The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

I forget if there was already a price projected for this. Was there?

At this point at 20cm and likely chunky monkey of the new century quality, depending on final sculpt/finish, I think that $50 will be my max. I may change my mind though. Any word? I hope they did not abandon this but there has been suspiciously little information.

So far no signs of pricing or even a prototype picture yet, other than the poster. However wishful thinking, I doubt we'll see it priced at $50.00. Like all other Macross related toys, $95.00 and up for something like this.

But hey maybe I'm wrong, I'd love to see it cheaper. But its all speculation at this point. We'll have to wait for further details to emerge!! Graham if you get any pictures of this Macross Quarter, please don't be shy to share it with us!!! B))

Graham wouldn't be the first to get scoops for the Quarter, unless it's in hobby mags. He's in with yamato, not Bandai remember. :)

Hopefully with bandai (and Wave recently) making a move on capital ships Yamato might be inclined to make their own scale Macross.

I think this would be logical. Like what happened with Mospeada - Megahouse (bandai?), Beagle AND CM are playing.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I think you guys are being a bit optimistic hoping for the Macross Quarter toy to be in the US$50 - US$100 price range.

I'd expect an absolute minimum price of US$120.

Just look at the price gouging we are getting on the VF-25 toys at the moment.

Graham

I think you guys are being a bit optimistic hoping for the Macross Quarter toy to be in the US$50 - US$100 price range.

Just look at the price gouging we are getting on the VF-25 toys at the moment.

Graham

If its as tall (or taller) than the DX VF-25's then I'm all for it. B))

Like I said, anyone who finds pictures first of the Macross Quarter, feel free to post!!! ;)

Again, speculation & reality mixed in as i do agree with Graham and that no matter the size being small, This toy will carry a price tag. :(

If its as tall (or taller) than the DX VF-25's then I'm all for it. B))

That is what I was hoping. However the DX VF-25s are 36cm tall and the Quarter is supposedly going to be 20cm tall. So that would be a bummer for the both of us if they dont decide to make it larger.

That is what I was hoping. However the DX VF-25s are 36cm tall and the Quarter is supposedly going to be 20cm tall. So that would be a bummer for the both of us if they dont decide to make it larger.

Just to note - it was never said that it'll be exactly 20cm. The wording was very vague in the poster ad which only stated it'll be "big" and that the height will be "more than 20cm". And that the reasons for this size will be forth coming.

It was a rather cryptic line and almost anything can be inferred from it.

It's best not to take what was said too literally right now.

Edited by Vifam7

if its not at least the size(not scale) of a 1/48 valk, i have no interest.

just like when WAVE put out that pointless piddly little SDF-1, retarded.

i'd rather get something big and pay more, than get something small and still pay more...

Edited by do not disturb

i'd rather get something big and pay more, than get something small and still pay more...

That's what she said... :p

Anyway, I'd like it to stand as tall as my bookshelf... 6' 3"... :rolleyes:

My middle ground: As tall as my HP Pavillion when it's in Attack Mode. Smaller, and it's a no-go. I'll never buy the WAVE. Too, damn small.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

DX VF-25s are around 25cm.. so logically Quarter should be similar height.

ummm... 1 Inch = 2.54 cm, 1 Feet = 30.48 cm, 1 Feet = 12 Inch

The Bandai VF-25 DX's are about the size of a Yamato 1/60 VF-0S (we're talking Battroid here) .. So it puts it at more than 30.48 cm

Yeah battorid is approx 25cm tall (measured n taped), did you miss the other dx thread which already have been discussed about the actual size?

Fighter mode it is 31.5cm long

Edited by ntsan

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I am new to the world of macross toys. So I have a few question.

I'm currently hunting for "Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Frontier VF-25F Messiah (Aruto)". Are there any bootleg version of this particular toy out there in the market ? And if you know any site with detail review pictures of the actual product that would be a great help too. Thank you

Edited by rikuharada

Hello

I am new to the world of macross toys. So I have a few question.

I'm currently hunting for "Bandai 1/60 DX Chogokin Macross Frontier VF-25F Messiah (Aruto)". Are there any bootleg version of this particular toy out there in the market ? And if you know any site with detail review pictures of the actual product that would be a great help too. Thank you

Welcome to Macross World!

I'd like to point out that if you want the DX, you should post about it the DX thread. This is for the Macross Quarter. You'll get better answers there, methinks.

Again, Riku, welcome to Macross world. :)

I am a grown man who plays with transformable robot toys. What do you think? :(

You are so right.

And what's worse, if a woman ever made me choose between my "toys" and her, do i even have to ask who would win?

My only hope is to find one that is as nuts about this stuff as i am. (I'm gonna die a very lonely man).

Back on topic, i'm waiting for the SDF-1, and i hope what most of you guys say is true and i eventually forget about the expense. Even if i don't, i'm getting the Quarter as soon as it comes out.

As a side note, does anyone know how big a Zentradi mother ship ("Nupetiet Vernigtz" or whatever they're actually called) would be at 1/5000 scale?

I am a grown man who plays with transformable robot toys. What do you think?

Same here. I don't play with them, I merely display them. However the fact alone that my shelf is covered in them, is odd enough. XD

Oh well.. Try telling others that each piece is a masterpiece & a work of art, costing no less than 200 bucks a pop - therefor them not being toys, but rather high end collector items? :p

I predict an overpriced figure, costing $175USD complete with exploding shoulder screws ala DX. (kidding)

Same here. I don't play with them, I merely display them. However the fact alone that my shelf is covered in them, is odd enough. XD

Oh well.. Try telling others that each piece is a masterpiece & a work of art, costing no less than 200 bucks a pop - therefor them not being toys, but rather high end collector items? :p

I predict an overpriced figure, costing $175USD complete with exploding shoulder screws ala DX. (kidding)

Playing with them? Who would? I transformed my VF-0S once, just because if you buy a transforming toy you just have to do i, but other than that, it sits there on its shelf, looking awesome, 24/7/365. I do ocasionally hold it and fly it around - admit it, you do to.

Even the model VF-25's won't be transformed often once they're assembled but since i plan on getting the whole Skull Squadron, i'll probably display a fighter in each mode.

Alto and Michel's beg to be displayed in Battroid form (Michel sniping a tearget and Alto with Super Packs in Kabuki pose). Luca's in fighter mode with his Ghost (does anyone know if it brings the 3 or just 1?) and finally Ozma's in Gerwalk with Armored Pack - ever since i saw it in episode 2 in that mode, i fell in love with it.

As for the SDF-1 and Macross Quarter, i'll probably display them in each mode for a couple of months and then, very carefully, transform them and display them like that.

What would be REALLY nice would be for everyone to ha enough budget to buy 2 or 3 (depending on how many modes it has) of each. Hey, a guy can dream, right?

I am starting to wonder if this Macross Quarter has been dropped.

Isnt it a bit suspicious that we have not seen any drawings, prorotypes, CAD, 3D printer mock ups or anything?

Throw us a freakin bone already!