Site Slowdowns?

As the title says, usually at night MW forums tend to slow down and sometimes I can't even access the site for a good 5-10 minutes, even then I just give up.

Anyone else dealing with this issue? I've been letting it go for awhile but now it's a point in which I'm starting to get annoyed.

I'm 8 hours ahead and will sometimes get on MW in the middle of the night (prime time you're time). I rarely have any problems and I'm making twice as many network hops to get to the server (assuming it in CA). You may have local connectivity issues. - MT

Edited by MechTech

I've been having much the same. Sometimes I even get database error messages.

Thats what I'm also having.

It's probably the fact that you guys are 8 hours ahead/behind that your not suffering any issues, maybe it just sucks to be in the middle. <_<

Been getting it for 3 days now... I have a couple of double posts but a lot more connectivity issues...

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Yup, I'm getting the same error, first the forum slow downs when I click a thread, and sometimes received the database error.

Just for the record. . . this is beyond the control of everyone but Shawn. This isn't a problem that can be fixed with the forum back-end, or FTP, or by thinking affectionate thoughts. It's a low-level server thing.

I too have seen it occasionally. . . but usually only late at night. So I haven't considered it much of an issue. I assumed (and still suspect) that there is some low-level backup taking place.

Perhaps it could be throttled back or otherwise made less intrusive. . . but that's up Shawn's alley.

The other 99% of the time, during the day and most of the night, this site is lightning fast for me.

I've been remiss in responding to Shawn's last email. But I'll get to that and bring this up at the same time. Though as sporadic as it is, I would have a hard time characterizing this as an urgent problem. I suspect that only the truly obsessive visitors here encounter the problem enough to truly be a nuisance. Go get a drink or something while it works itself out and come back to find it zippy again. ;)