Active Australian Members at MacrossWorld?

ONLY Aussie Con Members please! Vote for your preferred Macross cinema viewing.  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Multi Choice of course. Maximum of 22 votes realistically.

• Macross Zero OVA (non-stop)
    • DRYL? uncut
    • Macross Plus (Movie version)
    • Macross II
    • In case of no Mac II, how about some fav SDF episodes? (RT?? :P )
    • What about fav Frontier episodes???
    • Bombaaaa!!!! fav Mac 7 episodes
  2. 2. HOW L O U D DO YOU WANT IT? WHAT???! SPEAK UP??

• Not too loud please, i have a weak heart.. : (
    • LOUD, as in L O U D so my ears bleed PLEASURE!
    • If it does make my ears bleed, we could always holla at the bloke upstairs to turn it down, yeah we'll test it. :P
  3. 3. What is you fav flavor of cake?

• Chocolate
    • Cheese
    • Pineapple Flavored... :0
    • Something else (don't know alot about cakes) so please post and explain.

Hey thanks for your help with the flag designs Shazam, if you wanted one made up t exact your liking we can do that, that's no worries.

I'll play around witht he valk silhouette with thurster trail over the weekend, i think it will look sweet as.

We won't try to sell these flags at the con, unless there was a big demand for it, when WHEN W H E N i get all details

ready to open up the official thread with times, dates, locations, order of happenings, where to take a piss and stuff like that,

we could put a poll up for it, but to pay for any overheads (i honestly don't think we will have much at all seeing how we are

having the display part of the con in the cinema on Saturday) we'll include two variants of the Mac Aus Con as shirts. ;)

Got some nice suprises there for yas, just gotta wait till they are ready, ahh can't wait!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Matt, I will gladly pay for a MAC AUS CON flag and t-shirt when you have them made for the con. Look forward to seeing what you come up with for the final design. The surprises you have install sound awesome as well. ;) When you come down to Brisbane we can catch up.

Cool! Well remember if there is a particular design you would like for yourself, i can get that done up for you.

Not sure of the material used, i am hoping cloth/cotton, not canvas, wanna be able to wear it like a cape, as the craze is every new australian day! :D

as for the shirts they will be kick ass!

Alright, should be getting a call from Nora this morning in regards to what we are gonna do for Sunday. :)

:edit: nuh, she hasn't time coz of work, damn... looks like it's gonna be another long week...

I didn't hear back from Ben (cinema rep) yet either, he was going to chase some things up...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Alright, should be getting a call from Nora this morning in regards to what we are gonna do for Sunday. :)

:edit: nuh, she hasn't time coz of work, damn... looks like it's gonna be another long week...

I didn't hear back from Ben (cinema guy) yet either, he was going to chase some things up...

How goes it Matt?

Any word from Nora or Ben for MAC AUS CON??

Nahh mate, she's got a virus, last time i tried to call her she had this really nasty cough, and i don't want to call her when she is

not ready, hopefully this week. I just hope she's not wasting too much time with RT.com instead of dealing with the voice actors directly.

Last time i talked to her the mutual feeling was that no one needs to see a RT.com representative, voice actors would be the only interest.

She is just trying to make it as big as she can get it, which is good of course, and the fact she wants to make it annual is even better.

I've already made contact months ago with a certain member here who has the best leads with *insert secret VA*, rt.com is not needed.

I'm talking original SDF-1 voice actor... so hopefully that will excite some more peeps here. :p

No matter, if no word happens in the next serveral days the OFFICIAL Mac Aus Con 09 thread will be opened up for us so

during the holidays hopefully everyone will have more time on the holidays to punch some input into the con, suggestions and stuffs. :p

I'll e-mail Ben today, hard to get good help! >_<

Oi, we got word back on shirt quotes, thanks heaps to gtmishima he's doing some good leg work for us.

He's waiting on one more quote before we let everyone know how much shirts are gonna cost us, hopefully we can get a nice number of

people to pre-order to make the shirts overally cheaper! :) Of course we are going to make them hot as, so there won't be much ifs or buts.

Why would anyone want a shirt that they'd only wear once? I'd like a shirt to be proud of and wear it out anywhere! :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

No word, so this is what i'm going to do -

I'm gonna get in contact with my partners in crime, and figure out the 2nd days happenings, so then the official thread will have a fully planned out weekend! :)

As promised the official threads wll be up before christmas. Thanks for your patience everyone! :)

Thanks for that Josh.

