Active Australian Members at MacrossWorld?

ONLY Aussie Con Members please! Vote for your preferred Macross cinema viewing.  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Multi Choice of course. Maximum of 22 votes realistically.

• Macross Zero OVA (non-stop)
    • DRYL? uncut
    • Macross Plus (Movie version)
    • Macross II
    • In case of no Mac II, how about some fav SDF episodes? (RT?? :P )
    • What about fav Frontier episodes???
    • Bombaaaa!!!! fav Mac 7 episodes
  2. 2. HOW L O U D DO YOU WANT IT? WHAT???! SPEAK UP??

• Not too loud please, i have a weak heart.. : (
    • LOUD, as in L O U D so my ears bleed PLEASURE!
    • If it does make my ears bleed, we could always holla at the bloke upstairs to turn it down, yeah we'll test it. :P
  3. 3. What is you fav flavor of cake?

• Chocolate
    • Cheese
    • Pineapple Flavored... :0
    • Something else (don't know alot about cakes) so please post and explain.

I am not sure if you have worked out the times for each series, but if it is decided to go with Macross Zero, Macross Plus Movie and DYRL? with Flashback, from the DVD/Bluray I have total time is looking to be just over 7 hours. Will that give sufficent time to check out the displays/cosplay etc., maybe a few best of episodes, plus breaks between shows?

10am sounds fine. People could start turning up from 8 for a meet and greet before getting in to the thick of things. :)

It all gets better with each new post, can't wait. :D

Really? only around 7? That's including credit times? We'd wan't to include the credits for the full length movie experience don't we?

Nah i didn't do up the full tally of hours yet, and i did i ask for people to check it up, and you've come through for us.

thanks mate! :)

So we will hopefully be giving Frontier the Movie the treatment Kensei!! Hope they get it all done before May...

I still think Macross II would look great on the big screen, and there has been a fair few votes for it, but we will do up a new poll soon to make the official list.

We gotta add in there 15 mins of break between each flick, and we are organising something extra in store, so we'll get very close to the 12 hours without wasting much.

So now we gotta put a vote of our fav episodes.

epi 1 of SDF series?

Kamjin's trap on Mars

Final Battle

Pineapple Salad

And that's just for SDF, how about epi 1 of Macross Plus with Isamu going off against the Zentran in his VF-11?

see? all classics, and will fill up the time easily.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Really? only around 7? That's including credit times? We'd wan't to include the credits for the full length movie experience don't we?

Nah i didn't do up the full tally of hours yet, and i did i ask for people to check it up, and you've come through for us.

thanks mate! :)

The times should include end credits. According to the disc info:

Macross Plus Movie - 135mins

Macross Zero - 173mins

DYRL? - 115mins

Flashback - 30mins

So now we gotta put a vote of our fav episodes.

epi 1 of SDF series?

Kamjin's trap on Mars

Final Battle

Pineapple Salad

And that's just for SDF, how about epi 1 of Macross Plus with Isamu going off against the Zentran in his VF-11?

see? all classics, and will fill up the time easily.

How about:

Good-bye Girl - Max and Milia PvP battle

Virgin Road - Zentradi attack on Max and Milia's wedding day

Alright! i'm back, busy weekend guys, but have alot of fantastic news and I've been yamatoed! ^_~ (as in hush hush G-man let em suffer for a while)

Can't say it's totally official, but i'll say this, as it's rather hard to contain my excitement,

voice actors, and a concert!

Until i hear more and get the nodding go ahead, watch this space. ;) Don't ask me who either, just wait! :p

So far -

Macross Aussie Con Australia 2009 BRISBANE, May 16th Saturday. (or as i affectionally like to call it - Mac Aus Con 09!)

Sci-Fi Extreme anime Con SUNDAY May 17th.

Official dates and info can't be too far away!

I did tell yas it was going to be big didn't I?

*edited to correct year... sigh* :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

hey things are coming along nicely. Hopefully work won't get in the way and I'll be there - bringing as much built steyrene and plastic as I can squeeze in the car :)

Ahh i'm sure you'll get here, will be too big of an occasion to miss honestly. :p Be awesome to see these models!!!

The times should include end credits. According to the disc info:

Macross Plus Movie - 135mins

Macross Zero - 173mins

DYRL? - 115mins

Flashback - 30mins

How about:

Good-bye Girl - Max and Milia PvP battle

Virgin Road - Zentradi attack on Max and Milia's wedding day

fair enough, and seeing how Mac II has been voted highly, it should be in there too, and add in there Macross Frontier the movie like Kensei suggested... what a day!

People who wish to enter the custom comp make sure you get your detailing into gear!

