Active Australian Members at MacrossWorld?

ONLY Aussie Con Members please! Vote for your preferred Macross cinema viewing.  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Multi Choice of course. Maximum of 22 votes realistically.

• Macross Zero OVA (non-stop)
    • DRYL? uncut
    • Macross Plus (Movie version)
    • Macross II
    • In case of no Mac II, how about some fav SDF episodes? (RT?? :P )
    • What about fav Frontier episodes???
    • Bombaaaa!!!! fav Mac 7 episodes
  2. 2. HOW L O U D DO YOU WANT IT? WHAT???! SPEAK UP??

• Not too loud please, i have a weak heart.. : (
    • LOUD, as in L O U D so my ears bleed PLEASURE!
    • If it does make my ears bleed, we could always holla at the bloke upstairs to turn it down, yeah we'll test it. :P
  3. 3. What is you fav flavor of cake?

• Chocolate
    • Cheese
    • Pineapple Flavored... :0
    • Something else (don't know alot about cakes) so please post and explain.

lol. well we'll see who will have the backyard and barby first.

but gotta ask everyone hows about the sunday lunchtime barby idea? Would that work? maybe plan the con on a long weekend or something?

Also the proper month when the SDF-1 leaves the island was in February? What day was it? Time?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

good luck putting this together and organizing it... =] the biggest challenge you need to tackle is finding a suitable location and booking a date... number 1 priority before planning anything else that happens at the event...

this will let you know what resources you have at your disposal to plan your actual schedule of events... This will also let you know right away if you'll need to charge for the con. We've been fortunate enough to find places with little or no costs and basically registration costs were only covering food and supplies...

After that... it's all fun and games deciding the program and what you guys want to do... I think we had something for everyone at our con and i hope everyone enjoyed themselves...

let me know if you have any specific questions

Hey Kirik! :D Thanks for dropping in man, we all appreciate it. Just waiting on some prices and then we'll get on with locating a con room.

Might be in Cherside Brisbane, we'll see. Lets keep pumping ideas out before we get serious with booking rooms. :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'll probably want to be in Brisbane for awhile to settle before going to the con, and afterwards too. No sense in rushing things.

Want to attend some martial arts schools, visit uncle and auntie(s), restaurants and pay respects to Great Grandma and Grandpa too.

Is it better to stay in the city, or should I go surburbia anyway? My rellies live in Mt Ommaney.

Hey there

another aussie here all the way from the west coast! just found this site and i love it, i'm gonna get in trouble with my boss for spending too much time on here. Long time collecter, love my yamoto, and glad to have found the place. Hope to get more involved on here soon...

Hey Bluemaxx!!! WELCOME to MacrossWorld! :D

You picked the right time to find the site, next year you can celebrate you macross fandom/collection habits with like minded fools! :p muha hahah you Win!

I'd go to My Ommaney. LOTS cheaper to stay out there. It's also pretty close to the freeway so it isn't hard to get in and out of.

And if we are certain to have it in May, that's not coinciding with school/public holidays.

That's great you have people to visit Kensei!!! I will probably fly down on the Friday after work. Or failing that early Saturday morning.

Really want to get things finalized so we can start booking flights early.

Hey Bluemaxx!!! WELCOME to MacrossWorld! :D

You picked the right time to find the site, next year you can celebrate you macross fandom/collection habits with like minded fools! :p muha hahah you Win!

LOL try telling that to my girlfriend......i'll have buy while i still can damn home loans. Would be interested in ther brissy meet if i can afford to go that it, it'll be a choice of new macross thing or brissy meet....decisions decisions

If i had it my way, I'd have a week off to do it. A small contingent of Aussies can get together during the week and put everything together for the weekend, and have fun at the same time. If we can do that, slipping things in like the SuperNova Convention would be awesome.

hihieverybody.jpg"HiHi Everybody!!"

GoodnewsEverybody.gif

Yes! You are correct, this is the drastically reduced quote from Brisbane’s Gold Class cinema function representative [ben],

I’m really surprised how much it’s gone down from the original guesstimated quote (from other cinema options)…

hehhehhehehheh.jpg

Here’s what he had to say –

Hey Matt,

Hope all is well. I have an official quote for you below, thanks for your patience! I have also attached as requested a combos list should you be interested.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Regent Theatrette

12 Hour Cinema Hire (Between the hours of 8am and 12am)

$2360

Quote includes the hire of a projectionist for the whole 12 hour period.