FYI the window is totally open for your sunday con should it be a go-er, just that for the sake of this con on the saturday, we need to plan out the sunday just in case.

Whichever! :)

:edit: had a great talk to Nora guys, lovely lady :) , i've gained enough details in regards to Sunday's happenings, so i'll go back to the board and place up the official thread soon!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yep! We plan to have a very long multi level'd lockable display! Just waiting on quotes.

The official thread will have a poll asking how many people would like to bring something along to add to the displays, then we'll figure out how many lock displays we need.

Beauty of it is that all we need to do is walk out in between cinema viewings and comment on each others Valk displays, without having to hire a separate foyer/room.

Cost effective kick ass cons ftw!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah mate we should give them all a cooee, i stopped by one Toyworld store only a block or so away, and they had Max 1/6 scaled figs

and toynami 1/100's, so it's not out of the question they might want to slap their name on and supply some stuff to spread the love. :)

You can go ahead and mention the convention yourself if your already a member, i've got my hands full at the moment hahaha.

But as soon as i finalize all costs and know just how many people are going to book a seat (and i hope all 22 seats are booked by

Marcoss fans) i won't spread out till alls good. Polls will be up in the official thread hopefully this weekend, i'd like to have payments

probably at least 1 to 2 months before the con. As for flights and the likes go right ahead and plan, Sunday is looking to be an easy

day, although the main attraction will be the cosplaying tourney (will branch out to the aussie national community for interest soon)

and the swap meet. MAF tourneys will be easy to hold, we may have 3 or more. (one on Saturday night, and a couple on Sunday).

I'll sit on the floor, I'll be happy to bring a deckchair.

Any chance you could run my handycam and lapel mike for me? I just want to be the first to bootleg the con and sell copies on evilBay :ph34r:

You know, we could also do an Australian-language dub and sell those too. Just imagine, Captain Global rising from his chair after a heated Zentraedi battle, "cor, you sheilas did alright! We belted those alien wankers back into last week! Get on the dog and bone, cause youse are all invited to me pool party"

That'll easily fund MacAusCon2010.

I'll sit on the floor, I'll be happy to bring a deckchair.

lol a deck chair would probably be more comfy overall. :lol: i can't remember, don't have pics with me, Is there enough room for that Kensei??

---------------------

Yup! 22 MAX, as there is only 22 seats. If we have more than 22 wanting to come, and if there is room for a couple of blokes

up front, we can use the difference and lower the overall cost for each member as well.

remember this from page 3 same thread? -

heh heh Dr Nick rules.

Thanks for dropping in mate!

YES, models, highend collectables, cosplay, EVERYTHING mate e v e r y t h i n g we desire. Except bridge bunnies. :(

- U P D A T E -

The Regent Theatrette is located in the centre of Brisbane, Queen St Mall.

So this is the info i was after, we have a maximum seat capacity of 22

2360 divided into 22 separately = 107 bucks. Now, any like minded elitest Macross fanatic would think that's rather nice

compared to the original quote Ben Burns (Regent Theatrette) and Nick (AMC) gave me, i think it's fair.

remember,

12 hour marathon,

all main Macross movies and OVA's covered,

GOLD Class seatings,

Once in a lifetime, never done before opportunity.

I've been to a couple of Lord of the Ring marathons, that started from 9 pm and finshed up 7 am in the morning, totally recommend

doing a marathon like this. LOTR ani't no Macross though!!! MY Preciousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Macross.

Here's the original quote from competitive cinema quotes -

Hey Matt,

Hope all is well. I have an official quote for you below, thanks for your patience! I have also attached as requested a combos list should you be interested.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Regent Theatrette

12 Hour Cinema Hire (Between the hours of 8am and 12am)

$2360

Quote includes the hire of a projectionist for the whole 12 hour period.

Ben Burns

QLD Sales Executive

--- Corporate Events

Gold Class, Senstadium, experiencethis.com.au

big come down (from other quotes) from $3300+. Big difference ha? ;D I put forward that we were a 'very' small club, and can't afford to spend that much.

We have to take into account we get to use this area for 12 hours, and have a private foyer to showcase valks and customs.