How about the barby on Saurday night? Who's backyard? Or are we all going out to a restaurant?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

My mum lives in Bris so I might be able to get up there! (sorry for late reply, been busy for the last couple of months!)

Cool! guess we'll see you there then Gup!

Who's going to bring what in regards to a display piece?

If each member brings atleast 1 item be it 1/48, 1/60, or even as small as a Revy or 1/144, it would all count towards a rather impressive display on saturday and especially sunday!

Lets show the anime fans that are clueless and oblivious to Macross's awesomeness.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I think I have a box full of unbuilt little Valkyrie models I could look into buidling for a little display of some sort if I have the time. What about Destroids and other mecha types from Macross/Robotech? Or are we going Macross only?

Edited by TheVipersFang

I think I have a box full of unbuilt little Valkyrie models I could look into buidling for a little display of some sort if I have the time. What about Destroids and other mecha types from Macross/Robotech? Or are we going Macross only?

Mate bring anything seriously. :) Remember Sci-Fi anime is holding a day on Sunday which is possibly going to have '1' HG display

which is RT oriented (don't knock it yet, there could be Beagle Ride Armours and the New Beta (Tread) from Toynami which would be very

impressive) and that's why you should deffinently bring what you'd like. Bring everything you can carry onto the plane! :p

I've decided i will bring to the con a YF-21 display.

'1 or 2' 1/60 YF-21 (plus the 1/60 YF-19 for battle diorama?)

'1' Revoltech YF-21 (plus the YF-19 Revy for a dio)

'2' Doyusha 1/144 YF-21s' (and the YF-19 as well for comparison and dio)

'1' 1/72 Hasegawa YF-21

I may bring a second YF-21, but i don't want to haul these everywhere around with me, specially if i'm gonna travel light on the plane...

Also i have one member (ack i don't know what his MW handle is yet), he is going to do up a rather large Max Jenius display!

We have a while yet, Yamato may bring out the v.2 Max as well, so we'll have to work together to make it a complete Max display,

more than it already is with the one that is planned. We need a Hikaru display, Roy of course... i'd love to bring my VF-0S... but we'll see.

As i said, if atleast one member brang something it would make everyone be able to travel lighter, and the display would be enourmous.

Who is going to bring their YF-19 to the display? I'd rather leave mine at home.. lol and have you got FP's for it?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Also, (deserves it's own Post space)

WE NEED WALL SCROLLS, POSTERS, Anything to pretty up the room.

I only have a few (Mac II, Minmay etc) so please put your hand up what types your bringing. They aren't so hard to bring on the plane.

Always late to the party aren't ya Guppy? :p

Fashionably late is always fine in my books. :p

18 votes in the poll woo hoo!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey Matt, the BBQ is an awesome idea mate. I have my trusty Weber Kettle BBQ which I could bring down wherever the event ends up taking place.

I’ll also bring down my 1/60 YF19 to take its place at your YF21’s side as the dominant variable fighter….yes, I did go there :p. Kidding aside, stellar job in putting everything together so far, I’m counting down the days for Mac Con 2009 on my end.

This con is shaping up to be totally killer. I wonder what little surprises you have install.

Hmmm... Chocolate cake sounds great, especially one or more with a Macross kite emblems on top.

I've got the Max display covered and looking forward to seeing everything all set up for the event.

Hey Matt, the BBQ is an awesome idea mate. I have my trusty Weber Kettle BBQ which I could bring down wherever the event ends up taking place.

I’ll also bring down my 1/60 YF19 to take its place at your YF21’s side as the dominant variable fighter….yes, I did go there :p. Kidding aside, stellar job in putting everything together so far, I’m counting down the days for Mac Con 2009 on my end.

haha Cool as Andy! Bah, better get your poser ability in check if you wanna showcase the YF-19 to be superior. :p Gotta make it believable! ;)

I'm sure we'll conjur up a great diorama!

Ahh this is great, a barby!!!

:blink:

WOW!

Thanks for the PM Ruski, I'm not sure I will be able to make it but it's still 6 months away so I will see.

I will keep an eye on this thread, but right now I have an urge to make a chocolate cheesecake with pineapple toppings :p

dear hoary froating head, that sounds delicious. Cheesecake with pineapple toppings. :mellow::blink: sold me!

You'll come, you don't have a choice, why fight it? :lol: Hope your timetable will accomodate something this awesome Tober man.

This con is shaping up to be totally killer. I wonder what little surprises you have install.

Hmmm... Chocolate cake sounds great, especially one or more with a Macross kite emblems on top.

I've got the Max display covered and looking forward to seeing everything all set up for the event.

lol bloody aith your Max display is covered! ^_^ People, Shazam has got a great display in store for us! (i seen a sample and it's impressive)

Ohh don't worry, after seeing MW con 08's cake we wanna do something extra nice. ;)

Hopefully will hear from Nora today.