Ben Burns

QLD Sales Executive

--- Corporate Events

Gold Class, Senstadium, experiencethis.com.au

I originally thought it would be up near the 3.5 k! (taking into consideration the projectionist hire fee) ... that is a brilliant discount.

Ben thinks it’s a great idea, and is really keen to accommodate us for the day. Nice to have some enthusiasm!

All you guys would have to fly out and be at the cinema early before it starts of course.

I’m sure that won’t be too much of a problem, but that leaves

us with re-organizing the time for the (lol) show and tell, where the customs will be shown and displayed.

With 12 hours, just how much can we fit in?

I propose (as originally intended) Macross Zero, non stop, then DYRL?, then Macross Plus the movie,

and then Macross II, I’m not sure how much all that equals too in length.

Would we cut the credits off? I love to watch the credits at the end, mostly due to the brilliant musical score on all of them,

especially DYRL? with Flashback footage at the end.

Could be time to get munchies from the candy bar I guess, top up on frozen coke. Say, 15 mintue intervals.

Ben supplied a list for us –

CANDYBAR COMBOS

Candybar Combo discount applies to groups of 10 or more guests when ordering the same combo. 1 bill only, 1 combo only.

Not for individual sale.

2 Part Combo – Soft drink & Popcorn

Small Size $6.50

Medium Size $7.50

Large Size $8.50

3 Part Combo – Soft Drink, Popcorn & Single Choctop

Small Size $8.50

Medium Size $9.50

Large Size $10.50

Hold that thought, we supplying something extra nice on the day. But your more than welcome to get your own munchies.

Can someone put together an official full length of those 4 flicks/ovas?

Perhaps we would only want the first 3? Whats Zero… 45 minutes each episode? and the next 2

movies are around an hour and ¾ s? … I guessing all of them would be around 9 – 10 hours?

So would there be intervals in between the switch overs, would that count towards the 12 hours?

Ahh I know! Add Flashback in there. Oh wait… Macross II goes for a fair amount of time… 25 minute episodes? Help! Can’t remember….

Thoughts? Maybe we (the organizers) will add in there a suprise, so all we really need now is a full length running time for those listed. Please. :D

But now seriously blokes!

ahem.jpg

SO. :ph34r:

Can we as a group of elitist Macross fans, pitch in to help make this price agreeable individually, so far we have scored around

14 – 15 members, interested in the con. I'm sure over the coming months we will get some more interest here on the forums or even RT.com.

Important that we branch out to all possible aussie macross fans that do not usually check here.

I think we would need to send flyers around to score the extra 20 or so more heads to cut the cost down, there would be

people interested, only if the price would be around lets say…. 30 – 40 bucks a head.

Hell that wouldn’t be the least I would pay to watch the major Macross titles in the ultimate way possible.

I have a dream, I want this to really happen next year. I already have a BIG custom surprise that will be ready by the con date

easily, plus we can check out Mikimoto’s Minmay framed. (HUGE THANKS TO SAVE AND KIRIK) We need a heap of customs!

I call custom comp!

Thoughts???

After the con there WILL be a after-Con party. Just need to start throwing ideas around to make sure we have a good one!

afteraussieconparty.jpg <--- After Aussie Macross Con Party

Are we gonna hold the display-a-con on the Sunday? Then after that we can piss off to the beach or something.

Discuss!

Ohh and people who have the higher quality DVD’s with subs should put up their hand for supplying the viewing material,

I am currently downloading the HKV (blue ray rip) of Macross Zero (absolutely divine quality) but am not sure if they can be placed on dvd?

Do we really need subtitles for works of art like Zero and DYRL?

I’m all for raw and all, but if we are opening it up to the anime public to cut costs, then subs should be included.

I’m sure there are ways get the MKV onto dvd or b/ray disc, so let’s get that organized.

In my library I have all what we need and can supply –

* Mac Zero (all on one disc) with (inaccurate) subtitles. The subs on the MKV rip is much much nicer!

* DYRL? FX (with flashback footage at the end)

* Flashback (no subs I think can’t remember, mostly singing anyways)

* Mac Plus Movie (official release not anniversary special)

* Mac II (official movie/series episodes pasted together)

People with HD quality copies/official dvds/blur-ray discs let us know, higher quality the better.

