but it just looked unrealistic. If you were gonna spend that much time on a kit and wanted the fast packs, then you might should have waited for exacts on fast packs before making the kit look very nice. I'm not trying to be mean or troll or anything, but I think it was unrealistic to think that Bandai would spend the time to do some sort of magnetic attachment system (which is about the only way to get the armor to stay on with no parts replacement if you look at the original kit). At least you'll know for Armored parts that there will definitely be parts swapping so this won't happen again.

Does anyone know if the Luca cockpit piece is molded in clear yellow?

Edited by protostar8

The new Super... no intent to swap parts.

The thought is build the VF-25, Super, and Armored as the respective model and not have the capability to swap parts. Leave the parts swapping for the toys.

One major reason not to parts swap is that the missile covers for the Super pack (- aircraft) is molded in white... for those that don't want to paint are now forced to purchase each version of the Super with aircraft.

To ask for magnet attachment on a model is not unrealistic. It is better than pins and holes, example the VF-0S armored battroid. Great model with lots of detail but pins everywhere.

If builders customize models to have magnets it is not too much to ask for a model to be manufactured with that intent. It would be a value added feature and make a "home" manufactured toy like Bandai's models more attractive.

Edit: The luca clear parts look like they are modeled in color. Please note lower right corner on the sixth photo is clear yellow.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10081680a/20/1

Edited by Fly4victory

Master, you are wellcome!

BANDAI simply watch your wallet, only thinks about selling its products <_<

One major reason not to parts swap is that the missile covers for the Super pack (- aircraft) is molded in white... for those that don't want to paint are now forced to purchase each version of the Super with aircraft.

Yes, BANDAI is "forcing" me to buy a VF-25S with SP for display in good condition...maybe armored bundle pack :rolleyes::p

The thought is build the VF-25, Super, and Armored as the respective model and not have the capability to swap parts. Leave the parts swapping for the toys.

To ask for magnet attachment on a model is not unrealistic. It is better than pins and holes, example the VF-0S armored battroid. Great model with lots of detail but pins everywhere.

If builders customize models to have magnets it is not too much to ask for a model to be manufactured with that intent. It would be a value added feature and make a "home" manufactured toy like Bandai's models more attractive.

Edit: The luca clear parts look like they are modeled in color. Please note lower right corner on the sixth photo is clear yellow.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10081680a/20/1

Ugh, that's a stock photo. But the 1999 site does have a picture of the parts trees and it's CLEAR/Colorless......but other parts are molded in clear yellow....WTF BANDAI!!! Why the hell would they mold other things in clear yellow, but not the cockpit! Damn Bandai!

Now I need to figure out the best way to get that to be yellow without making it look painted on. Is there a tips thread for that? I remember people mentioning markers and some type of "clear paint", but don't remember how they turned out and which was the best.

Edited by protostar8

SWEET!! Thanks for all the scans. Looks like the extremely oversized landing gear may have been a deliberate design choice after all, if the Armoured scratchbuilt is any indication-- I don't think the actual kit will be very different. Looks like I'm gonna have to get them all! :p

Now, if only we could get a VF-27 kit...

Edited by edwin3060

I think the armored VF-25s looks so low is because he didn't fit attachment points for the rear landing gear on so it just sits on the armor.

I guess the real one will come with shortened rear landing gear. So that it sits a bit tilted like a super VF-1 but not so much that it scrapes the nose off.

:o

Thanks klam1020!

Armored is a monster! This unit has an awesome detail, and a lot of painting too... I dream with one like this :wub:

I see new hands in this model, a pair closed fists!

EDIT

What do you mean this pictures?

post-10806-1235826634_thumb.jpg

VF-25S I do not have the same mobility

Edited by alfye

I just can't wait! Looks like the Armoured VF-25S will be the next DX toy release, which puts it around June. So the Armoured model kit should come out before then?

Edit: Anyone can provide better scans of the magazine?

Edited by edwin3060