Active Australian Members at MacrossWorld?

ONLY Aussie Con Members please! Vote for your preferred Macross cinema viewing.  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Multi Choice of course. Maximum of 22 votes realistically.

• Macross Zero OVA (non-stop)
    • DRYL? uncut
    • Macross Plus (Movie version)
    • Macross II
    • In case of no Mac II, how about some fav SDF episodes? (RT?? :P )
    • What about fav Frontier episodes???
    • Bombaaaa!!!! fav Mac 7 episodes
  2. 2. HOW L O U D DO YOU WANT IT? WHAT???! SPEAK UP??

• Not too loud please, i have a weak heart.. : (
    • LOUD, as in L O U D so my ears bleed PLEASURE!
    • If it does make my ears bleed, we could always holla at the bloke upstairs to turn it down, yeah we'll test it. :P
  3. 3. What is you fav flavor of cake?

• Chocolate
    • Cheese
    • Pineapple Flavored... :0
    • Something else (don't know alot about cakes) so please post and explain.

I got the email, I was a little nervous with the title "Love, Matt" LOL! :p

I had long since given up hope on there ever being a Macross/Robotech Convention here in Australia. All I have is my dedicated shrine containing several Mecha including a "new" Bumblebee and Patlabor which snuck in there between my VF-17S Nightmare and VFA-6I Alpha :huh: yeah that confirms it, I'm a nerd.

Moving right along... I will need to know more serious details before this thing happens so that I can put aside money and get time off work because I am definately interested in being there even if it does mean the missus will be rolling her eyes at me when I tell her...

LOUD is good. The voices of the Zentradi in great surround-sound would be awesome!

Chocolat is always good, especially if there any Bridge Bunnies hanging around ;). But please, NO pineapple. I am thinking mainly of the guys who have to fly. :(

I put my 2 bobs worth in for MacII & episodes of the one & only original Macross. Zero is a dead loss for me, DYRL is okay but it's NOT the original, Plus sucks but I could probably put up with a few later episodes of M7 (if a gun was held to my head ;) ), damn the choice is limited being an original purist.

Not sure if I can make it at this point but I'm sure the Harley (or Monaro if its raining) will make it if the dates are right unless of course RT gets too much head room then it's a definate no show for poor old purist me :(

I got the email, I was a little nervous with the title "Love, Matt" LOL! :p

I had long since given up hope on there ever being a Macross/Robotech Convention here in Australia. All I have is my dedicated shrine containing several Mecha including a "new" Bumblebee and Patlabor which snuck in there between my VF-17S Nightmare and VFA-6I Alpha :huh: yeah that confirms it, I'm a nerd.

Moving right along... I will need to know more serious details before this thing happens so that I can put aside money and get time off work because I am definately interested in being there even if it does mean the missus will be rolling her eyes at me when I tell her...

hahhaha yeah... <_< forgot it would show up like that. :p not dissapointed are u? :p:lol:

The missus can come! She can go shopping with mine and numerous other rolling eyed wives of us silly manfriend Macross enthusiasts LOL.

I want to know the date too, it'll come, just keep checking back to the thread for updates! :p Will want to finalize everything in the next month.

Then the waiting shall begin! muah hahahahh

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I put my 2 bobs worth in for MacII & episodes of the one & only original Macross. Zero is a dead loss for me, DYRL is okay but it's NOT the original, Plus sucks but I could probably put up with a few later episodes of M7 (if a gun was held to my head ;) ), damn the choice is limited being an original purist.

Not sure if I can make it at this point but I'm sure the Harley (or Monaro if its raining) will make it if the dates are right unless of course RT gets too much head room then it's a definate no show for poor old purist me :(

So Mac II has some fans, i'd like to watch it on the big screen too, so your not alone.

12 hours is a long time, and we want to try to cater for all tastes, seeing that no one has supplied running times of all listed i guess i'll have to do it.

Then when we know how much we can fit in, we'll figure out what order we'll watch em all in.

Dunno why, but it sounds like your thinkin RT is going take over lol, I have already said it's a con for purists. Just thought it would be cool to see RT having a display

at whichever anime expo we would piggy back. ;) Our con will consist of two days, Macross Gold Class Cinema, and a Macross Display day. (comps kareoke, cosplay? :p )

What days would an anime con take? could they have it on a friday maybe? That'd be great, Friday anime expo (we could hold our own display there too!) and then our own

con Saturday and Sunday. Yeah lets push for that.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

LOUD is good. The voices of the Zentradi in great surround-sound would be awesome!

Chocolat is always good, especially if there any Bridge Bunnies hanging around ;). But please, NO pineapple. I am thinking mainly of the guys who have to fly. :(

hell yeah!