Anyone want to contact me please do via PM or e-mail with enquiry. I’m on msn a lot, but will check yahoo and icq if it flies that way.

I'll say this for now, the bigger it gets something really extra special might be in store for us. I'll try to make that happen. ;)

“ByeBye everybody!” hihieverybody.jpg

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

LOL try telling that to my girlfriend......i'll have buy while i still can damn home loans. Would be interested in ther brissy meet if i can afford to go that it, it'll be a choice of new macross thing or brissy meet....decisions decisions

Once everything is organized and everyone knows whats in store it will be hard for you to resist i promise.

If I can make it I will be very happy to go. We can all get together and gossip about non-Australian macrossworld members. :lol: :lol:

Maybe it should be timed so it fits in with the Brisbane Supanova convention?

Taksraven

lol yes, gossip shall be in order. :D Does the SUpernova cons usually fall on the weekend?

If so i don't see this happening, we all work during the week and i seriously doubt we will have enough time to fit what

is planned for the Mac Con. If the SuperNova was on a friday that would be awesome! On a sunday not bad.... Saturday we'll see.

Gets some official Supernova con dates ok!

If i had it my way, I'd have a week off to do it. A small contingent of Aussies can get together during the week and put everything together for the weekend, and have fun at the same time. If we can do that, slipping things in like the SuperNova Convention would be awesome.

Yeah that would be cool, i doubt most people will be able to take that time off during the working days but that's why we are here in this thread! :p

Hey, do they have much cosplaying goin on at the Supernova? I've never ever been to an anime con.

I have e-mailed Ben about whats the max number of seats that can be filled, i am guessing 40.

Hoping we can do something like how people that book in early they get choice of where to sit.

I haven't been to one of these gold class cinemas.. so i'm not sure if there is a negative area, like how in my local cinema it totally

sucks being up front, and back. Middleish seats rule. Keep the ideas coming people.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm studying for my final postgrad exam this week, so can't contribute anything helpful, but wanted to say thanks for doing the legwork and for sharing the good news from BCC! Very encouraging!

We might be onto a winner with this one. Seeing the movies on the big screen should be a huge drawcard in making up numbers.

Maybe we could have a modeling comp? 1/72 Hasegawa VF-1 built OOB? Winner gets a prize. Could do a swap'n'sell too.

Anyway, thanks again dude.

I'm studying for my final postgrad exam this week, so can't contribute anything helpful, but wanted to say thanks for doing the legwork and for sharing the good news from BCC! Very encouraging!

We might be onto a winner with this one. Seeing the movies on the big screen should be a huge drawcard in making up numbers.

Maybe we could have a modeling comp? 1/72 Hasegawa VF-1 built OOB? Winner gets a prize. Could do a swap'n'sell too.

Anyway, thanks again dude.

heh heh Dr Nick rules.

Thanks for dropping in mate!

YES, models, highend collectables, cosplay, EVERYTHING mate e v e r y t h i n g we desire. Except bridge bunnies. :(

- U P D A T E -

The Regent Theatrette is located in the centre of Brisbane, Queen St Mall.

Hey Matt,

The cinema is located in the middle of the Brisbane CBD on the Queen Street Mall. It is called The Regent Cinema.

The theatrette has a maximum capacity of 22 people.

In regards to payment, I will need to get full payment 10 days prior to the screening if this is possible, and all quotes thus far have been GST inclusive.

Hope this helps, look forward to hearing what the group decides!

Thanks

Ben Burns

QLD Sales Executive

--- Corporate Events

So this is the info i was after, we have a maximum seat capacity of 22

2360 divided into 22 separately = 107 bucks. Now, any like minded elitest Macross fanatic would think that's rather nice

compared to the original quote Ben (---) and Nick (AMC) gave me, i think it's fair.

remember,

12 hour marathon,

all main Macross movies and OVA's covered,

GOLD Class seatings,

Once in a lifetime, never done before opportunity.

I've been to a couple of Lord of the Ring marathons, that started from 9 pm and finshed up 7 am in the morning, totally recommend

doing a marathon like this. LOTR ani't no Macross though!!! MY Preciousssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss Macross.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just thinking more on it, We could drop Macross II and add in select episodes of the SDF series like the final battle, and other favs...

Thoughts?