..... I mean, if we're trying to entice people to fly to Bris from Sydney, NZ, Melbourne, wherever, we need a good event, right? I'm just saying that I wouldn't fly interstate to stand around in a scout hall, but I WOULD cough up coin to fly somewhere to meet some people, see some Macross toys/kits/etc. on display, have a beer, grab some food, and settle in for a Macross movie marathon in a cinema....

Just had to re-quote, I think we have exceeded all expectations so far mate!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey GT, did you end up getting those Millia 3 pack figs?

I am thinking i should bring my Millia Revy Revoltech custom along, not sure if i want to bring my Millia Q-Rau, but wouldn't it be cool to have

the Q-Rau in action pose up against a 1/60 v.2 VF-1 and another Q-Rau with Millia Revy getting ready to launch with cockpit detail and the likes.

Yeah, i'll bring My Q-Rau too, Make sure you bring the Millia 1/48 Super 1J of yours! ;)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just had to re-quote, I think we have exceeded all expectations so far mate!

Niiiiice :D

Man, this is shaping up to be an awesome event.

As far as displays go, I'm planning on bringing a few kits for a 1/100 setup. The count is six right now. With six months, I might be able to bring that up to nine. Sweet.

Lets see I have the following built or on the bench:

1/72 VF-1A Battroid CF (Hasegawa)

1/72 VE-1 (Hasegawa)

1/72 VF-1S/w Atmospheric Booster (Hasagawa/Monkey Models)

1/72 Spiderbug (Karakorum)

1/72 VF-1J in RAAF colours (Hasegawa)

1/72 YF-19 (Hasegawa)

1/72 VF-11 (Resin) - on bench 30% complete

1/72 Regult Scout (Moscato Models) - 40% complete

1/144 Tigermeet VF-11

and Many many more unbuilt but not enough time to fnish them :(

hell yeah! I wanna see them as well.

:edit:

heh, accidently added in there the incorrect dates, the Saturday is the 16th of May and the Sunday is the 17th of May 2009.

Lucky this isn't the official Con thread hey! :X Depending on when/wether the concert or voice actors is on the cards, this could also change.

So with the MW going down for repairs (will be offline Nov 26th to Nov 30th) i'll hopefully have some great news in regards to Sunday's

happenings (17th of May being the Sci Fi Extreme Anime con) i'll probably then be able to start up the official con news/info thread next week. :)

I'm waiting on minor info from Ben Burns again, and of course Nora from Sci Fi Extreme anime con to make sure Sunday's a go ahead.

So far Saturday's menu is already planned, soon as Sunday is confirmed best we start to book our flights early, or get those midnight ticket

deals that come around every now an then, anyone know when is the best time to prepare for those hot tickets?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Reiteration of my discussion today with me mate Ed from Kirin Hobby - http://kirinhobby.com/shop/ - KirinHobby.gif

who is helping out with the con by donating prizes to one or two of the competitions that will be held on the 16th Saturday -

"... As for the Saturday it's for Original Macross only (but english dub / Robotech fans are invited) and this includes a 12 hour cinema Gold Class marathon which has all the main feature OVAs and films that has been brought out. These include Macross Zero non stop (5 epis) and then DYRL? & Flashback, the Macross Plus the Movie, Macross II and by the time the con comes, there should be the Macross Frontier the Movie out by then so that will be added, and then if we have time left over from the 12 hours there will be fav episodes included in there.

On that day in the cinema foyer which is private, and will be locked up for the 22 members that have paid for the gold class seatings, there will be a display with lockable display cases of Macross collectables, showcasing customs, models, and of course the highend Yamato Macross Collectables/toys.

There will be competitions including cosplay, PSP Macross Ace Frontier VS comps, a newely invented (by myself muah ahahha) frantic variable poser comp! which incorporates each participant to transform their selected Variable Fighter from fighter mode to Battroid mode (will be a timed race) and needs to place it in a unique action pose for display, and the poses will be judged apon by 2 or 3 select judges and points will be awarded for complicated pose and how fast it took them to aquire the pose, and of course the custom collectable competition ...."

OK, As for the lockout on the Saturday, depending on wether or not we have enough time to do so, the doors could be opened to the public

during lunch time, of course that doesn't leave much time, but hey we'll discuss the possibilities over the next few months.

What i'd like to happen is invite outside fans that haven't a Gold Glass seating, so they can check out the displays, and of course for the all

important cosplayers that wish to attend the Inaugural Macross Cosplaying Contest. We are going to put the word out to the cosplaying

community in hope of tracking down some really creative people and generate a very tight but extremely colourful competition! :)

Thoughts? Please if you have something on your mind that you should think we should discuss concerning all factors of the Mac Aus Con 09

please do! Speak up! :) We want this to be a con for everyone, and make sure all that people wish to happen can become a reality!

