Active Australian Members at MacrossWorld?

ONLY Aussie Con Members please! Vote for your preferred Macross cinema viewing.  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Multi Choice of course. Maximum of 22 votes realistically.

• Macross Zero OVA (non-stop)
    • DRYL? uncut
    • Macross Plus (Movie version)
    • Macross II
    • In case of no Mac II, how about some fav SDF episodes? (RT?? :P )
    • What about fav Frontier episodes???
    • Bombaaaa!!!! fav Mac 7 episodes
  2. 2. HOW L O U D DO YOU WANT IT? WHAT???! SPEAK UP??

• Not too loud please, i have a weak heart.. : (
    • LOUD, as in L O U D so my ears bleed PLEASURE!
    • If it does make my ears bleed, we could always holla at the bloke upstairs to turn it down, yeah we'll test it. :P
  3. 3. What is you fav flavor of cake?

• Chocolate
    • Cheese
    • Pineapple Flavored... :0
    • Something else (don't know alot about cakes) so please post and explain.

:edit: Updated details towards the back, if you are a newcomer i recommend spending the time checking

out the order of happenings, as it's a good way to feel part of what should be truly a magnicifant event.

Saturday and Sunday May the 16th and 17th! 2009! below is the original post.

No details will be revealed yet... atleast not now rather later,

so if fellow aussies want something kick ass to happen down under, say YAY! Make yourselves known!

[will try to track down members via PM]

macozconminies1.jpg

BRISBANE - 2009.

==============================================================================

Edited 19/11/08 - *already have the 22 max of members notified needed for the Macross Marathon.*

If you want to make sure you reserve your VIP seat (yes you can choose which one and have your name listed as reserved for such and

such member) please keep an eye on updates, i will also PM/e-mail each member instantaneously that has posted in the con thread,

with official details and how-to`s for payment. Sorry it's only 22 max that's all that was on offer! :) I will give warnings when i will rally

up the payment date. That's all for now regarding the Macross Marathon. Cheers!

------ edited-------

Added Poll. see page 3 for more details.

Added 2 more poll questions to make use of the option for this therad anyways.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

no no QLD, i still gotta fly to Brisbane (same cost of flight if was in sydney flying to Brisbane), so it's not like right in my backyard. :p

Just want to get the word out next year we'll have a bit of a party. ;D (my friend and i are working out the details, and prices are being finalized)

If you have a mate who is interested in Macross, let em know, we would like to get a decent number for one of the cool things we are gonna do.

I am hoping atleast 15 - 20.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Sweet, I'm in Brisbane. I guess that means I'm out of excuses for not attending :)

Mark

PetarB is down in Sydney I think.

Whilst we're talking Aus, where's the best place to find Mac Frontier? I still haven't seen any. Is it all via torrent or can you buy it from Madman or something?

Whilst we're talking Aus, where's the best place to find Mac Frontier? I still haven't seen any. Is it all via torrent or can you buy it from Madman or something?

Totally OT ;)

Madman only sell licensed dubbed & subbed so I'd say it will be a while before they have it :mellow:

Edited by thegunny

No details will be revealed yet... atleast not now rather later,

so if fellow aussies want something kick ass to happen down under, say YAY! Make yourselves known!

[will try to track down members via PM]

BRISBANE - 2009.

*already PM'd 9 of you guys that i know of*

Have you started to get an idea of numbers?

I should have no problem coming over from NZ. I won't know till closer to the time, but sometimes it can be cheaper to fly to Aussie than between our two main islands :huh:

Have you started to get an idea of numbers?

I should have no problem coming over from NZ. I won't know till closer to the time, but sometimes it can be cheaper to fly to Aussie than between our two main islands :huh:

Yeah it's crazy how it works out like that (and only under 2 hours flight time isn't it? or maybe that's to Sydney... lol will be awesome to have you with us!

Ideally we would like to gain members that are true fans (mostly from here at MacrossWorld and a maybe a couple i only know from RT.com ages ago which should be here at MW)

so ok, i'll let loose some ideas, all con (yeah might as well call it a con offically now heh) ideas were going to be put forward to a vote anyways, but this one i think is a no go.

We were toying with the idea of hiring out a BCC cinema screen for either 1 or 3 dvd changes, we are still waiting on official pricings, but it doesn't look good for us price wise.

.. pushing for an allnighter marathon of Macross Zero, DYRL?, and Macross Plus the Movie, but unfortunately the hiring cost for that is normally up around 3K.