We still need a total running time of the Zero OVA, DYRL? plus flashback, Mac Plus Movie and Mac II please guys.

----------

I have asked if they have Blue-Ray/HD capabilities, and wether or not they have a room available to hold the

display part of the con as well.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

would be interested in coming but the price of flying to brissy from perth is pretty high so i will need to get a price closer to the date.

Maybe all the perth people can get together and come across in a group and sort out some cheap pleaces to stay for the time.......or am i the only one?!?

and i'd say we have to have max and miriya's first fight above the SDF-1 from the TV series in......but maybe i've said that cause they are my favourite characters......plus it's a cool fight

Yeah mate, i'm going to open up a poll so we can vote! Also you would not be the only one coming from Perth. ;)

Just check this out guys.... -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regent_Theatre_(Brisbane)

So remember this is the only one that was made available to us, and it's 22 max seats. (i have asked which number we will be in)

I'll edit/post more in this post here with more links and pics when i find them.

:edit:

http://cinematreasures.org/theater/1593/

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

So happy to find this thread!

I'm in Melb, but will make my way up there somehow!

Cheers.

Cool!! Welcome to MacrossWorld man! Glad you have found us, keep glued to this thread during the week for updates k!

Not sure how many more Victorians are coming up, we should do up a list of which members are in know of the con and what state.

I'll try and put up a list on the 1st post or second post today, plus get that poll up.

kinda sad that we can only fit in 22 peoples, at the rate we are going i won't need to contact RT.com for fill in's for the marathon.

(no offense to RT.com people but it would be smart to branch out to Macross's Origins to be in the know of these kind of things). :p

I did send another e-mail to Ben about the bigger 40+ seater, maybe i'll get word from him today, but i think he might not be

able to lend us that one (or 2) as it's usually reserved for the latest film watchings, and the 22 seater is for specialty viewings.

Of course we will want the con as big as we can get it. I'm sure there is a ton of fans out there somewhere.....

One thing is for sure we will need all 22 people to make this work.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Poll added. Vote away!

Please only vote if your actually coming to the cinema part of the Con so as to keep it real (only max of 22 people as you know),

and if your overseas and thinking of coming your more than welcome to vote of course. :)

Please post your thoughts!

I voted for -

Zero, DYRL?, Mac Plus Movie, and SDF episodes. We are celebrating 2009 afterall. ;)

IF we want we could place the SDF episodes before DYRL? or have them after. I can make another poll later but first want to hear your thoughts.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Guys i've contacted Kevin McKeever from RT.com (Con organizer) in regards to maybe getting them down for the day.

Who knows, maybe we'll get some Toynami Betas and Beagle Ride Armours without the shipment worries.

By the time the con comes round and they want to join the party (with the possibility of having our Con when Supernova is)

they will have Houquet (Rook) and Rey's (Rand) Ride Armours (Cyclone) for the picking. :p

This also, more importantly, could mean voice actors. I'd love to have Bradley come down here and sing us some tunes.

Here's what i wrote -

Hi Kev, a big convention is going to happen next year down under.

Brisbane, Australia 2009.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/lofiversio...php/t27994.html

Let us know your thoughts, would love to get the likes of Mr Bradley and other voice actors for the Con.

Whilst the con is primarily catered for fans of the Original Jap Macross fandom, Robotech is certainly appreciated as for most of us it’s our first experience of Macross.

I know back in 2006 there was talk of you guys making the trip down here, with the help from Nora Morris (of Sci-Fi Extreme Conventions) so perhaps 2009 is the

year to promote Robotech in Australia. We are thinking of a date around May (16th on the Saturday and the 17th Sunday following will be used for the display part of the day.)

But it’s not rock solid as of yet, as we are gathering ideas and momentum into making it as big as possible.

With the releases of the Beagle Cyclones/Ride Armours, and the Toynami Beta, I think it would be profitable to show them off to fans in Australia,

piggy backing off an anime con like Supernova or Sci-Fi Extreme (if it is still operation but I know Supernova is) would probably be the go.

I guess by the time the Con is set there would be the other types of Cyclones ready as well (like Rand and Rook’s) and that goes for the Toynami Beta’s variants.