We got some quotes from various places and if we were to hire a room separate to the cinema that means extra overheads. ='s to suck.

I say 2 in 1 can't be beat. We will leave Sunday as the swap meet, at a park or some other relaxed setting.

Not to mention we are in the heart of the city, access to all publice transports, and food courts. It's the perfect meet.

If i am part of 2010's con plannings, which will most likely be in Syd, Adelaide, Perth! or Melb [next 4 main states] i'd like to hire a room/area

for the whole day, not including the cinema deal of course, and hire a big ass projection screen and we can watch favs that way.

Nothing will beat this con for screenings though, with a proper cinema and sound system, unless we hire a 230+ seater, and that would mean

we would have to hire out the WHOLE cinema to cover 230+ people, who's got that money? lol I think 22 is heaps enough, we want true

hardcore Macross fans for the first ever Australian Macross Con. Macross deserves nothing less! :D

Matt is there any chance of "booking" a seat now (or very soon)? 22 seats might go quickly and I sure don't want to be left home alone on prom night.

You'll be ok mate, your in the top 10. I can't take payments yet until i know exactly how many of us real macross fans (on this forum and the ones i dragged from RT.com) and when i know we have enough i'll give warnings beforehand to everyone that i will instantaneously contact everyone to make sure it's all fair... to be honest all seats are worth their value, i only chose mine as i'll probably have to get up and let everyone know what to do during lunch and announce prizes and stuffs. LOL. Hey i'm the organizer, i get to choose first. *shakes fist!* lol

So wait, there can only be a maximum of 22 people at this thing? I must have missed that....

Yup! :p you missed it, don't miss out when seat payments due! (i'm kidding lol)

See first post official thread! (and this thread as well, but yeah, official thread would be better.

Any chance you could run my handycam and lapel mike for me? I just want to be the first to bootleg the con and sell copies on evilBay :ph34r:

You know, we could also do an Australian-language dub and sell those too. Just imagine, Captain Global rising from his chair after a heated Zentraedi battle, "cor, you sheilas did alright! We belted those alien wankers back into last week! Get on the dog and bone, cause youse are all invited to me pool party"

That'll easily fund MacAusCon2010.

LOLOLOLOLOL @ Sheila Bridge Bunnies. XD your too COOL. YessssssssSssss55, Mac Aus Con 09' official dvd...... pure evil genius. :p;)

2010 ha? I'm not looking any further than this years. With awesome help from select members already, u know who you all are, I am putting

everything into this con, want to make it the best damn con ever, 09' is the year of the SDF-1's launch, that alone is enough reason to go all out!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Lets keep this old thread as reference of the cons beginnings, and keep all discussion in the new official thread ok? I think it'd be better off.

I've got extra posts on the front page reserved for info so it's not like information will get lost in several pages. :D I'll make sure the front

page of the Official Con thread is updated as soon as new info is presented and discussion warrants an update.

ALSO, i've noticed an extra vote, 21 we got, alright! My bro is coming, so that's 22 seats filled??? I'll continue with this in the official thread.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 4 weeks later...

Just as a side note, are any Australians from this forum going to the Soundwave festival at Eastern Creek, or NIN at the Hordern, or Cradle of Filth in May? Just wondering.

Taksraven

• 4 weeks later...

hey Taksraven mate! Do you get around to many of the anime shows/cons during the year? If you can try and gather some interest for our con

so we can fill the remainder seats, only 10 to go now i think, there is a few of us that haven't re-confirmed their seats, and of course payments aren't

due till a month before the con, but i don't need everything in regards to confirming max seats filled at the last minute, i'll have a heart attack lol.

I don't wan to have nightmares of paying out the difference of the con by myself. :p:(:wacko::blink:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

• 3 weeks later...

Payments won't be due till around a month before the con. Final Date hasn't been annonced, i just want all those who said thy were comin to re-confirm. :p

I'm doing the rounds now. In the meantime, if you have mates/friends/former distant roommates who would be interested in coming for the saturday get

em along! And Cowie mate you have already re-confirmed so there i no need to for yourslf, jus the other guys like Guppy, Skullwun and whoever else i haven't chased up today! :p

Come on guys! Time to pic your seats, PM me and suPport Australian fans! :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie