1/72 Commanchero gunship

captain america

Hi everyone.

I started this thread in order to gauge interest for a potential 1/72 Commanchero model, since I had mentioned the topic previously and was met by some enthusiasm by board members. That having been said, my goal would be to have a model that would have clear vac-formed canopies and detailed cockpits, optional rocket pods and the option to have deployed or retracted landing gear. I was looking at 120-ish bucks as a goal also.

All those who are interested, feel free to chime-in :)

Alright, I'm gonna have to say "yes." With all that good stuff AND ordnance, how could I say no. I'll keep it at work and tell everyone it's the Apache's replacement :lol:

People see my Hase boxart Super VF-1S poster at work and think IT'S real... :huh: - MT

Edited by MechTech

I'm in for one. Cap how are you going to cast the rotors so they wont sag? :huh:

The same way I managed to get matchstick-thick landing struts to hold up a beached whale like the Gnerl: inserts ^_^

Honestly, I think that once you can get anime-accurate landing gear on something like that project and not have it collapse under its own weight, most everything else is child's play.

The same way I managed to get matchstick-thick landing struts to hold up a beached whale like the Gnerl: inserts ^_^

Honestly, I think that once you can get anime-accurate landing gear on something like that project and not have it collapse under its own weight, most everything else is child's play.

Some thin metal flat stock ought to do the trick.