No Pineapple? aww come on. :(:p Your about as superstitious as my wife. :p Still would be pretty funny seeing some Q-Raus knocking on the Virgin Blue passenger windows

and showing off the gatts. :lol: Nice way to go! Could be worse, they could use their feet.

Had a great chat with Nora (Sci-Fi Extreme) this morning by phone, tossing some ideas around

.. but so far the Con should/will be held in May.

Got some competition ideas i want you guys to give me some info/commenting on.

1st comp will of course be the custom comp (1/48's, 1/60's etc).

2nd will be a Modelling comp as per requested.

3rd will be a cosplaying comp. Yes there will be cosplay.

4th will be a display comp, where people supply their OWN Valk (be it 1/48 or v.2 1/60 etc)

and it will be a timed race to see who transforms their valk (probably be a VF-1 of course) from fighter mode

to BATTROID mode, and they will need to place it in an action pose, and judges will award points to creativity and of course how fast it's done.

If an arm or leg falls off, you fail! :lol:

There are others, all i had time to post for now. :p

comments?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Good form Scream Man, Good form. :D but of course how could you resist? :p Thanks for posting man. :)

I'm going to bring my lappy with me, i plan to upload pics and images while we are there.

Kensei has already expressed his liking of a professional photographer paparazzi guy going around doing the good thing.

I think he was refferring to himself. :-D

I'm gonna open up a new thread withmore polls in the next couple of days, let me know of any suggestions.

I should update the front page soon too, but we, in fact one highly talented member here - has got a uber ripper suprise in store before that happens.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Update! :)

Hey Matt,

I can gladly say that I am okay for the alternative dates so when you find out let me know.

No real conferencing area unfortunately, but as I said, the whole level is yours so you will have complete privacy to do what you like within the cinema and its surrounds.

Cheers

Ben Burns

QLD Sales Executive

--- Corporate Events

Gold Class, Senstadium, experiencethis.com.au

The alternative dates i provided Ben with was the Supernova con in April - 3rd to 5th. Thoughts? April too early? too hot?

Would May still be a tastier option given peoples time schedule?

And the whole level is ours?? So what, does that mean we could have our display part of the con in the same building? hmmm...

gtmishima provided a great link for us to figure out ways we can display our stuff.

I'll be going through it this week and getting some quotes. We need to have a place to lock up our valks.

If we take this route then we don't need to hire a place out for the display part of the con (the sunday?)

http://www.aussieweb.com.au/directory/dire...1&lid=60002

:edit: Can people who live in Brizzy, one day go in and check out the area of the cinema? Ask for the private screen max of 22 people!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Thanks for contacting me Matt.

I'll definitely look forward to meeting everyone at the convention in Brisbane.

shazam/guntech1

Alright! thanks for posting man.

Mate!!

Sounds like fun, never been to a nerdy con before.

haha awesome hey Skull! Good to see ya in here man. Me neither, never been to a con that's why it's so fun organizing it. :p

So chocolate cake is winning??? I couldn't vote for it, among another 4 members as well, we should have that in the new poll as well.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey Matt,

Yep no worries with the delivery etc, so long as it happens between our operating times of 9am - 11pm.

Ben Burns

QLD Sales Executive

--- Corporate Events

Gold Class, Senstadium, experiencethis.com.au

updated info. (regarding displayable lockable cases)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Date? Don't care.

Competitions? Sounds great!

Displaying stuff inside the cinema? Winner.

Matt I'm very happy to go check out the cinema. I can't lock in a date at the mo, but happy to plan it in somewhere later this month. If you'd like me to do it, please PM over Ben's contact details and any reference/booking numbers you may have. I can take plenty of pics to post too.

PS. Pineapple cake FTL!!! :) :) :)

Date? Don't care.

Competitions? Sounds great!

Displaying stuff inside the cinema? Winner.

Matt I'm very happy to go check out the cinema. I can't lock in a date at the mo, but happy to plan it in somewhere later this month. If you'd like me to do it, please PM over Ben's contact details and any reference/booking numbers you may have. I can take plenty of pics to post too.

PS. Pineapple cake FTL!!! :) :) :)

FT"L"? Something more than Winage??? heh heh :D PM'd the details ;) Take your time we got 7 months. :D

I just gotta say Matt..........that is one sweet pic of pigsy!!

XD i'm working my way through the series lately and i can't get enough of it! Brilliant stuff! :p

UPDATE!

Hi Matt,

No worries at all. We can actually lock off the level so it will be safe and sound.

So we'll have a mini display con at the cinema for sure now, i still don't think it will be enough to have a decent con display,

but we'll figure the rest out i'm sure in the coming months....

Chocolate cake is winning so far it seems, the members have spoken! (still will do up a poll for the otehr peeps to vote that couldn't)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Alright! Bring her along, everyone is welcome. :D She would be up for the marathon as well?

I had a dream about watching Mac II on the big screen, there are plenty of moments where the extra strong speakers and widescreen

would make the movie kick ass and be totally worth it. Don't forget the muscial score guys!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

at Maccas :p We still want a barby right? i think that will be on the sunday, who knows, i'll ask me mate who is thinking of holding it. :p

Those who want to offer their backyard put your hand up, and make sure there is a footy and cricket bat!

I personally want to cruise to the beach, like go air train to the GC/Surfers Paradise.

I had a chat to one of me mates in the states who is thinking of adding his support and desiring some advertisement for his shop. :D

He's a big revoltech dealer (including macross of course), those could be nicies for some of the competitions!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Glad to have you onboard sir! Really? been to the US for a con? Certainly hope we meet your expectations here at the Brizzy Con mate! ;)

I'm sure we will. Less nerds can only be a good thing. :lol:

Mud cake and BBQ's.................man, have I died and gone to heaven or what? I would gladly volunteer my backyard.

In Townsy? :p nah one flight/return for me is enough i think lol. Next time meebee. ;)

Got my partner in crime gonna check out the Regent Theatrette today or tomorrow as well, get some good info on how much stuff we can fit in.

We can always have PSP comps ANYWHERE, but for console based ones i don't know, maybe we will resrict the gaming comps to MAF only.

Who would be interested in going to the GC? (2nd con day)

if not where is a good beach for a bit of beach cricket? you know, the gentlemenz sport!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

lol funny, i was going to post up some info regarding this before i saw your post. :p I have noticed the poll count.

Ok seeing that heaps of people have voted and I have have notified WELL past 22 people over the last month,

I could set up a payment date deadline, but the thing to consider is when would people like to have it set??

Ben reckons that he only needs payment 10 days before the con. (prefferably i'd like it atleast a month in advance)

So how about i put up a poll and we can vote on that hey? We certainly have a heap of time to save up, that's why the con is set for May.

I know of a certain lovely lady who might think of even coming from the US to be at our con, but i'd like to hear back from her first.

In fact any people that wish to come over (and you should know your very welcome) from overseas you shoud make it known!

We could make payments to me bank account, i do have paypal, but does that cost a sh^tload of extra on top payments?

I am extrmemly excited about this idea of having the whole private 22 head cinema foyer locked up, that means we can do all

our displaying stuff on the same day, and have the 2nd day for mucking around at the beach or whatever takes out fancy.

If we could fit in all the display part of the con on the cinema day, we wouldn't need to fork out cash for another venue.

One thing i don't want to see happening is things get rushed. 12 hours from 8 am, and i will ask Ben if we can have a gap in

between the 12 hours (or even after?) so we can gawk at all the customs. Cosplay and customs/models can be on that same day

and the 2nd day will be reserved for the Macross Ace Frontier PSP vs PVP battles. (can't wait for that)

Yes it will be first come , first served for which seats gets reserved. I will ask Ben for the seating layout and draw it up so people

can pick and choose. :p That sound cool? Of course i get first choice, Nyah!

I'll be flying down at the end of the year to check out the cinema myself too.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Also that 8 am figure i posted is just a guess, i think we would have it set around 10 am.

Some interesting info i'd like to share with yas. Early discussions with Ben Burns Rep for --- Gold Class.

Based on 12 hours hire I would quote your cinema at $3,500. This price includes a projectionist for the whole period and exclusive auditorium hire for the whole 12 hours. The price would increase however if you wanted to go the 12 hours through the night based purely on the fact that we incur penalty rates with our staff after 12am.
Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

How about Mudcake? I'll be in for mudcake!

:edit:

Have contacted Ben on some details that i want confirmed.

http://www.greaterunion.com.au/goldclass/index.asp

Waiters? Specified time for delivery of food? SWEET! Soon as i know i will open up the new official news thread

like i have been meaning to this week. Just wanted to get some more details before making the effort.

a couple of map images for you peeps!

map0.jpgmap2.jpg

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I am not sure if you have worked out the times for each series, but if it is decided to go with Macross Zero, Macross Plus Movie and DYRL? with Flashback, from the DVD/Bluray I have total time is looking to be just over 7 hours. Will that give sufficent time to check out the displays/cosplay etc., maybe a few best of episodes, plus breaks between shows?

10am sounds fine. People could start turning up from 8 for a meet and greet before getting in to the thick of things. :)

It all gets better with each new post, can't wait. :D