I shall quote "Tell him he's dreaming!" :p but yeah that was going to be the main big surpise, but i haven't given up yet. Stay tuned, other big suprises are being tossed around,

making sure our FIRST Macross con an ultra memorable one. Remember 2009 is the year the SDF-1's launch date!!! :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Remember 2009 is the year the SDF-1's launch date!!! :)

If that was the main BIG suprise, I would sell mine and my relatives kidneys to see a real SDF-1 launch.:D

Shame about the cost of the cinema, that sounded great. Is the cinema idea still cheaper than some kind of hotel convention centre/function room with a big screen?

DYRL?, Plus, and Zero are probably my top three Macross features, the allnighter marathon will be worth looking forward too. :)

I look forward for future updates.

An even better idea would be able to get a place to hold the con and viewings in one.

We COULD watch the whole three (main attractions of the macross legend imo) late half of the Saturday till dead of night, with the aid of pizza. :D

Why we'd even crash there and then we'll all be able to piss of back to whence we came at brizzy domestic airport. :p

Wouldn't yours still be domestic or international? :o

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yeah anything to place on display would be great, we are looking into what we can hire for display cases or something 'secure' for all our valuable stuff.

Are we going to open a display to the anime lovin' public via flyers? Would it be free? Or would be charge a dollar a head (for example) to support the con

and kill off some of the overheads. Obviously people who contribute to the displays wouldn't be charged, this is just something to think about to make it big.

Let us brainstorm!

From an organisational standpoint, it may be worth considering piggybacking onto another anime convention and then have a small invite-only get together afterwards for the movie marathon? I'm assuming numbers will be well under 50 people, which makes pretty much anything cost prohibitive. Grabbing our own stand at a general anime con might be worth looking at?

That said, dude I am very keen on the cinema idea! (Can cinemas do DVD?) Perhaps if there was a smaller cinema we could get it cheaper than BCC prices. Then look at how many people could be (realistically!) expected to attend, and go from there. I mean, if we're trying to entice people to fly to Bris from Sydney, NZ, Melbourne, wherever, we need a good event, right? I'm just saying that I wouldn't fly interstate to stand around in a scout hall, but I WOULD cough up coin to fly somewhere to meet some people, see some Macross toys/kits/etc. on display, have a beer, grab some food, and settle in for a Macross movie marathon in a cinema.

Say we can find a smaller cinema, at maybe $2000 for the afternoon/evening. You could probably price it at $40 for con, your own pizza, and movies. Less cost of food and incidentals, you'd probably have $25 per head to pay for the cinema. That's 80 bums in seats to pay for the movies. You see where I'm going? Then you need to suss out whether the cinema fits 80, then how many people can you reasonably expect? Maybe look at $40 for the con in advance, $50 pay on the day (whatever! :))

Bottom line for now would be to decide what people are interested coming to Brisbane for. That'll steer how many people we're trying to get on board.

Sorry about the long post. This is just spitballing a few ideas; please don't see this as me telling anyone what they should or shouldn't do, or even how a convention works - cause I've never been to one! :) I'm just talking marketing.

Mark

Pizza is just so......American. :p Can't we have a cook up? :D

I'll volunteer to help cook. Good BBQ, let's help fit the stereotype me old blokes.

You mean we cant be Australians imitating Americans eating Italian food whilst enjoying Japanese anime? :)

Seriously though, I like the BBQ idea too.

Hey KOTUS!!!!! glad to have you with us.

I honestly don't know who else we haven't got in contact, if you guys do know of some other lurker macross fans please do let them know. :D

rofl

You mean we cant be Australians imitating Americans eating Italian food whilst enjoying Japanese anime? :)

Seriously though, I like the BBQ idea too.

Oh yeah, a barby. We can do a fun poll up and vote for these kinds of things later of course. :D I'm all for a barby. Pizza is too heavy.

Kensei if your cooking you need to cosplay Global.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

yeah Mark, they can (dvd watching on a --- cinema screen) providing we pay up for the staff services.

i've looked into it and asked all the right questions, but i'm laid up from work this week with a sprained ankle, and can't check my business e-mail if they have replied with an official quote.

Anyways, yep, dvds will be no problem, THE problem is that we need to hire an engineer to look after the dvd changes (ooo big job) so that will cost.

Also the cinema ppl will want to make as much money off us as possible, meaning they need to figure out how much would they be making off a full house cinema.

so for a 12 hour marathon, that includes Mac Zero non-stop (1 DVD) and then DYRL?, and changed again for Mac Plus Movie, around what, 10 hours? 12 hour hire is around 3 k.

for 1 movie i was guestimated a 1,300 $. expensive hey!

Can you imagine the experience????

But we are not millionaires, or a proper club able to fund something expensive like that.

at a 3500 (40 seat i think) it would be around 30 something to 40 bucks a head. lol

Oh it will be good, and bloody well worth the flight (i think we have 4 resident brizbanites and the rest including myself would have to jet out to the con.)

and this is why we should brainstorm ideas to make it just that. Worth it. Keep the ideas flowing! a good ol shrimp on the barby and VB is on the cards.

btw what was the "official" date the SDF-1 launched? I can't get up to check on my dvd. I'd love to hold the con on the same date, providing it lands on a sat or sunday.

From an organisational standpoint, it may be worth considering piggybacking onto another anime convention and then have a small invite-only get together afterwards for the movie marathon? I'm assuming numbers will be well under 50 people, which makes pretty much anything cost prohibitive. Grabbing our own stand at a general anime con might be worth looking at?

That said, dude I am very keen on the cinema idea! (Can cinemas do DVD?) Perhaps if there was a smaller cinema we could get it cheaper than --- prices. Then look at how many people could be (realistically!) expected to attend, and go from there. I mean, if we're trying to entice people to fly to Bris from Sydney, NZ, Melbourne, wherever, we need a good event, right? I'm just saying that I wouldn't fly interstate to stand around in a scout hall, but I WOULD cough up coin to fly somewhere to meet some people, see some Macross toys/kits/etc. on display, have a beer, grab some food, and settle in for a Macross movie marathon in a cinema.

Say we can find a smaller cinema, at maybe $2000 for the afternoon/evening. You could probably price it at $40 for con, your own pizza, and movies. Less cost of food and incidentals, you'd probably have $25 per head to pay for the cinema. That's 80 bums in seats to pay for the movies. You see where I'm going? Then you need to suss out whether the cinema fits 80, then how many people can you reasonably expect? Maybe look at $40 for the con in advance, $50 pay on the day (whatever! :))

Bottom line for now would be to decide what people are interested coming to Brisbane for. That'll steer how many people we're trying to get on board.

Sorry about the long post. This is just spitballing a few ideas; please don't see this as me telling anyone what they should or shouldn't do, or even how a convention works - cause I've never been to one! :) I'm just talking marketing.

Mark

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'd love to come, if this gets organised. Sorry I can't help with the organising, pretty busy these days. But I would certainly bring some Macross styrene to gawk at and critique. A couple of Macross movies at the cinemas, now that would be an awesome way to cap things off.

I'd love to come, if this gets organised. Sorry I can't help with the organising, pretty busy these days. But I would certainly bring some Macross styrene to gawk at and critique. A couple of Macross movies at the cinemas, now that would be an awesome way to cap things off.

Did somebody say Wonderfest Brisbane limited run 1/72 Minmei figures from the PetarB House O' Resin??

I think they did!!! :) :) :) lol

Hey there

another aussie here all the way from the west coast! just found this site and i love it, i'm gonna get in trouble with my boss for spending too much time on here. Long time collecter, love my yamoto, and glad to have found the place. Hope to get more involved on here soon...

Oh yeah, a barby. We can do a fun poll up and vote for these kinds of things later of course. :D I'm all for a barby. Pizza is too heavy.

Sorry to butt in, but a word about the BBQ. MWCon tried it for a year or two, and while the food was great, it invariably meant someone had to spend the whole con outside cooking. Pizza might not be gourmet, but it's easy and relatively cheap and sometime that counts for a lot in these kind of events.

If you haven't yet I'd recommend shooting a PM to Solscud007 or kiririth, as both of them have experience from planning the Macross World Cons.

Yeah Yellow, this is just to gain interest first and shoot some ideas around,

and if Kiririth and Solscud have to the time later on we'd love to see some ideas from them as they are the masters (what, 8 MacrossWorld cons so far?).

Aussie barby is all about everyone including the cook standing around with either a bundy or XXXX in the hand whilst the steaks are burning. :p It's all good.

But for fuel for the movie viewing, yeah pizza is hard to beat.

That's another idea that was going to be thrown in, a 2 dayer event, the Sunday could be the barby day and chill out sess before the guys had to fly back home.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Agreed with the time issue, but there are some ways around that. I just mentioned it because cooking food is love. We gotta share the love baby! But of course, YLM has a point, if no one organises and volunteers, it'll fall apart, and.....pizza it will be. :D

The reason why I don't like eating pizza out too much, is because we have the World Pizza Champion here in Perth, and well.... once you go there, he is hard to beat. :D