As you would have read, the Saturday (or possibly Sunday) would be used for the private viewings at our Gold Class cinema In Brisbane – Regent Theatrette.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regent_Theatre_(Brisbane) 12 hour marathon including the likes of Macross Zero, DYRL? Macross Plus the Movie, and episodes of the original SDF series. (RT)

http://www.robotech.com/news/viewarticle.php?id=229 (the old thread list)

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/re...&forumid=16 (I just posted a link)

Thankyou for your time Kevin, hope to hear from you and your team soon, As you may already know, 2009 is the official date the SDF-1 Macross was launched. Let’s celebrate!

Best Regards,

yadaayaddayadda

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Only 3 have voted, i hope by the time the weekend rolls around we should have trippled that. :p

I am still waiting to hear back from Ben with some other details, probably get it tomorrow.

Cheers.

sent some more info to Kev at RT.com

Added some more details below, Cheers, Kev,

Matt.

Cinema Viewing -

Regent Theatrette

12 Hour Cinema Hire (Between the hours of 8am and 12am)

$2360 – Maximum of 22 seats

Quote includes the hire of a projectionist for the whole 12 hour period.

This cinema viewing could be upgraded to 40 + seats, but we would need the extra 20 members, we could however place some flyers out and gain the extras.

Perhaps yourselves (from RT.com) and the Voice Actors (if possible) be given the privilege. :)

Michael might vote for a new Gen episode? ;)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I voted:

Macross Zero

Macross Plus (movie)

with DYRL? for the grand finale.

A few best episodes from SDF:M would also be nice addition. :)

mmmm DYRL? as grande finale... N I C E.

Once we get close to the vote tally, i'll make up another poll. Thanks for voting!

As cowie said keep voting blokes!

hahah coool. [ in bold for interest ]

Will try to answer every question here but I apologise if I miss some!

It is not cinema 1 (which is as you said quite lovely) The theatrette is actually on another floor to the cinema so you will have use of all private facilities, ie bathrooms, small kitchenette, the cinema itself.

We do not have allocated seating in the theatrette, but what I could arrange is if we have a guest list I can have some reserved signs done up with your guests name on them and placed on the seats?

The theatrette is so private that you will be able to have it at whatever sound you want.

The larger cinemas will unfortunately be too expensive I feel. Our next smallest is 229 seats and you would be charged on the whole cinema capacity.

Unfortunately we do not have Blue Ray, so I hope DVD is okay!

Many thanks Matthew, hope this has answered some of your queries.

Ben Burns

QLD Sales Executive

--- Corporate Events

Loud as we want you say? sauciness. That is just..... badass.

Also got word from Kevin at RT.com -

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your quick reply!

Thank you for the clairification about the your event.

If you are willing air/ground travel (from LA to Brisbane), hotel and food costs of one HG staffer for the event. Your event can be a tour stop. (The first Robotech Convention Tour stop down under)

I look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,

Kevin McKeever

Marketing

ROBOTECH.com

7655 Sunset Blvd.

Los Angeles, CA

TEL: 323-851-4900 ext. 291

kev@robotech.com

Well it will surely be the Sci-Fi Extreme or Supernova to make any of that possible. :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

lol, added a new poll question, but didn't realise if you have already voted for the previous questions, you won't be able to vote.

Well only 6 votes so far, all the other peeps can have fun with that. :p I will probably make another poll/thread later when con arrangements

are getting closer to finalization. Until then please post your thoughts in this thread.

[darkhelmetvoice] everybody got that? :p [/darkhelmetvoice]

I voted for "L O U D.. SO MY EARS WILL BLEED PLEASURE!" hahahah :lol: sounds kinda sick. :rolleyes: FULLY SICK! B))

Also added in their asking what is your fav flavour of CAKE.

I said pineapple for obvious reasons. You know the drill vote and post. Post to support the con y'all!

Let me know if there are more poll options to add before you would like to vote.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hey Guys,

Josh Morris here from Scifi Extreme, we would be VERY interested in working with you to bring a Robotech/Macross convention to Australia.

I am at work right now, but once I get home I'll email you (ruskiiVFaussie) and get you in contact with Nora (me mum) Director of Scifi Extreme, and lets make this happen!

Talk to you soon.

All the best,

Josh Morris.

Scifi Extreme.

Edited by Riggs

Alright!!! Glad your got my e-mail Josh! :) Good to hear you and Nora are still thinking about getting a con together. :D

This con is rock solid.

If we can't get Robotech.com here well that's life, this con is for the pursits mostly, even though almost all of us started out with RT.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie