The Macross Quarter. DX Chogokin

Well I just want to get a head start and say the following:

1) That does not look anything like the line art!

2) That is so chunky!

3) That sucks! Look at the landing gear....or something...

No but.. on a serious note: this is good news. Goods news because Frontier needs to have EVERYTHING: The valkyrie, the human characters, and the big ships.

It will be really nice to pick this up :)

Pete

Seriously, I mean just imagine how not flush the legs will be in fighter mode. ZOMG... Yamato would make this so much better!

The size isn't quite as big as I'd like but who knows how it's being measured just yet. If it's WHAM SDF-1 size I'll be a little sad, hopefully it's bigger.

Well I just want to get a head start and say the following:

1) That does not look anything like the line art!

2) That is so chunky!

3) That sucks! Look at the landing gear....or something...

No but.. on a serious note: this is good news. Goods news because Frontier needs to have EVERYTHING: The valkyrie, the human characters, and the big ships.

It will be really nice to pick this up :)

Pete

damn you, I wanted to be the first to bitch about how much it sucks.

oh well, it still sucks and looks like crap and Yamato could have done a way better job on this. I'm voting with my wallet and canceling my pre-order for this.

I am so glad it is official now. Just earlier today I was thinking that I wanted a quarter to pose next to my vf-25. Sweet.

20cm is way too small though. I want it to be at least 40cm tall.

Well it might be small so it can be in scale with the 160 cm Battle Frontier. :ph34r:

w00ts!!

If it's gonna be huge as many predict, it'll probably be expensive as hell and shipping will cost an arm and a leg. This thing could be full of die-cast which would make it heavy too.

I hope they don't give it the glossy treatment. I want it to look like WAVE's movie version of the SDF-1, not the first version.

YESSSSS!!! A toy I can live in, my dream has come true!

Yeah....at least until you discover that the pegs that hold the bedroom together are loose and break after you step in it and curse that Yamato could've done a better job. :lol:

Yeah....at least until you discover that the pegs that hold the bedroom together are loose and break after you step in it and curse that Yamato could've done a better job. :lol:

Yeah, but it wouldn't matter because Klan's is the room next to mine... ^_^

I hope it is really coming in 40cm height, however the offical poster just mention that will be 20+ cm??!!

even that article say's it will be 20cm tall. the 400m part is in reference to the overall length of the quarter pounder IN THE SHOW.

also, just so you you all know, at approx. 20cm, the quarter would be 1/2000 scale approx. now, if the battle Frontier is approx. 1500m long in carrier mode, or approx. 1200m tall in attacker mode (assuming it's of the same size as the Macross 7) then it would be about 60cm tall, or about 2 feet tall. :wacko:

if the battle Frontier is approx. 1500m long in carrier mode, or approx. 1200m tall in attacker mode (assuming it's of the same size as the Macross 7) then it would be about 60cm tall, or about 2 feet tall. :wacko:

I'm fine with that! :lol:

I still doubt it's going to happen, but it would be pretty sweet.

if a big Mac does happen, they'll either make it the same height as the quarter, or more likely about 30cm (1/4000 scale)

Just to remind - the poster for the DX Quarter mentions that there is a reason why they chose 20cm for the height. That reason will be revealed in the future. It's a bit cryptic and it tells us they have something else up their sleeves.

Perhaps they want to also make a Battle Frontier in the same scale? That would indeed be sweet wouldn't it?

Yeah....at least until you discover that the pegs that hold the bedroom together are loose and break after you step in it and curse that Yamato could've done a better job. laugh.gif

"Oh but wait...this is actually accurate to what happens in SDF Macross when the Macross itself transforms and all hell breaks loose within the city within the Macross itself!"

Just to remind - the poster for the DX Quarter mentions that there is a reason why they chose 20cm for the height. That reason will be revealed in the future. It's a bit cryptic and it tells us they have something else up their sleeves.

Something tells me that the toy has an additional mode for turning into a display stand for either the DX or VF100s.

Perhaps they want to also make a Battle Frontier in the same scale? That would indeed be sweet wouldn't it?

yes it would,

you know what else would be cool, it they made a 10cm transforming battle frontier that connected to a 3 foot long Island 1. :ph34r: