Another *glowing* review of Macross Frontier.

ShizumaRobo

Not a bad review. It was entertaining, but more than a little silly.

I don't see what was so bad about Macross Zero. I thought it was rather cool. Why do some people hate it so much?

*Air Raid Warning! Air Raid Warning! Serious thread derailment is about to ensue!* :)

I'm just kidding :)

But that question is definitely a whole other topic. Go ahead and start one, but be prepared for a very lively thread :)

Edited by Mr March

Wow, Duke hasn't weighed in on this. :D See Duke? This is the kind of review you SHOULD have written. ;)

Anyways, the only error I noticed was that the satan-dressed chick who responded said that Kawamori created Minmay. Nope, it was Mikimoto. GIVE HIM THE CREDIT HE DESERVES!!!!!!

I believe it's because the last episode was soooo rushed and nobody knows what happened to the two main characters. ^_^

All I can say is one word: Megaroad ^_^

Btw... To all Macross Zero haters outthere... I recommend you stay away from 2001: A Space Odyssey for your own good... :lol:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

All I can say is one word: Megaroad ^_^

Btw... To all Macross Zero haters outthere... I recommend you stay away from 2001: A Space Odyssey for your own good... :lol:

Very good point.

God forbid we should rely on our own imaginations to contemplate what happened. I find it silly that some would discount an entire work because of one aspect of it. Why is it so necessary to depict exactly what happens? I have a mind, and I can infer and interpret what must have happened on my own.

First people will complain about an ending being unresolved in some way. Then they complain about an ending not going the way they had hoped. Writers probably leave open endings to anime just to keep people from b**ching about the endings that they actually write to completion. Just fill in the blanks yourself and you won't be disappointed.

I wonder what people think about the ending to TLOTR trilogy? I thought it just kept going and going. It was truly the other extreme IMHO.

While I agree with the review, I disagree with him saying that they should drop Macross Zero. It definetly wasn't the series' best, but a lot of Frontier's plot was connected to it.

Frontier had very little to do with Zero. It was more of the "Darth Vader built 3PO" type of connection. Zero bombed because it took too long to get all of the episodes out, and it retconned what we thought we knew about the time before SDF Macross.

Frontier had very little to do with Zero.

Err... Are you kidding me? Actually I found more visual references to Zero than Seven on Frontier... And they showed lots of Birdman and other scenes (Protoculture related) from Zero a lot, while they showed only few from Seven (The main colony vessel? Basara's guitar?). Hell, episode 10 basically referenced the whole Macross ZERO OVA...

And we even got to see a character from Zero now much much older. Where were the older Basara, Isamu, Misa, Hikaru, etc. I ask? :rolleyes:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I agreed and laughed horribly at his commentary of the Minmay image.

macfront2.jpg

hmmm.... with all the "i actually love minmay!" confessions going around recently (my own testimonial included), i'm starting to wonder whether minmay really is as hated as much as i thought among macross fans outside of japan.

Err... Are you kidding me? Actually I found more visual references to Zero than Seven on Frontier... And they showed lots of Birdman and other scenes (Protoculture related) from Zero a lot, while they showed only few from Seven (The main colony vessel? Basara's guitar?). Hell, episode 10 basically referenced the whole Macross ZERO OVA...

And we even got to see a character from Zero now much much older. Where were the older Basara, Isamu, Misa, Hikaru, etc. I ask? :rolleyes:

Yup, all I have to say is Sheryl Nome.

hmmm.... with all the "i actually love minmay!" confessions going around recently (my own testimonial included), i'm starting to wonder whether minmay really is as hated as much as i thought among macross fans outside of japan.

People who hate Minmay are Robotech fans, not Macross ones. Macross fans recognize Minmay as a true Goddess.

Good review. Obviously this is a comedy site and is written with an entertaining flare.

Too bad this guy doesn't know jack and or sh#@t about Macross 7. His other reviews tend to lend themselves to someone who likes rock and roll. But he doesn't care for the hard rock universe saving goodness of Firebomber. BS if you ask me. Dude's just too hung up on Basara. But I guess if you can't get past Basara you're really not going to be able to like it at all as he is the main focus.

His other reviews are pretty funny tho. Especially the negative ones. Gunbuster 2 and Melody of Oblivion were especially silly.

People who hate Minmay are Robotech fans, not Macross ones. Macross fans recognize Minmay as a true Goddess.

Not necessarily. some macross fans may have been indoctrinated through robotech, and their hatred for RT Minmay may have been carried over. some might have also been voting for misa to get the guy, and in the process grew to hate minmay (yes, even then, i guess there were 'shippers, though there wasn't a name for them yet). a while back, there was a discussion that the first macross that you watched (RT/DYRL/SDFM) could play into how you feel about Minmay.

Err... Are you kidding me?

No, did it seem like I was? B))

The only connections between the two series were that Mao Nome is in both of them (though she has no speaking role in Frontier and only appears in a few flashbacks), and that the Birdman design was based upon the Vajra Queen (though no character discusses it in the series). They are weak at best. As I said, its very "Darth Vader built 3PO".

Edited by Duke Togo