This con will place Australia on the MAP.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ahh well nothing much to report for SUnday's happenings just yet guys sorry, but Nora has said they have direct phone contact no's

with RT Reps and VA's managers and the likes. :p Linky belows, just to kill time.

- http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/re...&forumid=34

Probably will get more info in regards to the cinema function/s in whats on offer for food and the likes from Ben early this week.

My questions for him to answer below -

Hi again Ben,

Can I please ask you is there a pic of the layout of seats? is it just 12 seats in one line, then 10 seats in front?

Please let me know when you can, and we could draw up a reserved seating diagram for members who early bird their

payments in regards to seating arrangements. Exiting stuff! You can wait to reply to me with this info with the catering info I you would prefer.

Cheers for your help Ben

Matt

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just a heads up, there will be an official MAC AUS CON flag including the aussie (from the Australian Flag duh)

Southern Cross in the centre, UN SPACY kite on the right (or left)

and -

MAC

AUS

CON

on the flags oppposite side of the UN SPACY kite.

Just deciding one what else to make it look kick ass, but yeah, if people would like one for themselves,

or have a suggestion to make an even better Aussie Macross Flag please do PM me or post here.

There will be atleast one made that's for sure. Maybe have Minmay slapped on there... come on lets make it a good one.

Fun.

http://www.australienbilder.de/e-flags.htm

faustral.gif - Australia

fqueens.gif - Queensland

fraaf.gif - Royal Australian Air Force

Or, we can do up a special flag including all states Insignias somehow....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

My thoughts,

If you replaced the kangaroo emblem on the Royal Australian Air Force flag with the Macross kite emblem and just under the Union Jack place the words - MAC AUS CON in red writing with a white outline it would look sweet.

My thoughts,

If you replaced the kangaroo emblem on the Royal Australian Air Force flag with the Macross kite emblem and just under the Union Jack place the words - MAC AUS CON in red writing with a white outline it would look sweet.

post-9215-1228289078_thumb.png

Firstly, Matt you are doing a kickass job. There's every chance we could book Sunday as well and fill it with 22 other Mac fans...

Secondly, as someone that holds the RAAF ensign near and dear to his heart, how's about a change of background colour on the flag please. Maybe something darker to reflect deep space or something? Maybe change the light blue to black.

Now we need someone with a graphics design program. Hey I think PetarB has Illustrator, however he's prob rather busy working on the resin 1/72 figures right now.

Possibly add the 09 or 2009 with white writing with a navy blue outline in the top right hand corner of the flag.

I think that looks cool! The UN SPACY kite near the southern cross is perfect imo.

Just dunno, really wanted to take out the union jack (nothing against it at all just that it's too samey.)

Thanks for that! I dunno about having 2009 or 09, what if we want to bring flag/s to other cons? Oi, we could just patch the 09 on there! :)

I noticed in a MacrossWorld USA con, they had the American flag propped up behind the TV, and we could always have the aussie flag there

AND our own special aussie Macross flag. Was there much flags shown in the Macross universe (movies/series/ovas)?

Firstly, Matt you are doing a kickass job. There's every chance we could book Sunday as well and fill it with 22 other Mac fans...

Secondly, as someone that holds the RAAF ensign near and dear to his heart, how's about a change of background colour on the flag please. Maybe something darker to reflect deep space or something? Maybe change the light blue to black.

Now we need someone with a graphics design program. Hey I think PetarB has Illustrator, however he's prob rather busy working on the resin 1/72 figures right now.

Thanks mate, Sunday is going to be reserved for beach cricket, and the Kensei driven elite macross barbeque. :p

Nora tried to call me yesterday i think, but at my home number... urrrhk, so i'm gonna leave an e-mail for her to call me today,

hopefully she can reveal something in regards to Sunday's happening, coz the last thing i want is for the con to loose momentum.

Plus we need to book ahead of time for cheap air fares.

Hmmm, black could work. I do like the aussie blue, but yeah we'll toss some ideas around and come up with a winner over the next week!

Thanks for the replies guys!!

Hey a thought, we could play the Macross Anthem whilst propping up the con flag! LOL.

What about a kanga/roo slapped on the flag?

Taksraven congrats on the 1000'r may there be several thousands more in the coming years bloke. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

macauscondesign.gif

looking better. :D But i wonder what else could be slapped on, i do have an idea, like on those Macross Shooter glasses,

i'll try and find a pic.

One thing though i kinda like the offical Australian flag's Southern Cross line up better than the other beside it.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie